• You cannot reply to this topic

What should I do? I think my tank is busted! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TinaToya96 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TinaToya96

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

So, today I filled my 9 oz co2 tank. Then when I came home I wanted to practice. But, when I put it in my marker, it didn't work. I checked for leaks or anything suspicious. Nothing. So please some helpolease.

update********
I have a 98 custom, my marker is fine, because I tried my 20 oz and everything worked. My dad also push the pin on the 9 oz, and nothing happened. Also, is it normal for frost to be on the tank when being filled. The tank was filled at Sports Authority. And there was slight change of weight after and before filling. But, only slight.

This post has been edited by TinaToya96: 02 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:48 PM

Wait, first whats your marker, second:
You fill your tank, screw it in and it doesnt air up. no leaks.
Well if air isnt coming from the tank into the marker, yes by logic something is wrong with the tank.

OR, the spot where you screw in the tank, does it have a solid "pin"
to get the air out of the tank the middle pin must be pushed down on the actual tank reg.

So if the pin on your tanks reg ( where the threads are ) doesnt push in, air wont come out.
another possiblity is the ASA ( Air source Adaptor, where you screw the tank in) isnt pushing the pin.

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

Depending on the marker it may need to be cocked BEFORE adding the CO2.

Check the the tanks pin to see it it looks bent, and check the ASA to see if the depression pin is damaged there.

IF that all checks out, it's time to try something that requires a lot of CAUTION. Grab a mitten or glove, a screw driver and go out side with the tank. Hold the tank away from your body with the nipple pointing away from you. Use the screw driver to GENTLY and CAREFULLY depress the tank pin. Once you see a cloud of  CO2 escape, STOP!

The reason for the glove and screwdriver are because expanding CO2 gets very cold and can cause frostbite. Should the pin be damaged there is a chance it won't reseal when you remove the screwdriver, the glove will help protect your hand. If it doesn't reseal, put the tank on the ground, quickly and without dropping it. Let it finish venting and warm up before picking it up again.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:20 PM

I'll ask it:

Who filled your tank? Did you notice a change in the weight from when it was empty to when it was full?

I'm hoping you didn't simply get ripped off.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

Frost is all good, it means your tank is cold.
Cold means Co2 is inside your tank.

#6 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion you just forgot to cock the marker.

A lot of things can go wrong with CO2, but nothing happening at all is not common.

If nothing is coming out, either the burst disk on the tank blew when you weren't there, or the pin isn't being depressed when you put it in the marker. CO2 can't just escape soundlessly.
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#7 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

Frost is normal. A slight change in weight for a 9 oz sounds right. After all, it is less than a 1 lb change. In fact, just over 1/2 pound. CO2 fills are measured by weight. So, as Mike said, it sounds like a valve on your tank isn't connecting properly somehow. Did you try Puz'z screwdriver test?
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#8 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

if your dad pushed in the pin and there was no hissing, then one of two things have happened, your tank is empty or he did not push in the pin hard enough or correctly. if you are close to a pro shop or field that has co2 fill service, then take it to them and have them test the nipple pin. if you take your 98 with you, then after they fill it, you can test it right there, provided the tank will hold the fill. if the burst dirsk has burst, then theyu should have the wherewithall to repair the tank/replace the disk, and let you go on your way.

if you are not close to a field or pro shop, then you could have your dad try the pin again, verifying that the pin gets depressed somewhat. i sorta disagree with the post that suggests just lying the tank down if it does not stop discharging. i have seen tanks under pressure take off like a missile along the ground, i have also seen videos of the same thing. so maybe just hold onto it until it is no longer hissing.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users