• You cannot reply to this topic

"Elemental" battle armor scenario costume Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

This is something I put together for my last scenario game - TAWs "Mech Wars- Iron Skies" game...
This game allowed "Elementals" i.e. powered battle armor. Players wearing powered armor could not be eliminated with paintballs - only rockets, demo charges or nerf swords could take them out. On the other hand, "elementals" were limited as to what they cold be armed with - most carried a launcher and a nerf sword, a few had a pistol only. Each team only had a few of these so it was not a cause of imbalance on the field...plus there were tanks and Mechs (walking pug tanks) playing as well, and PLENTY of players with LAW rockets....

As one of the Generals, I wanted an armored suit suit so I could wave a flag & lead a few charges without getting eliminated in the first 5 seconds. So, with some cardboard boxes pilfered from my office recycle bin, some duct tape and a little spray paint...taa daaaa! Command class Powered Assault Armor!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

Awesome. I always loved using the Elementals online against people. Sure you'd die 90% of the time, cause EVERYONE focuses on shooting you cause you are so easy to kill> But anytime you took someone down with one. LMAO they'd cry a river of, ":OH NO I DID NOT JUST DIE BY THAT LITTLE PIECE OF ****!! WTF!!!!" Loved it.

Good setup. Sounds like it was a fun game

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

wow, this brings out the nerd in me. Clan Elemental Armor from mechwarrior brings back memories. In the games, they were not very formidable, but in the books the rocked. Didn't ComStar and the Draconis Combine have similar armor?
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#4 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

View PostEagle Eye, on 27 June 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:

wow, this brings out the nerd in me. Clan Elemental Armor from mechwarrior brings back memories. In the games, they were not very formidable, but in the books the rocked. Didn't ComStar and the Draconis Combine have similar armor?

Used in the right terrain there was nothing weak about Elementals at all. Dense woods or urban settings you'd be hip deep in them and there wasn't much you could do. Heck some of my games I took out players with fleshy troops, though I will say my losses were staggering at the least. By the later rule books even the Periphery states had battle armor to answer your question.

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#5 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Rule Books? Oh, for the table top version? The hero-clix version or the older pewter models? The "games" i was referring to was the computer versions.

AS for Elementals themselves, terrain is definitely to their advantage. Catch them out in the open and they are toast. Mechs don't rely as much on terrain, the bigger the mech the less they relied on terrain and more on straight armor. An Atlas has trouble hiding behind anything short of a tall building, lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users