• You cannot reply to this topic

Noobs and Ghillie Look, it makes me invisible! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dusty Dee 

• aka DIRT
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DustyDee

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

What is it about a ghillie suit that makes a noob think he's invisible? Is it the extra heat generated by all that jute thread? Is it all the sniper movies?

This past weekend I was at a paintball game where there were a couple young guys in ghillie suits. The ghillies were in dark woodland colors, but the place that we were playing at was more tans and browns. These guys stood out like a Bob Long in a group of 98C rentals. They both seemed to think that they were invisible! They would sit in one spot thinking that no one would see them. They wouldn't try to hide behind cover, or find areas of similar color to their ghillies. They would sit in an open spot and not move. Most guys would just laugh and shoot them in the head. Oh and the other funny thing is that they didn't have the ghillie over their heads; they had the standard black masks on.

Anyone else ever run into noobs in ghillies that thought that no one could see them? If they are on your team, what can you say to them to help them learn? :ninja: :huh:
Dirt
That's pronounced Dirte

98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14" barrel
collapsible stock

#2 User is offline   A-MAD07 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-MAD07

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

At a recent scenario in the insertion line I saw a guy walk past us who had a gillie completely covered in yellow paint I mentioned to the ref how dumb gillies were and he said he had some "bushes" back there that they would hide in and not be seen. I think some people value looks more then performance and I think there's some newbies out there who are intimidated by looks rather then skill (my friends).

This post has been edited by A-MAD07: 01 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

This is my sig... Awsome!

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

View PostA-MAD07, on Jun 1 2009, 08:28 PM, said:

At a recent scenario in the insertion line I saw a guy walk past us who had a gillie completely covered in yellow paint I mentioned to the ref how dumb gillies were and he said he had some "bushes" back there that they would hide in and not be seen. I think some people value looks more then performance and I think there's some newbies out there who are intimidated by looks rather then skill (my friends).

Why are ghillies dumb?

#4 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

It's basically the same thing as the difference between real snipers and "snipers". there are those people who think they are "snipers". They are the one's who sit there and camp with their 30" barrels and super infinity zoom scopes. These are not real snipers. these are the people you are describing, those who use their ghillie improperly. They think that just having the ghillie is what makes thme invisible, they don't realize that you neeed to have skill in implementing these sniper tools. Noobs with ghillie amounts to people passing out from heat exhaustion and walking bushes covered in pink and yellow paint.
real snipers in ghillie comes out to everyone walking off the field, wonderin how a bush shot them. It all has to do with the skill level of the implementer.

#5 User is offline   wieczorek24 

• Don't go into the long grass!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chavez

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

I hate it when I see those kinds of people, they bring down the reputation of the people who actually use them effectively. If you use it right then yes you are invisible. If you suck at it, then yeah youll be a bush covered in paint. Some of these kids out there these days just don't understand the other half of most things....

This post has been edited by wieczorek24: 07 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

<div align="center">
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=142281&hl=lethal" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Feedback +4/-0<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a></div>

#6 User is offline   Sniper55 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sniper55

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

Why is everyone bashing ghillies+noobs? Come on. Sometimes when i read these forums it seems you take it way to seriously sometimes. So what if some inexperianced kid in a ghillie suit gets lit up because he had no idea what he was doing. Knowledge and skill don't come overnight. Who cares whether some noob is wearing a ghillie suit/orangejumpsuit/cape/clown mask and using a tippmann with a 30" barrel and a scope. As long as they have a great time making a fool out of themselves than they will have achieved more than the guy who gets 30 kills a day but who never tries anything new just for the sake of it. I personally would much rather see a varied assortment of people wearing whatever the heck they want to wear and using whatever the heck they want than see everyone walking around like a bunch of nervous clones afraid to stray away from the beaten path because of ridicule they may face because they wanted to make their gun look more milslim or whatever.

