• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New position: ......uhh, rapier? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

So I've read through everything in terms of the official positions, and I've found one pretty common thing that isn't really "named" in the specops lexicon. What about the guy whose specific job is to NOT be part of a primary assault team, but instead sneak behind lines. Not a dagger, who "mad rushes" and bunkers people, or charges noticeably to the front to spook the ambush (which is what I tend to do a lot)...but the guy belly crawling along the tapeline BEHIND the dagger, only to pop up farther back on a flank? I don't envision this role as being encompassed by the "sniper" role, because those guys tend to rely more on distance and LACK of movement. This is a true assault role, but he/she may not be part of that primary fire team.

Example: last weekend, I was playing up front as usual, and I spooked a couple guys who started firing on me. My med riflemen moved up and I started darting around to keep them guessing, and working the flank. Meanwhile, my buddy was moving very low to the ground right along the tape line, and as he passed me, I actually dropped back just a bit, started working in the other direction to flank. They were so focused on me and so worried about being peppered by my med riflemen they didn't see him until there was paint flying at them. Once he'd given away the secret, he just locked down his position long enough to get our fire team assembled in the new location. We moved down the field that way and our team of 4 took out the other team of 11. The others on our team (new players) traded balls and kept the others busy throughout the game.

Thoughts?

#2 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

That sort of sounds like the decoy position...

This post has been edited by LONGBOW: 14 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

#3 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

View PostLONGBOW, on Aug 14 2007, 10:27 AM, said:

That sort of sounds like the decoy position...

from what I understand, in my example *I* would be playing decoy position (as well as just doing my regular job as dagger). Am I right? Is what I suggest a new position, and if so, is it a valid one in your opinion?

Maybe as a better name, that guy could be a 'lance' because he penetrates deeply into enemy lines.

#4 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:07 PM

Ug...not this again...

USE THE SEARCH. This position comes up every week. Names like 'Lance', 'Rapier', 'Special Forces', 'Commando'...you get the idea.

#5 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

• "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

that would be the defnition of a ghost flanker.

-drummer

Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?

#6 User is offline   mr. thunderclese 

• killah
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mr. thunderclese

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

View Postdrummerdude1234, on Aug 14 2007, 01:44 PM, said:

that would be the defnition of a ghost flanker.

-drummer

my thoughts exactly....lol

#7 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

They should call this position "Philipp122's avatar".

:evil: :) :) :D :D :D :D

This is one of the funnest positions to play. Nothing beats the thrill of being right in the middle of all of the action without even being noticed, then sneaking by and unleashing hell.

Actually, this is a special task for a Dagger or a Sabre (offensive outside players and mid outside players if you are using regular positions). You must know when to attack, when NOT to attack, how to move silently, and how to move like you're being chased by a raging bull.

Only word to describe it: Fun :)

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 14 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

#8 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Aug 14 2007, 12:07 PM, said:

Ug...not this again...

USE THE SEARCH. This position comes up every week. Names like 'Lance', 'Rapier', 'Special Forces', 'Commando'...you get the idea.

guys, chill the heck out. What should I search for, exactly? "Guy who sneaks around but is not dagger and is different than sniper...." You guys show just as much "noobishness" by whining about new posters as anyone. The fact of the matter is, in such a narrow discussion topic, there will be repeats. Take your heart medicine, and if it still bothers you, don't read. It's pretty freakin simple. Flaming is for losers. We're a bit past the schoolyard insult phase (I hope).

This post has been edited by rightintheface: 14 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

#9 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

You might want to change the F... part of that.. you may get a warning... I can't remember if its in the rules... but I got warned for something similar... Using the (&%) and so on keys. Just giving you a heads up.

#10 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

Everyone, watch your stupid attitude. Veterans, if you don't got something nice to say, don't say it. I understand the excessive postings about new positions, and I find them to be annoying too, but KINDLY direct them in the right direction, would you? Spec Ops has a rep to keep up. rightintheface, you need to chill out too. Don't curse here, and don't attempt to backtalk anyone on these forums, it never ends well. If it's pretty freaking simple and I quote, then you should understand the better road here is to simply ignore the rude gestures and move on with your life. You could of searched "positions" or "flanking positions". Or you could say "I didn't know what to search, so sorry if I missed something."

