Special Ops Paintball: How far do you shoot people from? - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How far do you shoot people from? Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

Poll: Distance of shots (397 member(s) have cast votes)

How far do you usually shoot an opponent from as a sniper?

1. 10 yds (45 votes [11.34%])

Percentage of vote: 11.34%

2. 20 yds (97 votes [24.43%])

Percentage of vote: 24.43%

3. 30 yds (130 votes [32.75%])

Percentage of vote: 32.75%

4. 40 yds (53 votes [13.35%])

Percentage of vote: 13.35%

5. 50 yds (31 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

6. 60 yds (18 votes [4.53%])

Percentage of vote: 4.53%

7. 70 or more (23 votes [5.79%])

Percentage of vote: 5.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

Well it usually depends on whether I feel God is going to let me hit the other player. If I feel like God's on my side I shoot as soon as I see movement. But if it doesn't feel like God's on my side I sit there and pray for him to switch sides quick so I can take the shot. :P

Usually I wait until the most opportune moment or right before the guy sees me.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#32 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Empire BT Rangers - US Team Lead
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tomcat001

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

I normally look for a clear shot between 20' - 150', good for a 12" - 15" grouping. I've spent time laying cover fire at around 200' (got use a lttle arc there) and got some players out - yea you need to fire 20 - 40 or more rounds to cover your target at that range.
Team Lead, EMPIRE BT RANGERS - US Contingent.
Lieutenant

#33 User is offline   M.I.C. 

• #1sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M.I.C.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:10 PM

i usually only shoot one shot one kills at like 40-50 yrds and yet my long shot can peg a good 60+ with my 14" with my flatline i can hit a player across 100 yards with a little arc and like 10 paintballs tops

- :dry: thesilentkilla
IPB Image
IPB Image
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
NO SUCH THING AS A PAINTBALL SNIPER? WHOVEVER TOLD YOU THAT HASN'T ENTERED MY SIGHTS YET...

#34 User is offline   Wes Desto 

• <space for rent>....what..im poor
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wes Desto

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

Give me good large bore paint and 30 yards and i can consistenly get a 1 shot kill
Dont bother much with any thing longer. i just wait out my enemy

btw 1 yard equals 3 feet

so people claiming 70+ yard kills are either very lucky or liars. 70 yards is 210 feet, 100 yard is 300 feet. while 70 yards is feasable, 100 yards is well out of the distance of even Flatlines. To get breaks at that distance you have to shoot hot. Real hot. like 350-370 FPS.

This post has been edited by Wes Desto: 28 November 2006 - 11:39 PM

Heavy Sniper M4-98c
"Bend and Grin Boys. Its PARTY time!"
OSOK Member

Sniper 7

#35 User is offline   M.I.C. 

• #1sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M.I.C.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

View PostWes Desto, on Nov 28 2006, 11:18 PM, said:

Give me good large bore paint and 30 yards and i cant consistenly get a 1 shot kill
Dont bother much with any thing longer. i just wait out my enemy

btw 1 yard equals 3 feet

so people claiming 70+ yard kills are either very lucky or liars. 70 yards is 210 feet, 100 yard is 300 feet. while 70 yards is feasable, 100 yards is well out of the distance of even Flatlines. To get breaks at that distance you have to shoot hot. Real hot. like 350-370 FPS.

well...we had one of those rolly measurees? we measured out 100 yrds and with a good arc on a flatline at like 290 we barely hit the end but like its dooable and like ten shots and i got the target (2ftx2ft) so i mean its doable...just highly unlikely

-:D thesilentkilla
IPB Image
IPB Image
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
NO SUCH THING AS A PAINTBALL SNIPER? WHOVEVER TOLD YOU THAT HASN'T ENTERED MY SIGHTS YET...