This post has been edited by Sniper55: 13 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

#7 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:26 AM

^ I agree with sniper55 here. No need to bash on these "noobs-ghillies" Just remember. You all were that noob at one point in your paintball life. Don't bash em. Why not find them out in the staging area and give them some tips. Everyone was a noob at one point or another.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#8 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

View PostUrban Ninja, on Jun 1 2009, 08:37 PM, said:

It's basically the same thing as the difference between real snipers and "snipers". there are those people who think they are "snipers". They are the one's who sit there and camp with their 30" barrels and super infinity zoom scopes. These are not real snipers. these are the people you are describing, those who use their ghillie improperly. They think that just having the ghillie is what makes thme invisible, they don't realize that you neeed to have skill in implementing these sniper tools. Noobs with ghillie amounts to people passing out from heat exhaustion and walking bushes covered in pink and yellow paint.
real snipers in ghillie comes out to everyone walking off the field, wonderin how a bush shot them. It all has to do with the skill level of the implementer.

Very true. I've done a lot with a set of cammies. Some things I can do are just freaky. I play with a guy who is Army NG and as he put it "You make me nervous, you come out of nowhere."

When you're good, people get very nervous because they don't know where you are and they don't like it.

I've done a lot of learning, testing, reading and talking to actual snipers to get to this point. It's to the point that I rarely deploy the use of my ghillie. But it's there if I need it.

View Postwieczorek24, on Jun 7 2009, 09:11 PM, said:

I hate it when I see those kinds of people, they bring down the reputation of the people who actually use them effectively. If you use it right then yes you are invisible. If you suck at it, then yeah youll be a bush covered in paint. Some of these kids out there these days just don't understand the other half of most things....

Yeah that's the thing. You have to use it right. You can't just run out there in it and expect it to work.

I'm thinking of selling mine and making a new one actually. It's got military paracord in it to hold in the veggies if anybody might be interested. It won't be cheap though. I put some money into this one. She's made out of jute and fishnet.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#9 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

Sniper 55 is right guys. dont take it to seriously. we were all noobs at one point in time, and im sure some (not ALL) of us thought that if we had a Ghillie and a 30 inche barrel and a scope that you can see some one in california with that you were a sniper. we all got educated about that is not what a sniper is. instead of hating on em just gently explain to them y wearing a ghillie doesnt automaticaly make you invisible. if they blow off what you say, just give em a wave in game then lite em in there ghillie and give em an "i told you so" look
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#10 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

View PostSFC. Connell, on Jun 14 2009, 02:26 AM, said:

^ I agree with sniper55 here. No need to bash on these "noobs-ghillies" Just remember. You all were that noob at one point in your paintball life. Don't bash em. Why not find them out in the staging area and give them some tips. Everyone was a noob at one point or another.

No one listens when you give advice. Just let them rearrange and reconfigure their gearkit on their own. People learn better that way. Granted, that learning period may include trips to the ER for heat exhaustion....
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#11 User is offline   Eggmoe 

• They call me "Runs With No Pants"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Eggmoe

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

I was at a scenario game at my local field and there were three friends with matching ghillie suits. They can blend in with anything if you know how to use em.
They would set up in some bushes or plants and take branches or leaves and put them over themselves to make it look natural. They were seriously invisible. You just have to know how to use them. We set up this awesome ambush. I ran forward, made a few shots, ran back, and made it look like we were retreating.
I heard the enemy yelling "YEAH! Run away noobs!" quickly followed by 7 quick shots from the bushes.

#12 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

that sounds oddly familiar to a story my cousin told me...
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#13 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:45 PM

those guys just need to learn feiled craft and learn the terain they played in and then they'd be able to utalize their guillie suits better.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#14 User is offline   ddubb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ddubb

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

if they are used properly, they can really hide you from plain view. I've watched guys walk into a deep thick brush and then loose them in a blink of an eye, but at the same time if they aren't using the suit properly it can make you stand out as if they were wearing bright yellow! Not for me but all good if it works for the person using it

#15 User is offline   Dusty Dee 

• aka DIRT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DustyDee

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

@Sniper55

I started this thread with the hope that some noob in his off colored ghillie suit would read this and realize that he's not invisible. It's not my intention to bash on the noobs. If anything, I want them to read this and learn so that next time they are on my team, they are a little more effective on the field.
Dirt
That's pronounced Dirte

98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14" barrel
collapsible stock

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users