Special Ops Paintball: Paintball Barrage leads to arrest - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball Barrage leads to arrest are u kidding me taken from my local paper Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Kavemann 

• Heroes get remembered, But Legends never Die.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kavemann

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Apr 11 2008, 06:44 PM, said:

Wow, its been almost a Year since someone posted a crime involving Paintball in the SO Forum.

Yes But Iam sure It prob. wont be the last unfortunatly. :happy:
-----------
NO MESS WITH KAVEMANN!

THRILL BILLY #1

#17 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

View PostCavemann92, on Apr 11 2008, 05:49 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Apr 11 2008, 06:44 PM, said:

Wow, its been almost a Year since someone posted a crime involving Paintball in the SO Forum.

Yes But Iam sure It prob. wont be the last unfortunatly. :happy:

And the reason why such Crimes hasnt been posted in the Forum for long is because, its all Too Common and the End Result is usually the same, except when a Death is involved....like the one I posted in the Opsgear Forum back in 2005, when a Pro Shop somewhere in Central California was being Robbed at Gun Point and to make that story very short....the Robber was chased down by the Local PD, perp stopped somwhere....shots were exchanged that lead to the death of the Robber.

#18 User is offline   black hawk down 

• Group: Banned #17
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN SNIPER YAY

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

wow, this is not funny... people need to grow the BOINK up. this stuff makes me sick.

Group: Banned #17

#19 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

I hope they throw the book at those two, and not at the rest of us.

What Dorks.
Who flung poo?

#20 User is offline   Ritsuka 

• One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:D-Becks

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

View PostGilla, on Apr 11 2008, 09:35 PM, said:

I hope they throw the book at those two, and not at the rest of us.

What Dorks.

"We got 20 calls last night, so that means 20,000,000 people found this content offensive."-FFC from Family Guy
same thing applies to paintball

"We got 2 people that cased a crime, so that means 20,000 paintballers commited a crime."
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad like the most of us are, very hard to explain why your mad, even if your not mad."

#21 User is offline   SWAT SAINT 

• SAINT of SWAT
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SWAT SAINT

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

View PostCavemann92, on Apr 11 2008, 02:04 PM, said:

View PostThalion, on Apr 11 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 11 2008, 01:40 PM, said:

Here in Canada if you commit ANY crime using a paintball marker, guess what? Your marker gets bumped up to a firearm and you are charged with a felony, regardless of your age.

I'm pretty sure that this is also the case in the United States.

If I am not mistaken you are right.

You are correct a paintball marker is veiwed as a weapon and the crime is treaeted as such i beleive that ever other state has this law I know Minnesota does. A few years back a young man killed his father and fired on police in Minneapolis with a Tippmann 98 filled with .68 marbels. If my memoery serves me the boy was arrested with out force and was charged as an adult which in Minnesota is a life sentance with no chance of release.

This post has been edited by Sgt Booth: 11 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

#22 User is offline   Seizureman 

• Designated Idiot
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seizureman

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

I REALLY hope that "are you kidding me" is aimed at the stupid kids, not them being charged....

About a month ago, some kid on my bus was talking about how he was going to bring his marker to some fight and shoot the guy who was going to fight him :evil: Tards... all of them

Cant have a Shameless Quote if they won't tell me what it is...
401 BP

#23 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

I thought assaulting a police officer was life? Or is that injuring one?

Either way, thesepoop shooters should be oocked up for a long butt time.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#24 User is offline   SWAT SAINT 

• SAINT of SWAT
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SWAT SAINT

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

View PostBobbjoe, on Apr 12 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

I thought assaulting a police officer was life? Or is that injuring one?

Either way, thesepoop shooters should be oocked up for a long butt time.

No murdering a police officer is always life/death. Some time attempted murder is life. Assaulting a police officer is a 1st degree assault a felony which can get up to 25 year or more. The amount of damage to the officer can lead to either an assault or an attempted murder or even both.
John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

#25 User is offline   Deuceds02 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Mr. Deuce

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 11 2008, 04:40 PM, said:

What do you think they re kidding about? You think they shouldn't be arrested for stealing a car or for assaulting an officer? You think that this kind of thing should be laughed off as a joke? If that's the case, I'm going to suggest you leave this forum now.

Here in Canada if you commit ANY crime using a paintball marker, guess what? Your marker gets bumped up to a firearm and you are charged with a felony, regardless of your age.

1st of all the are u kidding was directed at the 2 guys actions. Nothing in my post was funny or a laughing matter. I would think that every member of this forum would think that the actions of these 2 individuals was horrendous to say the least. Who are you to try to suggest that anyone leave a forum based on their personal opinion, regardless how ridiculous it may or may not be. Here in America we have freedom of speech. I've been playing paintball since 1995, I have taught my children, and numerous other to play the game, always safely. Puz i usually agree w/ most of your post, and take your opinion w/ high regard but you are way off base here. Don't let a post count dictate the age, or maturity level of a percieved poster.

