A-6 Sight Feeder Truly a Monster Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sgt CJ 

• Broadsword MSgt
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Rahvin

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

Well, since no one else has done one yet, here goes:

My quest started with a simple question. Is there a way to strap a whole case of paint onto the top of my A-5? Of course the answer to that is an emphatic no. But, using a fun and reliable new(kind of) product by APP, you can now increase the size of your hopper by 130. Yes, that's right, the Monster feeder holds an astounding 330 rounds!!
My first impression of the feeder is that it is a lot fatter that the stock, but that's to be expected. It seems to be a nicely constructed unit, very sturdy, with the exception of one small area. The nodule that locks into the cyclone lip tends to "slice" itself off after attaching and detaching a few times. The simple fix to this was to take a single strip of electrical tape and run it around the base of the hopper, creating a very snug fit, with no movement whatsoever. Also, the hopper rises just slightly more than stock, yet once again this is trivial in the name of capacity. This should be every broadswords first upgrade. BTW I picked this item up at the SpecOps store in N. Salt lake for about $14.99. I urge everyone who deigns to carry more paint to the field to buy one of these now!! Feel free to post questions, comments, or even your own $.02 about your own experience with this product.

Sgt. CJ

#2 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:51 AM

Now here's the question I think a lot of people have: why is it called a sight feeder? Is it designed with a flat side so it won't block your sight view? Or is it just an odd name for a rather large capacity hopper?

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#3 User is offline   jmac 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jmac

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:12 AM

PhoenixWolf, on Nov 24 2005, 05:51 AM, said:

Now here's the question I think a lot of people have: why is it called a sight feeder? Is it designed with a flat side so it won't block your sight view? Or is it just an odd name for a rather large capacity hopper?

I would like to know the same thing...
user posted image

#4 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:01 PM

I used to wonder that but after looking at the pics I settled with ur first guess. Nobody likes trying to look through a hopper. . . B)

#5 Guest_Fong See Dong_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

From what I hear this thing is pretty much a waste of money, here's why:

It adds a bunch of extra weight to your gun as well as (lol, duh) being a lot larger, basically the general consensus of most ppl is that if you have pods on a belt or vest somewhere, use them.

#6 User is offline   Heavy Rifleman 

• Captian Rank-Master Broadsword
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavy Rifleman 13

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:33 PM

I have one on my christmas list. :D
A.T.V. (Assault Team Vector) Broadsword/Commander
puzuma make me a sig!!! please (i used to be macewinduo)

#7 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:49 AM

Fong See Dong, on Nov 28 2005, 07:28 PM, said:

From what I hear this thing is pretty much a waste of money, here's why:

It adds a bunch of extra weight to your gun as well as (lol, duh) being a lot larger, basically the general consensus of most ppl is that if you have pods on a belt or vest somewhere, use them.

The general consensus is also that they break fairly easily compared to other A-5 hoppers. It's not like it's going to snap under its own weight, but if you drop the gun there's a decent chance of it breaking.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#8 User is offline   Cabooser 

• Bringer of Stupidlessness
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CABOOSER

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:13 PM

It's called a sight feeder because it is raised a little higher up so its easier to put on red dots, scopes, etc.

#9 User is offline   Sgt CJ 

• Broadsword MSgt
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Rahvin

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:41 AM

Guys,

Believe me, I've fallen flat on my face with this thing and even dropped it a few times. It is sturdy. Not quite as much as the stock hopper, but the stock hopper doesn't give me 350 paintballs on gun, either. Yes, it is big, and yes, it adds like 5 ounces to your overall gun weight. Wow. If you have trouble with the weight get a sling. I'm a broadsword, so I go through a lot of paint. Overall, if you want more paint capacity above anything else, this should be your first upgrade.

#10 User is offline   Paintballer-001 

• FO SHO? or... NOT!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

well my freind just got one and the first time he played with it he always got tagged on the hopper or so it seemed. man was he pissed
IPB Image

#11 User is offline   GOVERNMENT_SABRE 

• BYAAAH!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LOCK N LOAD 02

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:27 PM

yeah, from all the SpecOps reviews they stated that it was very breakble. Maybe they are just rough on their toys cause they know they can just grab another one out of their warehouse. (Wish I could do that) Anyways, I don;t know if I would like having that BIG @$$ target on my gun. But I don't lay down THAT much cover.

#12 User is offline   HammerSword 

• DiLLiGaF
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HammerSword

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:06 PM

This hopper is designed for the people who need the paint and don't mind the extra weight. If you are going to whine and complain about a few ounces, then don't get this hopper. If you want to put down some paint and continue to do so while the other guy is reloading, then this is the hopper for you. I have witnessed a teammate roll(and I me roll) head over heels down a hill in full gear, and his glassess, mask, tac light, and radio headset all broke but his hopper didn't(A-6). It is a little bit weaker than the stock hopper, but if you want the extra paint capacity, beggers can't be choosers

#13 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 19 December 2005 - 02:49 PM

the idea is for heavy gunners

like Srgt CJ

hes a broadsword...he needs ammo

if yer a dagger you dont need a 330 rnd hopper

you need light

but if yer a broadsword...sumtimes you need to reload in a firefight with the stock hopper

the xtra 130 rounds give you that extra ammo you need to keep fighting w/o reloading as much

and 5 oz...big whoop do some curls for a week for the xtra strength lol

thats not even 1 lb

real rifles are way heavier than guns

and soldiers use em to fight with...a meer 5 oz isnt gunna kill you

WOOT 100 posts B)

~AleX~
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#14 User is offline   geezer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:geezer

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

Just for those of you who don't know the reason it is called a sight feeder is because APP makes it. All of their feeders are called sight feeders. :angry:
Sig removed due to rules Violation. Please review the sig rules located HERE

Maximum of 6 lines of text, including blanks
Maximum of 2 lines of text, including blanks with image

#15 User is offline   glnsize 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:glnsize

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

I only use this hopper for hopper ball... When you don't have pods! that extra 150 rounds comes in VERY handy when the whole field starts running out I still have a good pod left. As for its durability.... It was only $15!!!! I personally only have one complaint; the lid isn't spring loaded, but since i don't use it in a game where i would be reloading not a big deal. Also the hopper sits about 3/4" higher then the standard A-5 hopper so even though it is twice as wide you can still get in behind the iron sights.

Pros
330+ FLIPPIN ROUNDS!!!!!!!!!

Cons
Kinda cheesy construction

my $.02

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users