• You cannot reply to this topic

Any South Dakota members? Need some intel Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

Well, here's the short version.

I'm debating re-locating to South Dakota in the near future (early as end of this year, maybe later) because of comparable climate (which I like), less people (well, all together anyway - I can't stand massive cities like St. Paul or Minneapolis), and far, far better taxes.

I've scouted online a bit, and let's say aside from a job (not that I need it yet, seeing as the move won't be for a while), all that's left on the "can I find it yet?" is a home field.

So I ask you guys -- where do you go to play paintball? Pbreview had some stuff, but nothing overly helpful (what a surprise there).

Thanks in advance,

-A possible convert, but not just yet.
Member of Team Akkadian

#2 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Thalion, Gatekeeper has been living in the Vermilion area (hour south of Sioux Falls) for a couple years now....I am pretty sure he has been to at least 1 or 2 of the local fields, I will see what he says and possibly have him get in contact with you via the forums here.

#3 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

Thanks Ern.

Again, it's not confirmed at all. I'd say it's about 50/50 right now.

I guess what it amounts to is I'm finally starting to get maybe close enough to buy a house instead of throwing money away on rent, and while I've enjoyed my life here in Minnesota (aside from the taxes), I'm considering moving. The only thing I'd really miss is Splat Tag, but I'd still make it out for the big stuff (HFTC, GBG). Most of the people I knew (outside of paintball) have left or otherwise scattered across the nation.

That, and it seems to run in my family's blood to scatter from wherever they called home. My father is the closest of his siblings to where he grew up, and he's on the opposite side of the state from where he grew up (the farthest fled to San Antonio. And my father's cousins fled to places like Alaska).
Member of Team Akkadian

#4 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

My hometown is about 15 miles from the SD border and I can say that there really isn't much for you on the Eastern side of SD for sure..
There is a small summer speedball tournament that is held called the "I-29" series, but other than that there aren't many major places to play anymore.
There was a field called Darkside paintball that had both indoor and outdoor locations but it went out of business. The closest decent field that I know
is located in Sabin, MN (right by Fargo ND/Moorhead MN) that caters to the Fargo, North Dakota area players. I've played there a few times and it's a pretty nice field with nice people. I can't speak for western SD though, by say Rapid City and the like. Someone else will have to help you out there.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users