Special Ops Paintball: Paintball Flamethrower - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Paintball Flamethrower why not

Poll: Flame or no Flame? (paintball flamethrower) (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you consider the paintball flamethrower to be practical?

1. Yes (24 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

2. No (57 votes [70.37%])

Percentage of vote: 70.37%

Would you enjoy using a paintball flamethrower?

1. Yes (61 votes [75.31%])

Percentage of vote: 75.31%

2. No (20 votes [24.69%])

Percentage of vote: 24.69%

Would you find it funny if a paintball flamethrower was used on you?

1. It would be Hilarious! (40 votes [49.38%])

Percentage of vote: 49.38%

2. I would be really MAD! (41 votes [50.62%])

Percentage of vote: 50.62%

Would you think twice about using a paintball flamethrower because of the cost of paint?

1. Money is not an issue. (23 votes [28.40%])

Percentage of vote: 28.40%

2. I can't offord it! (58 votes [71.60%])

Percentage of vote: 71.60%

Would you buy a paintball flamethrower if a paintball manufacturer made cost effective paint for it.

1. Definitely! (43 votes [53.09%])

Percentage of vote: 53.09%

2. I'm not buying. (38 votes [46.91%])

Percentage of vote: 46.91%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Formidable Fox 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

While I was playing Call of Duty 5, I was using the new flamethrower introduced to the Call of Duty series. It was really fun an effective to use compared to a shotgun or direct fire weapon. You just pull the trigger and sweep back and forth. Then I thought why can't we do that in paintball. The technology is already there. The flamethrowers used by the U.S. military have pressurized fuel inside of backpack tanks. You pull the trigger and the fuel is then release through the hose and out the muzzle where at the end is a pilot light that ignites the fuel and napalm is sprayed forth onto your enemies. You can use the same type of concept except without the fuel and the flame at the end, just replace it with paint! Of course the paint needs to be non-toxic and biodegradeable. But hey, this would be awesome for clearing out bunkers and buildings and just looking cool! Tell me what you think.

This post has been edited by Formidable Fox: 31 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

"Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

beeen discussed MANY times before. Won't happen. No one wants to be hosed with paint. One thing to be shot with it, another thing to be hosed with it. I'd be mighty boinking PERTURBED if someone hosed me with paint. Plus the pressure and amoutn of paint you would need would make it unrealistic. Would cost too much to fuel
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:04 AM

Plus, it's been done. My friends' team from back home has a converted WWII Flame Thrower. They make the paint themselves and use it in a few events. (Skirmish DDAY most notably, where they had nailed a guy who tried to bunker the person using the flame thrower). However, you need a few things of paper work from the government to be able to even have a flamethrower. This particular one can be, and usually is, converted back to spout flame.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

#4 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:56 AM

i'd be pretty ticked if I got hosed with paint. Also, the military stopped using flamethrowers long ago. Its cool in a video game based on semi historical events, but not realistic for pantball

#5 User is offline   Formidable Fox 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

View Post-SMITTY-, on Dec 23 2008, 06:56 AM, said:

i'd be pretty ticked if I got hosed with paint. Also, the military stopped using flamethrowers long ago. Its cool in a video game based on semi historical events, but not realistic for pantball

Well then Special Ops can make their own prototype and see for themselves if it's usefull or not. You never know until you try. And the reason the military stopped using flamethrowers is because it doesn't look well in the media to be lighting enemies on fire and watching them scream in agony.
"Do to others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31

#6 User is offline   Silenced 

• Yes Im a Ninja, No I wont show you my Moves
  • Pip

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

View Post-SMITTY-, on Dec 23 2008, 08:56 AM, said:

I would laugh my so hard if I got hosed with paint, after all its for fun right. Besides a flamethrower would go perfectly with any WWII scenario. Would it be cost effective, probably not, but thats what paintball is all about.
Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.
-Sun Tzu
Killing the wrong person happens. Ninjas know this. It's useless to live in the past.-unknown

#7 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

it was my old team, corporal punishment who used the flamethrower at Skirmish a few times as well as several local scenarios, we specialized in exotic weapons for a while, we had 2 bazookas, 2 flamethrowers as well as several other fun things, it just became too much of a hassle the paint took almost a full day to make a few gallons and they went fast, we even had the flamethrower in a tank for a little, everyone we hosed didnt seem to mind and had a good laugh about it

just trust me when i say its not worth it, although we did have a ton of fun with it

here is my team cpt shooting flame
Posted Image

unlucky soul number 1, hosed down at ION 05 i think, the last year we had both there
Posted Image

testing it before ION 05, as long as the wind wasnt blowing in our faces we could get a good 50 feet even further if the wind was at our backs
Posted Image

tree we tested it out with a few short blasts
Posted Image

unlucky soul number 2, when we ask you to surrender dont tell us to **** off and then try to run
Posted Image

and here is a video with the flamethrower
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TulLl8-B1_0

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#8 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

Man I love flamethrowers. I would be fine being hosed. After all, it doesn't hurt like a paintball. Really nice work Chibbs. I made a flamethrower myself one time. It is horrible if you don't have a team to help you out since it is so heavy and short range.

Seriously though, being a flamenwarfer is a hard job, and I give props to anyone who has the back endurance and skill to make and carry a flamethrower.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#9 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

I would be very angry if someone soaked me in the amount of paint. Oh well if I ever go to D-day I will be sure to stay either on the flame-throwers' side or well out of range.
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#10 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostDunceb4ll, on Dec 23 2008, 08:26 PM, said:

I would be very angry if someone soaked me in the amount of paint. Oh well if I ever go to D-day I will be sure to stay either on the flame-throwers' side or well out of range.

like i said we dont do the flamethrower anymore too annoying

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#11 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

That's too funny! We've joked about using colored water in a supersoaker as a flamethrower.....LOL

The practicality of it seems nil. And, while half of the people would laugh it off, the other half would be ticked. Too bad too. It is a HILARIOUS concept!
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#12 User is offline   foodawg 

• Some days a cynic, Some days a pessimist!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Foodawg

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:13 AM

I would think a bug sprayer with a stream nozzle would be a good simulation. In stead of using a hand pump to pump it up, use a scuba tank with a regulator to give a good supply of air.

Oh, and the reason the military doesn't use flame throwers so much any more is that when one got shot wearing a flame thrower, one tended to become a marshmellow, or roasted long pig as the case may be. Not because it wasn't affective.

The invention and improvements in grenade launchers and guided rockets provide a greater advantage now days.

#13 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

Yeah, we use bunkerbusters instead of flamethrowers. But I think the issue was not what equipment to use for a PB flamethower, as the pictures so eloquently demonstrate, but whether it was practical. The conclusion being that making the paint was too much hassle. Plus I would think that after your 4th irate opponent you'd be ready to give it up.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123

#14 User is offline   foodawg 

• Some days a cynic, Some days a pessimist!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Foodawg

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

View PostI.K.E., on Dec 31 2008, 01:55 AM, said:

Yeah, we use bunkerbusters instead of flamethrowers. But I think the issue was not what equipment to use for a PB flamethower, as the pictures so eloquently demonstrate, but whether it was practical. The conclusion being that making the paint was too much hassle. Plus I would think that after your 4th irate opponent you'd be ready to give it up.

I don't think the Japanese and the Germans were too happy with the guys that used the real ones either, but they didn't stop just because the opponents got a little irate.

....Sorry. I couldn't resist.

This post has been edited by foodawg: 31 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

#15 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

LOL.....too true.....Good thing we're not using real ones..... :happy:

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users