Special Ops Paintball: TIPPMANN Phenom carbon fiber barrel - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TIPPMANN Phenom carbon fiber barrel Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

I want to know if its possible to fit an APEX2 to the new tippmann phenom carbon fiber barrel I am thinking about buying it to add the apex2 on it.

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#2 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

For that price I am going to say no here. That is ridiculous. You could get a deadlywind for half that if you find the right deal. Brand new they are only 90. You could get a barrel kit for 90, which you basically do with the DW (freak inserts). Or for the price of the barrel you posted, you could easily shop around a bit.

#3 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

That is insanely expensive for a barrel, the performance isn't worth the cost in this case. LIke Shadow_772 said, shop around, even if this barrel would fit the Apex2..it's not worth it.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#4 User is offline   barkingspider 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

I believe the barrel is made by Hammerhead. Yes it's expensive, but if indeed it's one made by Hammerhead.......then I would give my support. I read not to long ago that Tippmann was releasing a cf barrel for the phenom made by Hammerhead. I have three HH barrels and love them. One thing to keep in mind with HH barrels is that they use barrel specific sizing collars. If it was me, I would look directly at the various HH barrels they have to offer.

#5 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

So what would you guys recommend that would fit the apex2? I am looking for anything 14"+

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

I have heard nothing but good things about Flasc paintball, and the price seems decent.

They have an Apex adapter tip available for their barrels here: http://www.flasc.com...icles/tips.html

There is also the Tape mod, and UMS used to make a adapter for many barrels if you can find one.

The flasc also allows you to change the tip depending on what you want (loudener, flash hider, apex etc etc).

#7 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

Are the APEX2 barrels from empire's website compatible with the phenom?

-X
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Well X7 (and phenom) threads are the same as A5, which actually came from the Pro/Carbine so:

Available in 14″ and 18″ Lengths in Barrel Threads-BT-4/A-5, Autococker, and Model 9

That's a yes :]

The stocker on my old apex wasn't too great, but it was about the same length and quality of an A5 stock barrel.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users