Special Ops Paintball: Any ideas on what I could/should do with/to my markers? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any ideas on what I could/should do with/to my markers? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

I'm bored and though that I'd ask all of you for ideas on what I should do in the way of upgrades and mods to my current markers.

I currently own the following markers;

Brass Eagle - Tiger Shark

Brass Eagle - Stingray

Spyder - Imagine

BT-4 - Assault

WGP - Autococker Trilogy Tactical

ICD - ProMaster

Please be practical about the things you suggest.

Also, I'm thinking of buying an SP-1, but I'm not too terribly sure if I should. What do you think?

#2 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

Pump the Trilogy?
-Ty

#3 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

I don't think I can do that as the three way is non removable if I remember correctly. I'm at work right now so I can't check for sure.

#4 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

Brass Eagle Stingray. Brings back memories.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPYDER-to-STINGRAY-Pai...p3286.m20.l1116

A Spyder to Stingray adapter so you can utilize your collection of Spyder barrels is a good first move. I cant ever remember what barrel threads Brass Eagle had...

Now you can do mods to several of these like buying an Airsoft gun and gutting them, then tossing your marker inside.

The Trilogy, ProMaster and Imagine, I really wouldnt mod any. I like those pretty much the way they are. Other that is than the traditional things like loader/barrel and such. But you probably already have done that.

Here's what I saw on the Trilogy Pump.
http://www.pmpind.co....aspx?PROD=1073

The BT you could get a mag kit on it, instead of the fore grip. Maybe move the fore grip to the hand guard to give it a tactical feel. Just on looks, I remove the carry handle and toss a red dot on in its place. You might change out the CAR stock for the standard Sniper stock of you watned to be different. The CAR is a little more user friendly...
Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#5 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:35 AM

View PostJesterTLS, on Nov 2 2008, 12:01 AM, said:

Brass Eagle Stingray. Brings back memories.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPYDER-to-STINGRAY-Pai...p3286.m20.l1116

A Spyder to Stingray adapter so you can utilize your collection of Spyder barrels is a good first move. I cant ever remember what barrel threads Brass Eagle had...

Yeah, I loved my Stingray back in the day. It's still a decent marker for what it is IMO. I have the quick pull pins, a different bolt, and an aftermarket barrel for it. I think the barrel is basically a 32 degrees Nyte Stikk barrel. BE's supposedly have Spyder threads, but none of my Spyder barrels ever fit my Shark.

Now you can do mods to several of these like buying an Airsoft gun and gutting them, then tossing your marker inside.

I've never been one to gut Air Soft guns to make bodies for my markers, although I've seen some really nice markers that have.

The Trilogy, ProMaster and Imagine, I really wouldnt mod any. I like those pretty much the way they are. Other that is than the traditional things like loader/barrel and such. But you probably already have done that.

As for the Spyder, I only have a few barrels, and the J&J was the best, but I don't know what happened to it since we moved. I really don’t use it, but it does make for a good loaner.

Other than the barrel and ASA the ProMaster is stock, but I have thought about buying the Empire BV and maybe a new reg.

The Trilogy just has an aftermarket barrel, folding stock, Bi-pod, and I have a scope on it mainly for looks, but it does help for scouting. I may just have to look into that pump kit for it though.

Here's what I saw on the Trilogy Pump.
http://www.pmpind.co....aspx?PROD=1073

The BT you could get a mag kit on it, instead of the fore grip. Maybe move the fore grip to the hand guard to give it a tactical feel. Just on looks, I remove the carry handle and toss a red dot on in its place. You might change out the CAR stock for the standard Sniper stock of you watned to be different. The CAR is a little more user friendly...

I have the expansion chamber mag for the BT, but damn is it heavy and I barely think it helps. I thought about buying the e-trigger thing for it, but really don't like that it's a double trigger and its lack of firing modes. I'm really looking at the new Tippmann HE E-Grip for the A-5, but I don't like how there isn't any actual grip. Truthfully, I like the CAR stock on it. Oh, and a bi-pod.

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:07 AM

buy a cheap pump and play pump for awhile?? You have a nice electro (promaster), you have good mech markers...now get a nice quality pump marker and complete the triumverate. I prefer Brass but others like lighter pumps.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   Sticky Bandit 

• You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man
  • PipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:19 AM

Box them up with my address and take it to the post office?

#8 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:09 AM

View PostLegato, on Nov 2 2008, 01:07 AM, said:

buy a cheap pump I've got a CHEAP pump, my Tiger Shark :happy: and play pump for awhile?? You have a nice electro (promaster), you have good mech markers...now get a nice quality pump marker and complete the triumverate. I prefer Brass but others like lighter pumps.