#36 User is offline   Wes Desto 

• <space for rent>....what..im poor
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wes Desto

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

right. it then becomes supression fire, leaves the realm of one shot one kill, and in turn is not "sniper" related.

any who thats pretty cool that you got out that far. Brings a new meaning "reach out and touch some one" lmao

This post has been edited by Wes Desto: 28 November 2006 - 11:43 PM

Heavy Sniper M4-98c
"Bend and Grin Boys. Its PARTY time!"
OSOK Member

Sniper 7

#37 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:47 AM

Actually someone, believe it was Ghostinthewood, shot someone from 100 yards before. He had the one guy stand on the end of the tape line and he just stood at the other end banking his shots trying to get him. It took a lot but eventually he hit him, it bounced though but they just wanted to prove you could hit someone from that far.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#38 User is offline   Snipess 

• "Pelvist Thrust"
  • PipPip

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:11 PM

I know my gun and its capabilities and how far it can shoot. I know how well it does in certain wind speeds and weather. Once i see the opertunity to shoot which is usually with 50- yards ill shoot...b/c if there that far away they either wont hear you or see you....that is how good of a sniper you are.
Paintball Team Name-Demented
My Myspace
Famous Quotes That I Believe Are The Best-
"Energy and persistence conquer all things. "-Benjamin Franklin
"America will never run... And we will always be grateful that liberty has found such brave defenders."-George Bush
Invisible Sabre's #1 Leader/Creator

#39 User is offline   Lukeg 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Keeper

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

I shoot people up to about 40 yards.
When I had my Flatline, I nailed someone who was on the other side of a pretty wide creek and I was up a hill a little ways. Other than that, I just let them get as close as I feel comfortable with. If I think they may have spotted me, they get the long walk to the dead box.
"And what of comfort? Comfort is an illusion. A false security bred from familiar ways. It narrows the mind. Weakens the body and robs the soul of spirit and determination. Comfort is neither welcome nor tolerated. It is a luxury we cannot afford. It is a difficult thing to leave behind, but it is the enemy and it will be cast aside."

#40 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:41 AM

I don't see the point in longballing. It's inaccurate, wasteful, and unreliable. Anywhere from 10-50 feet is where I'll let one go, preferably the closer the better
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#41 User is offline   Hardrock 

• Ninja Clown
  • PipPip

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:44 AM

im not sure on exact distance but i have a 98c with a 4x scope on it meant for an airsoft gun lol my gun has some ghettofied parts on it
IPB Image

#42 User is offline   Cleankill47 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cleankill47

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

Out of, say, twenty eliminations, 16 of them will be within 0-20 feet, 3 will be about 30-80 feet, and 1 will be about 90-100 feet.

The shots I take depend on the temperature, humidity, wind, and available angles on the designated targets, but my 98C does pretty much whatever I want it to.

:P

This post has been edited by Cleankill47: 04 December 2006 - 02:33 PM

#43 User is offline   NEKK 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Not affiliated with any Brigade

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

View PostM.I.C., on Nov 29 2006, 12:10 AM, said:

i usually only shoot one shot one kills at like 40-50 yrds and yet my long shot can peg a good 60+ with my 14" with my flatline i can hit a player across 100 yards with a little arc and like 10 paintballs tops

- :laugh: thesilentkilla
You do realize that if you're using a normal non-backspin barrel and shooting at 290fps and sight in your gun for the normal 20 yards, the paintball drops about five feet at 50 yards, and over eight feet at 60? Also with a 10mph cross breeze the ball will drift over 3 feet at 50 yards. Even the flatline at 100 yards will be off by about 7 feet with only a 5mph cross breeze. I'm not saying hits at 40-50 yards aren't possible, but after 40 yards it's a total luck shot. One shot one kill my hindparts.
IPB Image

#44 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:03 AM

I don't long-shot, I get as close as I can without being noticed and then take them out.

Last scenario I was at, before they called go my commander instructed me to flip the flag halfway between the two bases when the refs called game-on. So I went, flipped the flag, and fell back some. Moving up left field was a small squad of the op-for, two groups of two. This was across a small road through that side of the field. Since they were across the road right inside the trees moving towards our base and our base's flag I couldn't get any closer than my side of the road. But they were taking cover from potential fire from the direction of our base. I peaked out from behind my tree and at about 40ft let three balls fly at the closest of them. He called out and his partner looked in my direction and started shooting, though wildly, so I put three more balls in his direction. As they walked off the field they both congratulated me on a nice shot.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#45 User is offline   bob the warrior 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:bob the warrior

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

shot a guy about 30 yds away . when i was at my home field Flag raiders ;)
be stealthy... use action ghillie

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users