We know you're a new poster, and I apologize for the fire that comes with that.

Back on topic. The position has been tossed up a few times, and mostly been shot down. Why? Simply because spec ops hasn't considered a new position to fill in the blanks. Right now, I bet they got their hands full with Armchair Commandos, new gear, and the like. My advice is to not bother with positions at the moment haha. Grenadier is also trying to make it to the listings.

Again, guys, get by the little childish phase that comes with annoying posts okay? rightintheface, you now know what to do in case of flipping outage. I'm starting to sound like a mod...

did I die for a second there?...

#11 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

View PostTREE FITTY, on Aug 14 2007, 03:42 PM, said:

Everyone, watch your stupid attitude. Veterans, if you don't got something nice to say, don't say it. I understand the excessive postings about new positions, and I find them to be annoying too, but KINDLY direct them in the right direction, would you? Spec Ops has a rep to keep up. rightintheface, you need to chill out too. Don't curse here, and don't attempt to backtalk anyone on these forums, it never ends well. If it's pretty freaking simple and I quote, then you should understand the better road here is to simply ignore the rude gestures and move on with your life. You could of searched "positions" or "flanking positions". Or you could say "I didn't know what to search, so sorry if I missed something."

Back on topic. The position has been tossed up a few times, and mostly been shot down. Why? Simply because spec ops hasn't considered a new position to fill in the blanks. Right now, I bet they got their hands full with Armchair Commandos, new gear, and the like. My advice is to not bother with positions at the moment haha. Grenadier is also trying to make it to the listings.

Again, guys, get by the little childish phase that comes with annoying posts okay? rightintheface, you now know what to do in case of flipping outage. I'm starting to sound like a mod...

I agree. (if not we can start calling this thread "little PBN" lol.... :laugh: Not that funny... I know... I try'd...

#12 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

It's okay shadow, we all try, and I got your pun, therefore, you succeeded.
EDIT- Can't spell. Again.

This post has been edited by TREE FITTY: 14 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

did I die for a second there?...

#13 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Aug 14 2007, 06:48 PM, said:

View PostTREE FITTY, on Aug 14 2007, 03:42 PM, said:

I agree. (if not we can start calling this thread "little PBN" lol.... :laugh: Not that funny... I know... I try'd...

lol

But I already stated that this thread shall be named "Philipp122's avatar" :P

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 14 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

#14 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

Well...now that the flamefest has settled...I don't think this position is a Ghost Flanker because he means penetrating right up the gut not at the flank. I really don't think this could be considered a new position...It's more of a Dagger with a rightintheface twist to it. That's just my opinion though.

#15 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

View Postrightintheface, on Aug 14 2007, 12:36 PM, said:

What about the guy whose specific job is to NOT be part of a primary assault team, but instead sneak behind lines. Not a dagger, who "mad rushes" and bunkers people, or charges noticeably to the front to spook the ambush (which is what I tend to do a lot)...but the guy belly crawling along the tapeline BEHIND the dagger, only to pop up farther back on a flank? I don't envision this role as being encompassed by the "sniper" role, because those guys tend to rely more on distance and LACK of movement. This is a true assault role, but he/she may not be part of that primary fire team.

View PostLONGBOW, on Aug 15 2007, 06:45 PM, said:

Well...now that the flamefest has settled...I don't think this position is a Ghost Flanker because he means penetrating right up the gut not at the flank. I really don't think this could be considered a new position...It's more of a Dagger with a rightintheface twist to it. That's just my opinion though.

Technically it is a ghost flanker, but you get points for trying. :P

But you're right; I don't see why everyone flamed at first. Usually, forum newbies tend not to use the search button, so everyone should have been used to it. Atleast rightintheface posted a position that makes good sense and is played successfully by many people. He may not have known that people already play this, so it's all good. :)

This post has been edited by Philipp122: 15 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users