• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Goggles in general field of view Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   König 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

for anyone who knows anything about a cirlce, u know that there are only 360 degrees.
big deal i know
but when goggle manufacturers are rating their goggles with all these 250 and 270 degree fields of view, they are assuming that ur eyes are up against and touching the front center of the lens, which anyone who has played paintball knows that ur eyes are a couple inches back from the lense. I say this because, lets say that a mask claims 270 degrees of view, that is three quarters of a circle. anyone who plays paintball, or has 2 eyes for that matter, knows that they cannot see behind them, and anything past a 180 degree field of view is seeing behind u, which people cannot do.
i wonder why goggle manufacturers continue putting the degree measurements on their products, even though it is simple to see that this is not true
im not tryin to put anyone out of business or anything for false advertising, i just dont know why they would sell something that is so easy to tell is not true
i would apreciate replies to see if anyone else has noticed this.
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   leftover 

• the wisdom of a fool won't set you free
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

View PostKönig, on Apr 15 2006, 06:38 PM, said:

for anyone who knows anything about a cirlce, u know that there are only 360 degrees.
big deal i know
but when goggle manufacturers are rating their goggles with all these 250 and 270 degree fields of view, they are assuming that ur eyes are up against and touching the front center of the lens, which anyone who has played paintball knows that ur eyes are a couple inches back from the lense. I say this because, lets say that a mask claims 270 degrees of view, that is three quarters of a circle. anyone who plays paintball, or has 2 eyes for that matter, knows that they cannot see behind them, and anything past a 180 degree field of view is seeing behind u, which people cannot do.
i wonder why goggle manufacturers continue putting the degree measurements on their products, even though it is simple to see that this is not true
im not tryin to put anyone out of business or anything for false advertising, i just dont know why they would sell something that is so easy to tell is not true
i would apreciate replies to see if anyone else has noticed this.

i'm taking a guess because that is how much lense is open to see.

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:21 PM

let me put it to you this way. Put on my JT Nvader elite lens with a 190 degree field of vision. Bigger than the 180 you say we have. Then put on my JT Axiom mask thatt has a 290 degree field of vision. Beleive me. You will notice a huge difference. Huge. I didnt want to believe it at first so i had a friend stand beside me till i couldnt see him in my nvader mask. Then i put my axiom on and i could see him and a few feet past him.

Trust me, you can see past 180, hold your hands out to your side and slowly move them behind you, stop when you cant see them anymore, betcha its just past 180 or more.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   MDS 

• A Beautiful Lie
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

looking straight ahead, i can see my arms that are straight out.. I can push them back further, and through my periphiral vision, i can see them EASILY!
Reaperman is right.... Go buy a 5 dollar brass eagle mask, that claims 180 degree FOV, and go try on profilers, or events... Huge Differance.
We are going on a safari, see the lions from my Ferrari xD
One of a Kind AKA Sniper F/S/T
Cheap LNIB Quest F/S/T

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users