• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Degassing the gun safety

#1 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

Hear are somethings ive seen and ive exspearianced when playing so i think it should be mentioned to those who want to get an on/off for there gun.
AN on/off asa alows you to cut the air from your gun by usualy unscrewing its self from the asa and the alowing the pin on the tank to be in the off position(when pin is depressed it will let off air). You will hear a hiss eventualy of the air that will come out but usualy there is still air in the gun and depending on the total volume inside the gun it can hold even 4 or more shots. The best thing to do is shoot the gun after it is degassed until it cant shoot anymore. Lastly make sure there are no paintballs in the breach since it can mishape and if you decide to shoot it thinking there is nothing in the breach you can cause damage.
Be careful with the on/off though , if you unscrew it out completly and you didnt compleatly degass the gun it can launch its self out(happened 5 times at a field). It might hurt (nobody got hit by it)but could get lost.
As stated below some guns once degased will not shoot anymore.

Thank you maj tom for this quote on the most markers this applys for
"Yes, most unregualted markers once the tank is removed so is the pressure. Regulated markers such as the ION still hold enough air pressure in the space between the reg and firing chamber to fire several shots."

its simple but i see it alot and i shot my self many a time because of this.
gwac

This post has been edited by Gwac: 01 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

#2 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

Good info there. Although, on my mag (don't know if it's the mag or the ASA) as soon as you degas, you can't shoot anymore.
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

#3 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

Sorry man i havent did this with mags so if it doesnt apply sorry, i will add it.

#4 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

Yes, most unregualted markers once the tank is removed so is the pressure. Regulated markers such as the ION still hold enough air pressure in the space between the reg and firing chamber to fire several shots.

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

Good rule of thumb: turn the gun upside down to prevent paint from feeding after degassing it, and pull the trigger repeatedly until the gun no longer shoots.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#6 User is offline   SirDiesALot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SirDiesALot

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

One other important point. It is much better to turn the tank one full turn and then fire off the remaining gas than to allow it to blow through the threads frezzing the o-ring and possibly launching the tank. Doing this also makes it easier to identify a pin valve separation.

#7 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

umm id also like to point out that the clearing of the marker of excess gass needs to be done on the feild and not in the staging area or atleast in a safe direction away from all others like at the chrono range

#8 User is offline   Deaths Gunslinger 

• Hands as chill as cold blue steel
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

Also, remote lines with slidecheck valves are a wonderful invention for non regulated markers. Turn the air off from the tank, then open the SC.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users