• You cannot reply to this topic

the X7 who LOVES this gun? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

I think people are drawn to it because they want to jump on the "playing war" bandwagon. There's plenty of markers that use standard military components. The majority of markers use either .45 or M16 style grips. Quite a few of those markers come in right/left or offset feeds. X-7s looks like real guns, but I can definitely say there are plenty of other markers out there that feel more like the real thing. Tippmann's older blowbacks, other older blowbacks like those made by Montneel, even Sheridan or Palmer's markers that certainly feel more like the real deal. Tippmann SMG-60s and 68s are about as close as you can get.

The heaviest production marker ever made (that I know of) was the VM-68/PMI-III which weighed in at a little over 5lbs. X-7s are actually a full pound lighter. VM68s were three tubes in height and actually a bit smaller than an inline X-7. The size or weight of a marker doesn't bother me. I kind of like a little heavier of a setup. It's knowing that the X-7 is large and heavy when it doesn't need to be that bothers me. It's just large to fulfill it's mil-sim branding.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#32 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:02 PM

The X7 can be right for the milsimers. Other than that, its an A-5 in a different body. It just wasn't designed to be better in performance against the A-5, just making it more mil-simable.

#33 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

Tippmann makes far more money building a half-decent marker with dozens of aftermarket mods made out of plastic, then they did selling great markers that didn't really need any aftermarket upgrades. It's all business now.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#34 User is offline   boomer_x7 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:boomerx7

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

I love my x7. It is reliable and has never let me down. Only down side i it is a bit of a gas hog.
LIKE CHRISTMAS WITH GUNS

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users