Special Ops Paintball: pcs us 5 vs tippmann a5 - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pcs us 5 vs tippmann a5 copy Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wolfteam 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 09-March 10

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

well a pcs us 5 looks just like a tippmann a5 but cheaper .
tippmann a5 is realy good and wat i want to know is wich one is better and do they even compete with each other? :P
0

#2 User is offline   ger 

  • Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,676
  • Joined: 31-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western PA

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to the forums! Hope you have a great time here.

The A-5 has the Cyclone feeder, US 5 doesn't. Operationally they are both the same blowback design. While I'm not sure about the amount of aftermarket "upgrades" for the us 5, the A-5 has more than you'd know what to do with. If you didn't care about the cyclone system, maybe a better option right now in terms of price is the new Tippmann Carver One.

This post has been edited by ger: 13 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.
0

#3 User is offline   Animal Mother 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,428
  • Joined: 24-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toms River, NJ
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

I'd go with the Tippmann for sure. That's just me though.
0

#4 User is offline   Tommikka 

  • Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 811
  • Joined: 28-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Salisbury, UK
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

I have 2 US5s bought at a great discount.

They can be considered an A5 without a cyclone, they accept A5 stocks, but Spyder threaded barrels.

We have fitted OpsGear A5 G36 & Barret bodykits, but the needed some modification to trim to fit.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...t=#entry2447503

Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   stinkfingr 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 683
  • Joined: 10-June 08
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

those two items that you mentioned were always the two biggest drawbacks to the a5, imo ... the cyclone feeder and the speciality threaded barrels .... that alone would be enough to get me interested in that ... the cyclone feeder on the a5 is a bigger air pig than the gun is, and having to get those special threaded barrels that will go with nothing else was a waste ... are the us5's a plastic body or aluminum, cast ?
0

#6 User is offline   Tommikka 

  • Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 811
  • Joined: 28-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Salisbury, UK
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:50 AM

View Postklaatu, on Mar 14 2010, 08:41 AM, said:

plastic body or aluminum, cast ?

Cast body
0

#7 User is offline   ger 

  • Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,676
  • Joined: 31-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western PA

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

View Postklaatu, on Mar 14 2010, 04:41 AM, said:

those two items that you mentioned were always the two biggest drawbacks to the a5, imo ... the cyclone feeder and the speciality threaded barrels .... that alone would be enough to get me interested in that ... the cyclone feeder on the a5 is a bigger air pig than the gun is, and having to get those special threaded barrels that will go with nothing else was a waste...

Drawbacks to one person may be advantages to another.

The cyclone does not require more air in addition to the air used to fire the marker, it uses the exhaust air from the firing of the marker. That's a common misconception. It does require a slightly higher pressure to operate, meaning it will stop feeding prior to the marker stopping firing. In my experiance that's been about 15-20 shots that I've had to manually feed the cyclone w/ the plunger. This hasn't happened to me often because I rarely run that low on air. But in my opinion the cyclone is a great feature.

As far as the "specialty" barrels... for the most part, the only barrel threading that truly works on multiple marker brands is cocker. Spyder threads do work on multiple markers, but mostly spyder knock-off markers. A-5 threaded barrels also work on multiple markers though - the X7, Phenom & BT models, granted they all are in the same Tippy family or "knock-offs" as well. In addition, you can replace the A-5's barrel adapter w/ a new one to accept cocker threads or even spyder threads. So if you have an Autococker, a DM6, a TM-7 & an A-5 - you can just add the barrel adapter to the A-5 & use the same barrel on all four markers if you wanted.

This post has been edited by ger: 14 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.
0

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

  • The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,296
  • Joined: 23-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Albert, AB
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

View Postger, on Mar 14 2010, 12:01 PM, said:

View Postklaatu, on Mar 14 2010, 04:41 AM, said:

those two items that you mentioned were always the two biggest drawbacks to the a5, imo ... the cyclone feeder and the speciality threaded barrels .... that alone would be enough to get me interested in that ... the cyclone feeder on the a5 is a bigger air pig than the gun is, and having to get those special threaded barrels that will go with nothing else was a waste...

Drawbacks to one person may be advantages to another.

The cyclone does not require more air in addition to the air used to fire the marker, it uses the exhaust air from the firing of the marker. That's a common misconception. It does require a slightly higher pressure to operate, meaning it will stop feeding prior to the marker stopping firing. In my experiance that's been about 15-20 shots that I've had to manually feed the cyclone w/ the plunger. This hasn't happened to me often because I rarely run that low on air. But in my opinion the cyclone is a great feature.

As far as the "specialty" barrels... for the most part, the only barrel threading that truly works on multiple marker brands is cocker. Spyder threads do work on multiple markers, but mostly spyder knock-off markers. A-5 threaded barrels also work on multiple markers though - the X7, Phenom & BT models, granted they all are in the same Tippy family or "knock-offs" as well. In addition, you can replace the A-5's barrel adapter w/ a new one to accept cocker threads or even spyder threads. So if you have an Autococker, a DM6, a TM-7 & an A-5 - you can just add the barrel adapter to the A-5 & use the same barrel on all four markers if you wanted.


