Special Ops Paintball: Newer to Speedball/Dagger, and I need help. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newer to Speedball/Dagger, and I need help. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Last Man 

• Pumper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PUMPAH

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

It's speedball, and since dagger is a very speedball-like position I think it belongs here. I wouldn't be surprised if many of you played speedball too. If this belongs in a different section, please move (though this is a woodsball forum :rolleyes: ). So my problem now many of the people I know are switching to tourney's in speedball and they are forming a team. I don't have too much experience playing speedball/ dagger, but I think that I could easily convert because I personally believe that there are many cases where speedball and woodsball are not so different. The woodsball field I play at is more speedball like then truly woodsball. My friends think otherwise.

So I really need to find a way give them the idea that I am a reliable person on the speedball court or I'm cut.

I'm not going to be facing the Dynasty or anything this weekend, however what I need to do is present the correct "image". So I've been trying my best to convert my abilities to the speedball court. I bought suitable gear (spyder pilot, evo II, and a N2 tank, I orginally had a phantom, they are unfortunately pump haters) and I've been scouring the Tip Clips on Tygers website for tips on speedball. I've even looked at the Wikipedia articles :laugh: . However I feel that I'm not entirely up to snuff. Any tips for a new convert? Drills I could do, tactics (single person, 3 man and 5 man especially), anything would be excellant.

BTW if any of you guys know a decent speedball forum that gives tips like they do here, I would be greatly in your debt.
Official Pump Owner 79
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.

#2 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

Just be confident in every move you make. Don't second guess yourself or your teammates. Some drills that help, ANY break out drills with a full team are good. Practice laning if your going gun up off break, or practice getting through the lanes coming at you if your the unfortunate one running through them to snake (sounds like a dagger to me). Also snap shooting, run and gun, and all around field awareness. Dont get tunnel vision, you may end up getting bunkered.
Boss Paintball

#3 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...p;#entry1901442

This is the forum speedball thread, so you can ask a lot of questions there too.

You really need to work on gun fighting skills ie. snapshooting, switching hands, accuracy, etc. That's generally what can make a good player. Last tourney i was at a player held off 5 players for the whole game because he could gun fight.

There's also a lot of other things to know. I haven't even brush the surface.

#4 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:54 AM

I would go so far as to say its completly diffrent. The skills from speedball are transferable, but playing dagger is nothing like playing a game of speedball.

A big thing I see people getting shot over is not commiting to your move. If your gonna move to a new bunker, don't slow down in the middle of the move and be like "oh crap maybe I shouldn't have done that'. Because chances are you'll make it unless someone was laning you.

This post has been edited by SilentMarksman: 28 February 2008 - 04:57 AM

:)

#5 User is offline   The Last Man 

• Pumper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PUMPAH

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Silentmarksman, I choose here because dagger forum is very similar to say a frontman in the game of speedball. And I'm not stupid enough not to know that, stopping midway in any scenario is the a fast way to the dead box. So from what I am getting I need to work on 1. Snapshooting 2.Gun Familarity (with both hands) 3. Positioning 4. Communication, and 5. Field Awareness, anything else?
Official Pump Owner 79
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.

#6 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

Aside from all the previous suggestions (which are all good) the only thing I can add based on my own experience in going from the woods to the arena is: Love the Snake. I dont know why, but woods players seem to do best on this kind of bunker - maybe because its like a great big log or fallen tree that we can identify with. Stay low, get in the Snake & go from there...
Silentmarksmans' comment about commiting to your move is right on the mark - there is no time or room to pull back & no way to hide, so once you move you need to move fast & furious. Dont change your mind in mid run, as even the slightest hesitation will get you shot.

#7 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Also, being able to run and shoot will save your butt plently of times.

The WDR drills by tyger are completely nuts, but they sure as hell work. Hang a soda bottle from a tree, and strafe back and forth shooting it.
:)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users