• You cannot reply to this topic

autococker running on CO2? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   smackers 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:smackers

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hello i was told but a guy i was playing with a few weeks ago that running CO2 on a WPG autococker damages the marker is this true? When i bought it from dads employee he told me to stay with CO2 since all he used was CO2 it wont effect the marker so which one is true? And if HPA is better is there a way to clean it so if i do switch it doesnt damage the gun?

This post has been edited by smackers: 18 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

#2 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Umm... I thought cockers, especially the originals were made to run on CO2 since that's really all there was.
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#3 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

if it's got a solenoid (eblade, racegun frames) then you might have some problems with liquid CO2...

But if it's totally mechanical, go for it no worries.

-Tenacious

#4 User is offline   smackers 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

o also its an old school wpg autococker i think 1999 maybe 2000

#5 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

wait, I can run co2 through my autococker...man, everyone has been lying to me..it's a 98 autococker...HPA is better anyways though, so going HPA would be best if you can manage it.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#6 User is offline   smackers 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

i can manage HPA but i would prefer not too tho. tanks/gas is a bit more then i got right now. if its super beneficial than ya i will switch but if it doesn't change much then i think i will stick with CO2. the only concern i had was that the person i was playing with told me its really really bad to run co2

#7 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

biggest issue will be the wear and tear on the guns o-rings and such, I'm no expert on autocockers, but I only run HPA through any of my guns anyways, my field doesn't even really supply co2 anymore.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

Pre 2K cockers were made to run high pressure, they didn't have regs and could run straight off Co2. Post 2k cockers were made to run low pressure. They NEED a reg unless you respring them.

As to is it ok or not to use co2...if you must use co2, at least get a Palmer's Rock Low Pressure Regulator or a PPS Stabilizer as a main reg. Liquid Co2 will kill your three way o rings fast and that is bad. That is the linchpin to the marker. A Rock LPR and PPS Stab have over pressure relief valves built in. So if liquid CO2 hits the reg, it will vent it and not send it into the three way to fry the o rings.

Do not get a Fatty or Micro Rock, only a normal Stabilizer or Rock. The Fatty and Micro Rock are for HPA only and DO NOT have the over pressure relief holes, so if liquid hits em, too bad for you...it's going through.

CO2 is a fine source to use, you just have to "prep" the cocker for it. Rocks are cheaper then a full blown stab, but stab will regulate the marker, not just the pneumatics

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users