Special Ops Paintball: taking test for commander position - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

taking test for commander position need help, hints, anything to help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   THEHOPPER 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THEHOPPER

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

yea a couple of my friends that have been playing for about a year or 2 longer than me are making a paintball team for woodsball. Well they need one more player and i want to try out for the commander position. Yea i might not have played for too long but i know lots of strategies and got a 90% on the officer test on my first time.

So anyways they said that the test for me to be a commander is well. I have to beat all 4 of them by myself. Considering they are each very skilled and 3 of them recently got brand new guns autocockers and a bt4 combat. Also another troubleing thing is that they are each way more athletic than me but once again im good at strategies and im a good shot.

So if u have any suggestions on how i can go about beating them than that would help a lot. I could use anything from tips, to strategies, to plays. My main advantage is im willing to use a lot more paint than them and so im thinking about using that. But then again they are smart about not wasting paint so im mostly gonna try baiting the shot. Im also well yea i know it sounds like a bad strategy but going into the corner so i can get a good view of all of them and i cant be flanked. we dont use a taped off area so if i really needed to i could get out of there. So yea if u have any suggestions they would help a lot.
Yea im real sorry i couldn't fix your breaks. sooooooooooooooo i made your horn louder =)
If you play honarably and fair, post this in your sig

#2 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

IMHO, that's a poor test for a commander. A commander's strength lies not in his ability to dominate in a one-on-one (or one-on-four). It's about using those four players on your side to the best advantage.

You will have to analyze the terrain, and make sure you leave as little flanking opportunity as possible.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#3 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Tell them they are morons for trying to find you, talk all day about your uber splinter cell stealth skills, then when it's game time start walking the other way and don't stop until you get home. They will be out there for an hour or two, then you can come back and shoot their exhausted butts.

And then tell them that they don't understand the qualities that being a commander entails. It's not a position of personal ability as far as physical capabilities. It's about using others' strengths to lead the best team possible.

#4 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

Doesn't sound like a good commander test. A better test would be to go to a field, give you command of the team, and see if you can get your team to beat a walkon team at least twice your size.

#5 User is offline   THEHOPPER 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

lol i know thats kinda what i thought but w/e lol we've been friends foreveeeeeeeeeeeer. but still tips appreciated lol
Yea im real sorry i couldn't fix your breaks. sooooooooooooooo i made your horn louder =)

#6 User is offline   THEHOPPER 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

Oh yea and they are mainly testing my combat strength tjeu said. They already trust my skill with strategies because we go paintballing so much. They said its mainly for like incase they all get out and im the last one in. Although since we such good freinds even if i dont win they'll probably still let me join lol

This post has been edited by THEHOPPER: 01 October 2007 - 05:14 PM

#7 User is offline   Huff n Puff 

• Elite Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HUFF N PUFF

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:53 PM

Yea, that's not a very good commander test, but if you want tips I'll try my best to give them.

Hide, and try and find a position to watch them (but if you're friends then you probably already know how they play). Try and get behind them. If you can do that and keep the fire fight in close quarters you have a chance of getting most of them. If you don't get them, don't hang around. My advice is run like hell, and find different cover. If they didn't see you then lay low for a bit. And just keep doing small attacks.

I'm sorry I can't give you much for tips. I don't know the style of play they have, the environment you're playing in, or your strengths and weaknesses. Since you said you haven't played much so you're probably screwed. With that you can try and do the sneaky player role, or just go out their guns blazing and have fun getting lit up.

I think this isn't a really serious test and they know it, they just wanna have a little fun initiating their commander. So do whatever you feel like, you can follow tips or just play normal and don't treat it as a serious test.
Elite Team 6 Rocks
Fire? Yes Please

#8 User is offline   LcplSchmiz 

• Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LcplSchmiz

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Its just a test of so called "strength". They just want to see what you'd do in that kind of situation.

#9 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

Just do your best to outsmart them and don't worry about it.

In reality, as many have said before me, I find this a poor test of command. As a team captain, I know I couldn't beat 4 of my own in a 1 vs 4 game (well maybe depending on which 4, but certainly not the 4 most active aside from me).

A team captain's skill isn't in his individual game (though that is important as well), it's his ability to organize and execute a plan quickly and effectively using the players at his disposal. Command in paintball is less a shooting game and more a chess game.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 01 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#10 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

View PostTHEHOPPER, on Oct 1 2007, 06:10 PM, said:

...They already trust my skill with strategies because we go paintballing so much....

That phrase right there is all a commander needs. The ability to analyze a tactical and strategic situation, and make the best use of it by utilizing the trust of the players on the team.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#11 User is offline   Buzz Killington 

• First you get the sugar
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halfro

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:22 PM

sounds to me like those guys are just having a power trip off the fact that they can get a slightly less experianced kid to play against all four of them just to play on their team. I myself would just set up a nice dence spot to hide in next to a trail or a run next to a bunker run or something and just wait for them seeing as their outnumbering you but thats just how i would play outnumbered and you gotta have some certain strengths to do that (i.e first shot acc.) and such.

http://www.londonpaintball.com/ <--- great canadian paintball shop!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users