• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RAP4 Remote line Get a Kingman

#1 User is offline   AbbaZaba 

• A▓ Sa.da.tay
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

I recently made a purchase from Hustle Paintball that included a RAP4 (they call it "Pathogen" as their own brand I found out) remote line with QD, some pods, and a NXe 4+1 harness. No complaints on anything except the remote line.

I originally ordered a Kingman line with slide check and they called and suggested I try the "high quality" RAP4 for $10 less and w/o the "pointless" slide check. I'm new to paintball, so what the hell. I oil the nipple (feel dirty typin that) every time I use the QD and STILL that teeny o-ring gets torn up after a couple days of PB.

I made the switch to HPA but can't try it out with my line b/c of the shredded o-ring. My cuz has one of those big sets of O-rings from a dive shop so my fingers are crossed to make it out this weekend...

Oh yeah "official" replacements are $2 US/each and $10 to ship! C'mon now RAP4. Hope I save someone from this trouble.
Proud owner of an A5-AK and A5 w/ RT
-//-\\-//-\\-
Tree City PB Revival

#2 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

Buy a good 32* remote. It's so much better than a kingman remote. Pretty much anything Rap4 makes is a piece of crap.

#3 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

In fairness, those O rings take a beating REGARDLESS of who's model your buy.

The proper way to dismount the line is to turn the knob at the tank off first, then COMPLETELY drain the marker BEFORE dismounting the QD.

Every time I see someone dismount it, they stop shooting, turn the tank off but NEVER depressurized the marker and let it "blow off" at the QD. THAT is what ruins those Orings the fastest.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#4 User is offline   AbbaZaba 

• A▓ Sa.da.tay
  • PipPip

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

View Postdruid, on Oct 10 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

In fairness, those O rings take a beating REGARDLESS of who's model your buy.

The proper way to dismount the line is to turn the knob at the tank off first, then COMPLETELY drain the marker BEFORE dismounting the QD.

Every time I see someone dismount it, they stop shooting, turn the tank off but NEVER depressurized the marker and let it "blow off" at the QD. THAT is what ruins those Orings the fastest.

Actually druid I have a SP tank with an On/off valve. I fart my A-5 out every time after I turn the air off and before using the QD. So O-ring wear is to be expected across the boards, eh? That's good to know, and hopefully me using HPA will slow that down a bit.

^ghost- Yeah I'm finding that out about RAP4 the hard way...(don't buy their cyclone upgrade kit if your A-5 is more than a year old on a side note- the piston is too big and cyc housing req's some dremeling for it)

This post has been edited by AbbaZaba: 10 October 2008 - 10:25 AM

Proud owner of an A5-AK and A5 w/ RT
-//-\\-//-\\-
Tree City PB Revival

#5 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:55 AM

Yes...O Ring wear is expected across the board. I have 3 remotes...a RAP4, a 32* and some other no name (think it's a BE) and they all work the same. I aways get a pack of 10 ORings at the proshop for the QD so I have them on hand.

CO2 is worst on O Rings...HPA is much better (no freezing of them) but they will still wear out so get replacements and keep them on hand. Few drops of oil on them at game start too......
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users