Special Ops Paintball: Two Brand New Tippmann Products!!! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two Brand New Tippmann Products!!! Has Anyone Heard Anything about Them??? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Open Sights LLC 

• Open Sights, LLC
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

Hello--

I have heard that Tippmann is releasing two new products within the next few months:

1. They are releasing a new barrel system called "StraightLine." It was designed with Woodsball in mind. I THINK (though I am not sure) it is only for the A-5 and the X-7, and it only comes in 16 inch length (again, I am not SURE about this). It was created through a partnership between Tippmann (of course) and HammerHead. As I understand it, they will be sold in a complete kit including three sizers (.683; .686; .688), a carrying case, and lithium grease. It is supposed to retail for around $149.00. I guess . . . they are to be available within the next couple of weeks, definitely within a month.

2. They are also releasing a new / better pistol that uses brand new technology. I did not hear too many details about this, but it is supposed to be .68 caliber, lightweight, compact, and modifiable. Plus, of course, it will have Tippmann reliability. I heard nothing about how much it will cost. I think (though I am not sure) that it is supposed to have a block-look . . . like many real 9mm pistols have. I guess . . . these will not be available until this fall sometime.

It is my understanding that both of these products will be used at the big "D-Day" event coming up soon. I don't know ANYTHING about that event, though I am sure many of you folks do. I only mention that because that is part of what I heard.

That is all I have heard. I just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone else has heard anything else about these--or any other--new Tippmann products. I know I am always eager to hear about new Tippmann stuff.

Feel free to share what you have heard / know about these or other things.

Thanks.
Open Sights, LLC

"What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right."

"Our job is simply to do what is right . . . and let God worry about the details."

#2 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

Itl be interesting. But i think tippmann will lose a lot of attention since the release of the new BT marker.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:42 AM

the Straight line was discussed last weekend...hadent heard about the Pistol..doubt ill ever be Interested in it
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

There is a Thread is the Paintball News Forum and its not looking good.

Never heard or read anything about a Pistol comin from them and I doubt it will be any better than what is already out.

#5 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hmmmm...... :dry:

#6 User is offline   Open Sights LLC 

• Open Sights, LLC
  • PipPip

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

I did not even know to look in the “Paintball News” section. I have never looked in there, so I did not look there about the new Tippmann barrel. I did look in the “Mods and Upgrades Room—Barrels” section. And, I also looked in the “Paintball Marker Talk—Tippmann” section before posting my thread.

I will need to check that section out to see what is posted there about these new barrels.

Thanks.
Open Sights, LLC

"What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right."

"Our job is simply to do what is right . . . and let God worry about the details."

#7 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

Darn, I was hoping that people were finally wising up to how rifling does not work on paintballs.

I don't know how much "Tippmann Reliability" is worth these days. I think they've lost a lot of the reputation they built up in the 90s. Aside from their pump markers they've never made anything aside from inline blowback markers - I'm wondering what the will do to make a lightweight and compact pistol. I'm hoping it's not modeled after a 9mm - I don't really like Tippmann's whole movement away from woodsball and towards mil-sim.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#8 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

View PostPiller, on Jun 12 2008, 05:58 PM, said:

Darn, I was hoping that people were finally wising up to how rifling does not work on paintballs.

I don't know how much "Tippmann Reliability" is worth these days. I think they've lost a lot of the reputation they built up in the 90s. Aside from their pump markers they've never made anything aside from inline blowback markers - I'm wondering what the will do to make a lightweight and compact pistol. I'm hoping it's not modeled after a 9mm - I don't really like Tippmann's whole movement away from woodsball and towards mil-sim.

I kind of agree. I mean, it's like they are a step away from airsoft... I dunno.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#9 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

I agree also. Tippmann barely ever comes out with a truely inovative design. Its all blow back guns, nothing new.

#10 User is offline   chaos760 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:chaos760

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

I used to work for tippmann last summer as a temp, and I got layed off because of the drop in sales. The word here in Fort Wayne is that they are developing a pistol to compete with the tac8/9. They have to do something because there sales are slumping due to smart parts releasing the sp1 and the vibe. So hopefully they do this right and increase sales, it'd be nice to have a pistol that compares to the tac8.

#11 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

View Postchaos760, on Jun 15 2008, 08:11 PM, said:

I used to work for tippmann last summer as a temp, and I got layed off because of the drop in sales. The word here in Fort Wayne is that they are developing a pistol to compete with the tac8/9. They have to do something because there sales are slumping due to smart parts releasing the sp1 and the vibe. So hopefully they do this right and increase sales, it'd be nice to have a pistol that compares to the tac8.

Like I said before, I doubt a Pb Pistol from Tippmann will be any better than what is already out.

What they should do (and has been said many times) is bring back the SL68 II and the SMG.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users