Special Ops Paintball: REALISTIC new positions - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

REALISTIC new positions Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Official Positions? (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Javalin be made an official position?

1. Yes (151 votes [65.65%])

Percentage of vote: 65.65%

2. No (42 votes [18.26%])

Percentage of vote: 18.26%

3. Maybe after some adjstment (37 votes [16.09%])

Percentage of vote: 16.09%

Bones?

1. Yes (58 votes [25.22%])

Percentage of vote: 25.22%

2. No (112 votes [48.70%])

Percentage of vote: 48.70%

3. Maybe after some adjustment (60 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

Chavalry

1. Yes (93 votes [40.43%])

Percentage of vote: 40.43%

2. No (99 votes [43.04%])

Percentage of vote: 43.04%

3. Maybe after some adjustment (38 votes [16.52%])

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

Squad

1. Yes (77 votes [33.48%])

Percentage of vote: 33.48%

2. No (121 votes [52.61%])

Percentage of vote: 52.61%

3. Maybe after some adjustment (32 votes [13.91%])

Percentage of vote: 13.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Dubbin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:D-Jack

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:14 AM

Alright, so ive been looking around after being away for a while and noticing that a lot of people are just posting position ideas that are combinations of others. There are really only a few posibilities. The ones that i see are the following:

-Javalin (tank hunter + explosives)- uses rockets/mines to take out tanks as well as claymores/grenades to take out people. very light weapon + rocket launcher.

-Bones (medic/engineer)- although a controversial position, a medic could be used in scenario games. medics would be the only players with the ability to "heal" other players. they would also be able to repair tanks. Even if this was a position with any potential, there is the poblem of cheating and how to say when someone is healed/repaired or not.

-Chavalry (tank crew)- Basically just the tank crew, drivers, gunners, whatever.

-Squad (squad leader)- in larger games, teams are split up into smaller groups. Even with a main command, there still needs to be leaders of smaller groups.

Any other ideas? Post em, as long as they aren't combinations of other positions.

#2 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:aquateenjunkie

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:01 PM

this is my idea ,although realy expensive and bulky. i get 4 fully automatic markers and somehow attach em together. this although more of a wepon seting than a position ( can be made into an al around position).
snipers can use it , if u can get aroung concealing it, 4 shots is much better than one. mobile heavy gunners can sure use it . and i guess it can ge used on a tank both ways, :dry: :panzer: :panzer:
Chuck Norris, a cotton candy filled twinky and Aquateenjunkie walk into a bar. The building then immedietly explodes because it cannot contain that level of awesomeness.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#3 User is offline   Ruckus Fox 

• Cutie! ^-^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ruckus Fox

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

Hrm...I like this more than the other threads. You're not spitting out things that are illogical and such...And I like that.

1) I think Javelines should be their own position. Sure, a hardcore heavy rifleman or gunner could tote around a grenade launcher and maybe a LAW if they wanted to. But I think it's far more sexy if a single person in each platoon just totes around a massive LAW and possibly a lighter gun on a sling. -THAT- is sexy. Props to the big guns.

2) I don't know why you called them bones, silly man...I like playing as a medic, but DON'T COMBINE THE MEDIC AND THE ENGINEER! Then they're godly. Make them seperate, medics heal infantry, engineers repair tanks, don't combine them or people will be breaking your fingers in no time, trust me.

3) Calvary sounds like a neat name for the tank crew...I like it. I know they already exist whether they're a position or not, and they pride themselves in it. I say go for it.

4) No. Don't make this a position, you already have the commander, just stop there. Firstly, you won't get that sort of organization at a scenario unless it's something like D-day and you're all split up into groups, or unless you all know each other personally. And please, no squads. I would make it platoons, rather. A squad of guys can easily get smacked around by two entrenched gunners, no problem.

That's my views on it.

--Ruckus

#4 User is offline   Dubbin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:D-Jack

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

View PostRuckus Fox, on Sep 17 2006, 09:13 PM, said:

2) I don't know why you called them bones, silly man...I like playing as a medic, but DON'T COMBINE THE MEDIC AND THE ENGINEER! Then they're godly. Make them seperate, medics heal infantry, engineers repair tanks, don't combine them or people will be breaking your fingers in no time, trust me.

4) No. Don't make this a position, you already have the commander, just stop there. Firstly, you won't get that sort of organization at a scenario unless it's something like D-day and you're all split up into groups, or unless you all know each other personally. And please, no squads. I would make it platoons, rather. A squad of guys can easily get smacked around by two entrenched gunners, no problem.

--Ruckus

i see what you are saying. i was just throwing out names cause i didnt want to leave it by itself. the only problem with making medic and engineer as two different ones is that then there wouldnt be a lot of difference all together. the fact that medic could be put into paintball is hard to do. but to make them seperate, they are besically add ons to other positions. if you put them together, there is more for the person to do. al you need is a balance in weapons and equipment.

the squad, or platoon leader, just a small idea. there are some games around the country that have big games once a year. i suppose though that its more of a one time thing rather than a position.