Totally about to say so :blink: I believe that the Response Trigger also uses exhaust air correct?
0

#9 User is offline   MellowMan24 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 09-February 11

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

first off i would like to say i'm new to this forum. this is the only thread that i can find talking about the pcs us5 so i decided i would dig it up to ask my question. the two guns look the same but what i want to know is can any of the a5 upgrades go on the us5? i just got a us5 from a friend and i just wanted to know if any of the a5 upgrades would work for it.
0

#10 User is offline   Benaiah 

  • If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 280
  • Joined: 30-August 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

I dont know anything about this, but it looks like most external mods will fit based on the posts above.

But i thought i would comment on this...

View Postger, on 14 March 2010 - 01:01 PM, said:

The cyclone does not require more air in addition to the air used to fire the marker, it uses the exhaust air from the firing of the marker. That's a common misconception.


Thats a common misconception. The cyclone air comes from the air used to fire the paintball, as opposed to the air used to blow back the bolt. So theoretically, you would see an increase in FPS if you removed the cyclone, but with the inconsistencies of the blowback system they become negligible. So the amount of air required by the cyclone is negligible, but it does remove air from the system resulting in a different shot dynamic. If it removed air from the blowback portion, then there would be a cascade of problems with spring strength and hammer weight optimization.
2 Samuel 22
0

#11 User is offline   Tommikka 

  • Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 811
  • Joined: 28-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Salisbury, UK
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:04 PM

View PostMellowMan24, on 10 February 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

first off i would like to say i'm new to this forum. this is the only thread that i can find talking about the pcs us5 so i decided i would dig it up to ask my question. the two guns look the same but what i want to know is can any of the a5 upgrades go on the us5? i just got a us5 from a friend and i just wanted to know if any of the a5 upgrades would work for it.

A5 internal parts should fit the US5.

A5 bodykits might not fit the US5 straight out of the box due to slight body differences, and pushpin / nut & bolt placement.
But as shown in my pictures above we have fitted OpsGear body kits to US5s with some slight modification which included some dremeling of the bodykits.
I have also fitted the wooden Tacamo A5 Krinkov front grip, which works without modification other than I used a slimmer nut and bolt for the lower fitting.

On some modifications the bolts / clamp for the flip open feedneck may be a problem with bodykits. I think for the Krinkov I have to leave out the feedneck bolt.

The barrel adaptor on the A5 and the US5 look similar but are slightly different.
(Other than the fact that the A5 one is Tippman threaded and the US5 on is Spyder threaded)


More info on the mods are here

US5 with OpsGear G36 bodykit - note with the parts alongside the US5 I am showing the US5's foresight, with the parts fitted the foresight is removed.

The G36 foregrip had to have the barrel hole dremmeled wider to accommodate the US5 barrel adaptor.

Posted Image
Posted Image

US5 with OpsGear Barret bodykit -
This took more effort than the G36 and a fair bit of Dremmel.
The bipod is effectively just bolted to the body, which also allows it to turn
The observant may recognise the sight riser is in fact part of the SpecOps Ion QBow (Unused on my Ion QBow as it is Deadlywind based)
This has gone through a lot of variations and has had issues with normal hoppers pressing against the sight.
The current guise is a 50 round hopper and a 13cu air cylinder.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

CQB Krinkov US5
Note there are no modifications requied, but I used a slimmer nut & bolt (The lower silver one) due to slight misalingment of the bolt position
Posted Image
Posted Image

Barrel adaptors (actualy an X7/US5 comparison)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 10 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

0

#12 User is offline   kenaz 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 29-April 10

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
The bolts from the Tippmanns will fit. Most cosmetic stuff will also fit wit a little dremel action, the cocking rod seams to be a little bit off. The A-5 peep sight is thicker and can not swap. The powertube looks like a 98's but I have not had them side by side yet. You can get a BT Rip Clip for a 98 to fit with some modding. Drive springs are the same, and you should update the PCS guide pin to the metal Tippmann kind (part number CA-15). Some of the trigger springs look the same the the sear looks the same. TechT make a valve spring the might work in a PCS, i have some on the way and will know for sure. JCS use to make an alloy power tube for the US*5. And if you watch on ebay you can get thread drums to switch to A-5 or 98 threads. I have 2 PCS US*5's and an X7. The hammer is different but may be compatible. The biggest difference between the A-5 and the US*5 is around the tombstone area so some mags like the solid alloy MP5 9mm style will not fit the PCS. But the PCS US*5 is a good marker, if they were still in business they would be on par with the BTs and Tippmanns. But you can score a A-5 for 100 bucks sometimes and it will be around for a long time.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users