Special Ops Paintball: How long can you leave your tank full for? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How long can you leave your tank full for?

#1 User is offline   T-Rex 

• 68 Kaliber Killer Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:T-Rex

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:17 AM

How Long can You leave CO2 in your tank for?

I've had a tank filled with it for probably over a year now; I think it's pretty much full.

Will it be a danger if I use it?
I Have No Signature
OFFICIAL Sabre #56!
LET BEAR THE FURY OF THE WOODS!!!
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature
Too much mercy will weigh you down
If We can't do it it doesn't need to be done!

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:44 AM

Not at all...you can leave tanks filled indefinitely. In fact they say not to completely empty HPA tanks or store them emptyfor long periods of time. I have had my hpa tanks filled with air for years at a time. I think my Dye Peanut is up for hydro in October, i don't think it has had a day since the first fill where it didn't have at least 2k PSI in it. That's 4+ years there...had the same thing with my Crossfire tank that i sold a year ago.

The only thing to worry about is your Hydrotest date. If it's past hydro/expired, no one will fill your tanks or let you use them at a field. How long the tank stays filled for doesn't really matter.

Only other thing i can say is if you use Co2 don't leave your tanks filled next to a heating source (space heater, wall heater, things like that) as the heat will expand the CO2 and likely vent the burst disk. There were some dumb kids who got their tanks filled, placed them ON TOP of a heater... then when tehy tanks blew apart (burst disks failed cause the kids worked on them themselves and failed to properly install them right) and the kids moms were freaking out saying how dangerous PB was and how we use bombs...when their children are dumb as rocks and it's all their fault. I have had CO2 tanks filled for years and never had an explosion....i don't put mine next to heat sources.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

It's better for the tank to be full. It keeps dirt and water out.

#4 User is offline   T-Rex 

• 68 Kaliber Killer Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:T-Rex

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

Legato, on May 16 2010, 03:44 AM, said:

Not at all...you can leave tanks filled indefinitely. In fact they say not to completely empty HPA tanks or store them emptyfor long periods of time. I have had my hpa tanks filled with air for years at a time. I think my Dye Peanut is up for hydro in October, i don't think it has had a day since the first fill where it didn't have at least 2k PSI in it. That's 4+ years there...had the same thing with my Crossfire tank that i sold a year ago.

The only thing to worry about is your Hydrotest date. If it's past hydro/expired, no one will fill your tanks or let you use them at a field. How long the tank stays filled for doesn't really matter.

Only other thing i can say is if you use Co2 don't leave your tanks filled next to a heating source (space heater, wall heater, things like that) as the heat will expand the CO2 and likely vent the burst disk. There were some dumb kids who got their tanks filled, placed them ON TOP of a heater... then when tehy tanks blew apart (burst disks failed cause the kids worked on them themselves and failed to properly install them right) and the kids moms were freaking out saying how dangerous PB was and how we use bombs...when their children are dumb as rocks and it's all their fault. I have had CO2 tanks filled for years and never had an explosion....i don't put mine next to heat sources.

That pretty much sums it up. Thanks!
That's a big load off my mind.
I Have No Signature
OFFICIAL Sabre #56!
LET BEAR THE FURY OF THE WOODS!!!
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature
Too much mercy will weigh you down
If We can't do it it doesn't need to be done!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users