#5 User is offline   TheDecoy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:45 PM

View PostRuckus Fox, on Sep 17 2006, 06:13 PM, said:

Hrm...I like this more than the other threads. You're not spitting out things that are illogical and such...And I like that.

1) I think Javelines should be their own position. Sure, a hardcore heavy rifleman or gunner could tote around a grenade launcher and maybe a LAW if they wanted to. But I think it's far more sexy if a single person in each platoon just totes around a massive LAW and possibly a lighter gun on a sling. -THAT- is sexy. Props to the big guns.

3) Calvary sounds like a neat name for the tank crew...I like it. I know they already exist whether they're a position or not, and they pride themselves in it. I say go for it.

That's my views on it.

--Ruckus

i agree with ruckus

#6 User is offline   El Toro Loco 

• Here comes the bull!! A man on a mission!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Toro loco

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:23 AM

Having played the role of medics in many games I can assure you that there is plenty to do to keep a medic busy during play. To keep a record of those healed most scenario promoters will have the medic carry a card. Everytime you heal a player you right down thier player id number on the card. Each card has room for 10 - 20 numbers. after the card is full you have to return to the CP and retrieve a new card.
Engineer is its own position altogether. the engineer in alot of games is also the "javelin" in that only an engineer is allowed to carry a LAW. the engineer is able to destroy and fix buildings and other objects I.E. bridges, walls and other defensible postions.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, MINDS CLEAR, AND GUNS ON POINT!!!!

Here comes that crazy BULL!!!!!!!!

#7 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:28 AM

THERE IS NO "H" IN CAVALRY.... THANK YOU!!! :)

Ok, with that out of the way, most of those positions are valid, and already exist in some way or another... Just because they don't have an official recognition by specops doesn't mean that they're not positions.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#8 User is offline   Brendan44 

• learned that one back in 'nam
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brendan44

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:30 PM

javilen would make a good postion and so would medic but i dont really see the need for the "squad" idea and the cavalry is really cool and all but i dont think that most teams have their own tank and many smaller regional scenarios might not have tanks all together. And even if there arent any tanks, the javilens could still use there LAWs to fire grenades at groups or rockets at large bunkers or buildings, all the positions sure are cool though
PEVS @ A.G. Paintball Games referee

ralph nater for pres. '08

"I was a teen once too but I didnt have to go to no Jungle Drug Intervention camp"

#9 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:15 PM

I voted yes for everything except cavalry. Most people don't have tanks so theres not much of a need for it. And tanks are only used in scenario games ussually.

#10 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

great ideas man, i love the squad leader. In bigger scenario games we divide our main team with walk-ons forming different platoons, forming 2-3 groups made up of our core team with walk-ons.

as for new position, this really isnt a position but i would like to see stock class

#11 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

View PostRuckus Fox, on Sep 17 2006, 06:13 PM, said:

That's my views on it.

--Ruckus

my team is made up of 90% military it isnt hard to get organized even in large scenarios, as long as you have a good commander that knows what there doing and how to communicate and organize. Even in 30 people scenario games we still do the platoon or squad break ups.

#12 User is offline   RedAE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:RedAE

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:01 AM

Nice, the only gripe I have about the Javelin is that it does not fully represent the beauty of an explosive's expert, I think you may want to seperate Javelin into a heavy ordnance category and then a seperate position deigned Grenadier. A Grenadier would be chock full of paint grenades, smoke grenades(if allowed) mines, and trip wire mines. A grenadier would most likely sport a large vest for grenade storage in pods, and paint of course. A supposed grenadier would need a support weapon and a standard A-5 w/stock and sling would suffice.
Oh, my God, Mr. President, the Alien Overlords crashed a family reunion somewhere in Southwest Louisiana. Early reports indicate that the Conquerers of 10,000 Worlds made, and I quote: ‘A damn fine jambalaya.’ Unquote.

#13 User is offline   ION KING 

• Bow down to the king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tippmann A-5 player

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

At DDAY 07 there is the 36th MECHANIZED infantry. We would be considered calvary right. We ride in APCs
current WWII reenactment funds $260/ total gear NONE

#14 User is offline   greethehunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Greethehunter

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:39 PM

All of them are reasonable but squads should deffinatly be included squads are awsome when your in squads the commader tells thm to do seperate things to do and they do it but each squad needs to be specialized in something so they do a good job at it

#15 User is offline   Sniper Jedi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sniper Jedi

Posted 25 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

I don't see why Javelins are not allready an offical position. On the positions homepage, a javelin is standing in the background of the group picture. The tank crew...sure, it works. Medic, not so much. Medics are not used so much, so...I don't think so. Also, negative on the squad guys. Allready covered. It would just be the commander with a different number of followers.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users