#26 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

View PostDeuceds02, on Apr 15 2008, 08:03 AM, said:

Who are you to try to suggest that anyone leave a forum based on their personal opinion, regardless how ridiculous it may or may not be. Here in America we have freedom of speech. I've been playing paintball since 1995, I have taught my children, and numerous other to play the game, always safely. Puz i usually agree w/ most of your post, and take your opinion w/ high regard but you are way off base here. Don't let a post count dictate the age, or maturity level of a percieved poster.

1. Puz's response was that the way you had written it, it almost seemed like "this happened and this is what they got for it.. are you kidding me?" In effect, perception of what the original post seemed to convey led to this response

2. Freedom of speech does not exist in these forums, as this is not the United States. Now, there is quite a bit of freedom here, but there are limits specified in the forum rules.

3. Good to see that you're teaching responsibility to kids.

4. The age was guessed more off the way the post was written, less off the post count.
Member of Team Akkadian

#27 User is offline   Deuceds02 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

Thalion, I thought i was speaking to Puz, but since u want to add your 2 cents.

1. The way it was written it was the story was copied directly from connpost.com, WTH are you talking about? Your perception of the original post was 100% inaccurate. The are your kidding me comment was my first reaction after reading this in the paper. Dare i ask what were your 1st reaction, pretty much the same i bet. I doubt if you are a true paintballer that you would not offended by this type of behavior.

2. what is it that you are so offended about in the post? since i don't have freedom of speech here. that is ridiculous. stop freaking nit picking u r really destroying the purpose of this story.

This post has been edited by Deuceds02: 15 April 2008 - 08:37 AM

#28 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

I would agree that nothing in that post is a laughing matter. However if you read it again, as though you didn't write it, there is no frame of reference for the "are you kidding" and can easily be interpreted as "I can't believe these guys are in trouble for a joke."

We have had the odd members in the past who happily proclaim that drive-bys, shooting marbles or just general vandalism with paintball gear is not only fun but should be more than acceptable behavior. When the flaws of their thinking were pointed out, well, let's just say it didn't go well for them and not just with me.

The members age and number of posts rarely have an influence on how a persons post is perceived, at least with me. Bad behavior is simply bad behavior. The internet doesn't exactly allow for verbal inflection to add weight to your wording. Having a filter dodge in the post didn't help.

Everyone on this forum likes to have fun and loves paintball. None of us want it to be used in such an asinine manner and we certainly do not want members who promote such behavior here.

I do thank you for clarifying your position.

Freedom of speech? Too many people try to use it as a shield yet they refuse to accept the fact that what they say can and will have consequences. Just as if I were to go into your home and make lewd comments/suggestion about your wife/children you'd ask me to leave. I have freedom of speech but does that mean I don't have to abide by your house rules?
The same thing applies here. We have things that are and are not acceptable. If you continue to do/promote the unacceptable you'll be removed and not allowed back, oddly, just like in your own home.

Again I say, without malice, to anyone and everyone on this forum: You don't like that, you know where the door is.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#29 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

One of the issues with forums is the inability to "Hear" or "Get" sarcasm in the same way you would in an in person conversation. Another thing that happens (especially with veteran forum members (i.e. moderators) is they tend to get jaded and drop to the “least common denominator” when viewing some posts. There are a good many immature posters/people on this forum and the first thought is to jump to that conclusion.

Puz, you should have left it at “What do you think they re kidding about? “ and given him a chance to clarify before venting on him. That would have saved a lot of grief on both parts and is the “Moderation” a moderator should show when doing their job. I know you and I have had a couple of comments between us for some of my impulsive remarks which caused me a warn. I have no issue with you doing your job when warranted, as was the case on those matters. That’s why I’m not a mod; I can be impulsive and outspoken at times, which comes off as angry on forums. (Those who know me know I am far from the angry type: more the dry and sarcastic type) I know from our PM's your a better man than your snap response would imply in this case.

Thalion, your right, what most people don’t understand is that this forum, like all forums, is a “Benevolent Dictatorship” where the forum creator decides what the rules of conduct and speach are to be and “Freedom of Speech” exists under those terms only. The Mods are the enforcers of the creators “terms of use”. The United States Constitution says we have the right to speak freely, it does not say that you have the right to be heard or that someone (i.e. a forum owner/operator) must let you use their forum to express your right.

As to the actual point of the post, I hope they do 20-life! (No sarcasm in that what so ever)

(Note: Puz posted while I was writing so...well...yea)

This post has been edited by Traakon: 15 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#30 User is offline   Deuceds02 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

I gotta ask this cuz it really makes the point, when u 1st read this story what was your initial reaction... I'll bet it was along the same lines "as are u kidding" any logical person knows jumping out the trunk of a car shooting something at a cop is the dumbest thing you can do. i guess common sense was the reference, but as they say common sense ain't common.

i was wondering about this filter as well since on the original post i didn't swear or try to dodge the filter what was filtered was "effing" w/ no e

This post has been edited by Deuceds02: 15 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users