SPECIAL OPS FUSION ULTRALITES Jersey and Pants Review

#1 User is offline   Trock 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Trock

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:18 AM

Pants and Jersey Review:

Pants - I was a little skeptical about ordering these due to the sizing as I am a 36 waist and a 34 length (6'3", 220 lbs). I was afraid that they would be too short as the sizing chart says the longest is 32"...I was wrong. I ordered a size "LARGE" and they fit PERFECTLY! They are long enought that I could wear sneakers (instead of boots) and the length would still have a slight bend at the bottom (not the "high-water" look). They are light enough to feel like you are wearing shorts, but heavy enough to feel comfortable and protected. The extra knee protection is awesome. The swab pockets are really nice also.

I'm not a huge fan of the way the waist tightens with the BDU type draw tab, but it's ok. I would have liked a more traditional paintball pants snap and velcro. Also only three belt loops - one in back, two in front/sides

Pros: Made by SpecOps, Light, Durable, Perfect Fit, Knee Protection, Comfortable, Draw String at the bottom of the legs

Cons: Could use two or three more belt loops and deeper front pockets.

9 out of 10 Rating from Me

Jersey - Matches my Broadsword vest PERFECTLY!!! I wear an XL to XXL t-shirt normally so I decided to order an XL in the jersey (although it says they run big) just to be sure that I had the proper sleeve length. The sleeves and shirt length is perfect, but around the midsection (stomach/back) there is a little too much material...BUT that's probably my fault for ordering an XL. I like the sleeve length, so I will probably just have my wife cut 2-3" of material out of the midsection and re-sew it for a perfect fit. Overall the jersey is awesome! The elbow protection is really nice also.

Pros: Made by SpecOps, Light, BREATHES GREAT, Durable, Matches Broadsword, Elbow reinforcement is a great added bonus, Comfortable Neck and Wrist material.

Cons: None really. The extra material around the midsection was my choosing when I picked the larger size, so it's really not a "con"

10 out of 10 from Me

Thank you SpecOps for ANOTHER great product!!
Arch Angels Tactical Paintball Team - Co-Captain

Opsgear Tippmann A5 MP5 PDW w/Egrip, Picatinny Scope/Sight Mount, 1 x 25 Picatinny Red Dot Sight & 3/8" Dovetail Base, Evil Pipe Kit, Ricochet Hopper,Special Ops Broadsword Vest

SpecOps Tippmann X7e G36/X36

Certainty of Death...Small Chance of Success...what are we waiting for!?! LotR III

#2 User is offline   Trock 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trock

Posted 28 April 2006 - 07:13 PM

As an update:

After my first day of play with them, the extreme breatheability (if thats really a word :D ) is awesome.
I did notice that some of the stitching has started to unravel on the left arm.

Also, if you play in a thorny (heavy brush) terrain, you will feel the pain. Although they breathe well, the downside is they provide very minimal protection like standard BUD's. BUT, with that said, I will take a few nicks from a bush any day before I trade them in for the extreme comfort that they provide.

I had two of my friends make comments like, "You playing football/basketball or paintball today?" trying to be funny. Those same two guys came up to me after the second game (we were playing in 85+ degree heat) and asked, "How much were those things again?"

hahaha....you're a fool to play in full BDU's in Florida when the Fusion Ultralites are available.
Arch Angels Tactical Paintball Team - Co-Captain

Opsgear Tippmann A5 MP5 PDW w/Egrip, Picatinny Scope/Sight Mount, 1 x 25 Picatinny Red Dot Sight & 3/8" Dovetail Base, Evil Pipe Kit, Ricochet Hopper,Special Ops Broadsword Vest

SpecOps Tippmann X7e G36/X36

Certainty of Death...Small Chance of Success...what are we waiting for!?! LotR III

#3 User is offline   FLEX2222 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

Nice Job.
Brendan

#4 User is offline   yaners 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:yaners

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

Yes, breathablility is a word (you spelled it wrong...). I was looking into getting maybe the jersey, because my legs don't usually get that sweaty, and I can just get some green pants w/out camo for a cheaper price. Glad you like them though.
IPB Image
My Phantom
VSC CCI Phantom
98c RT w/JJ Edge kit

#5 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:39 AM

Ultralites are awesome. You are going to have to replace the shoelaces in the pants pretty quickly...mine unraveled the first day, but the actual garments are awesome!
Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users