Do you think that a pumped Cocker woud be alright or should I get something else like a CCI Phantom or LAPCO Grey Ghost?

What is this Brass to which you're reffering? Did Palmers make a pump marker or are you just reffering to their Brass barrels?

I guess I cold go a bit old school and get something like a PGP or SL68. What do you think?

View PostSticky Bandit, on Nov 2 2008, 01:19 AM, said:

Box them up with my address and take it to the post office?

Yeah, nice try. :laugh:

#9 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:19 AM

i know you got the tiger shark. But a nice sheridan based pump would add to it nicely. Either a Sniper (pump cocker) or a brass marker. When i say brass i just mean old sheridans that were made of brass, Brass refers to PPS stuff. But either works well. I just like the old school feeling of brass and the heft that comes with it. A Sniper (cocker with a pump kit) is a fine addition. They make great open class (hopper fed and uses an air tank) pumps. Easy to build, easy to fix.

Try some out at your local field and see what you like. Eveyrone has different taastes. Many of the people in the pump area will say phantoms are godly. I don't favor them at all, cause they are too light to me. So like i said, see what you like, not everyone agrees on everything.

PGP's are nice, but many people don't jive well with pump pistols. SL68's are tanks. I loved mine. Want to buy another. Great pump that can take a ton of abuse and still keep ticking. Made when tippmann actually cared about quality, and not just the quantity they produce.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#10 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:57 AM

Ok, got ya. However, you did say "Brass" not "brass", but either way I'd probably have been confused.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Phantoms and thought that the $250+ price tag was too much if I didn't happen to like it.

You don't happen to know of any pump markers that have detents or something do you? Roll outs is the main issue I foresee having a problem with. I know I need to keep my barrel up and the marker shouldered at all times, but I always find myself holding them with the barrel facing the ground.

Maybe I'll just have to buy a barrel with detents in it.

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:21 AM

Yeah, my bad on the Brass/brass. Long night for me. Wasn't trying to be confusing. :laugh:

Cockers/Snipers come with ball detents to prevent double feeds, but after you slide the pump forward the only thing holding it there is a paint to bore match. Cocker/Snipers can take Wedgits in the barrel, if you send it to PPS. That will stop roll outs also. Or get a barrel kit with said marker. Either way works. Wedgits are just cheaper. PPS can add wedgits to any old sheridan for you if you want. And they can add a ball detent to them as well.

Phantoms can use detent rings to keep the ball from rolling out of. But they have no ball detent to prevent double feeds. Most other nelsons don't really have detents or ways to hold the ball in place other than using a barrel kit or something like it.

#12 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:48 AM

Widgets! That's what I was trying to think of, but couldn't.

So, it's been a long night for you? What time is it where you're at? 6:48?

Yeah, my night has been long and boring as hell, and I don't get off work until 10:30.

Oh, while I still got your help, do you think the SP-1 would be a better primary marker for woodsball over the BT-4? I'm thinking it would make for a much better marker. It's low pressure operated so it should be much quieter, has a low force bolt so it should be much easier on paint, and has multi firing modes already, even if they are capped at 10 or 11BPS. It is a Smart Parts marker, but it really does look promising

This post has been edited by Weigel21: 02 November 2008 - 03:49 AM

#13 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:05 AM

It's 6 am here (would be 7 but daylight savings), i am on shift til 8 am. Then i get to go home and sleep for 3 hours and get up, so i can be tired enough to hopefully sleep sunday night, so i can do my only "normal day" (8 am - 5 pm) of the week on monday. I never sleep though, i am too used to being awake at night to be able to easily sleep on one random day of the week. Nap for an hour, easy...sleep all night, god no....

anyways, onto you and enough about me....

As to the SP1, i hate SP with a passion, same thing with wgp. Abhore them. But i will give credit where credit is due. The SP1 is a great marker for it's price. And would easily trounce a BT4 on any day of the week. I would never use one, cause once again anti SP, but i would totally recomend them to people. Great little markers. And for the price, it can't be beat

#14 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

Alright, thanks. Yeah, I forgot all about daylight savings. Damn! One more hour of work before I can leave.

Edit.

Hey Legato, I understand the four pictures of Legato in your avitar, but why do you have a picture of... well, I'm not exactly sure who. I think it's Wolfwood ,but not 100% sure.

This post has been edited by Weigel21: 02 November 2008 - 07:52 AM

#15 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

dump the brass eagles in the trash, first of all....

then sell half and play with the other half
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users