• You cannot reply to this topic

ebay Hong Kong Multicam review

#16 User is offline   vatican 

• Respect, Earned never given!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:vatican

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:31 AM

i have a pair also that just came and i wish the army went to these instead of the acu's. i bought them from a company in texas on the 19th and they were here this morning. all i need is a vest and booney hat
sic vis pacem para bellum

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
-George Orwell

#17 User is offline   xscout 

• Texas OPFOR Team Leader
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xscout

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

View Postvatican, on Dec 21 2006, 12:31 PM, said:

i have a pair also that just came and i wish the army went to these instead of the acu's. i bought them from a company in texas on the 19th and they were here this morning. all i need is a vest and booney hat

Got a link to the company's site?

#18 User is offline   strain 

• lone wolf
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

I've been searching, but it looks like most of these places are no longer operating. Found this on the official Multicam website.

Crye Precision's fight against MultiCam® counterfeiters

October 5, 2006

We value our work and we value our customers. It is this commitment to our clients that is driving us to do everything in our power to stop the illegal sale of counterfeit MultiCam® and products that are made with counterfeit MultiCam®.

We are fighting this on several fronts…First we are stopping these groups from being able to sell through auction sites. (see sample letter from a counterfeit dealer below) Second we are taking the fight to their home bases by cooperating with local governments to physically raid and shut down illegal export operations of counterfeit MultiCam® in Asia. Third we are spreading the word to the community at large to protect honest work from counterfeiters… Please email any suspected counterfeit MultiCam® info to the following address legal@multicampattern.com and we’ll gratefully check into it.

Counterfeit products disrespect every honest company that is out there trying to innovate and provide quality products the right way. By investing in people that steal work from other companies, you are literally helping to destroy the company that created the work. We take this kind of threat seriously and are doing everything we can to eliminate it for the sake of our honest customers who shouldn’t have to unfairly compete with illegal counterfeit products.

To the end buyer, If you’re thinking it’s technically all the same, think again. MultiCam® works. Counterfeits don’t. Genuine MultiCam® is made from Mil-Spec materials to exacting specifications for visual and infra-red compliance. If you don’t see the trademark triangle hang-tag and the woven MultiCam® label, it’s probably counterfeit. Next time you think a piece of gear is too expensive, think about how long it might honestly take you to plan and build the same item, then think about how much you make per hour and do a quick calculation…if you’re honest with yourself you’ll realize that American made products are not expensive, they’re priced fairly. They’re just not as cheap as products made by people making fifty cents an hour. And they never will be, unless we stop investing in our own industries and end up working for fifty cents an hour here.

To our honest customers, we greatly appreciate you, and we are continuing to develop new materials and options for you (new this year: 330D, Ripstop, and MultiCam coatings) As for parties that deal in counterfeit MultiCam, this is your warning to stop now or get shut down

Caleb Crye
Managing Director
Crye Precision

Response letter from a counterfeit seller *

October 4, 2006

“Dear Crye Precision management,

My name is XXXXXX and I am the owner of eBay Account (XXXXXX).

This afternoon, our account was canceled and all of our listings were removed by eBay because of copyright and patent issues for the following items:

2700XXXXXXX - MULTICAM XXXXXXXXXXX Uniform XXXXX #XXXXXXXXX
2700XXXXXXX - MULTICAM XXXXXXXXXXX Pack XXXXXXX #XXXXXXXXX
2700XXXXXXX - MULTICAM XXXX XXXXX X Helmet Cover X #XXXXXXXXX
2700XXXXXXX - MULTICAM XXXXXXXXXXX PouchX XXXXX #XXXXXXXXX

Right now, our eBay account has been shut down and we can no longer selling and listing because of this issue. It really hurt our business as we have tens of employees rely on this eBay account for work. We will immediately remove these items that are infringing your company's copyrights and patents. Is it possible for you to notify eBay that we have resolved the issue and let our account back in place?

Best Regards,

XXXXXXX”

* Real names and Account Numbers are kept confidential for security purposes.

#19 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

thats a shame, I really wanted a pair, but really cant justify 200.00+ on a set.

Anyone want to sell a set to me? ;)

#20 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

View PostHellspawn, on Feb 8 2007, 03:44 PM, said:

thats a shame, I really wanted a pair, but really cant justify 200.00+ on a set.

Anyone want to sell a set to me? ;)

Multicam BDUs, apparently. There's another set on that site that costs a bit more but has more neck protection. $110. Thank me later.

-J'92

This post has been edited by Jaeger1992: 08 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#21 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:56 AM

View PostJaeger1992, on Feb 8 2007, 01:53 PM, said:

Anyone want to sell a set to me? :)

Multicam BDUs, apparently. There's another set on that site that costs a bit more but has more neck protection. $110. Thank me later.

-J'92

Very nice! thanks for that link, I somehow managed to overlook that site.
There is another set there for 140.00 called "TRU Uniform Set" any idea what the "TRU" is? and how it differs from the "BDU"? are these "genuine"? if not, I better order a set before they get yanked.

#22 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:11 PM

I don't know if they're genuine, but the TRU is something about Tactical and Uniform, I think. I believe the TRU set has pants that are more similar to actual military issue, and the jacket has a different neck/front thing, and perhaps different pockets. I don't think it's worth the extra money, though.

-J'92
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#23 User is offline   fenrisx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:21 AM

View PostHellspawn, on Feb 9 2007, 01:56 PM, said:

View PostJaeger1992, on Feb 8 2007, 01:53 PM, said:

Anyone want to sell a set to me? :P

-J'92

Very nice! thanks for that link, I somehow managed to overlook that site.
There is another set there for 140.00 called "TRU Uniform Set" any idea what the "TRU" is? and how it differs from the "BDU"? are these "genuine"? if not, I better order a set before they get yanked.

The ones listed as TRU are made by TRU-Spec using licensed Crye materials.

The BDU"s are still in questions since Crye doesn't offer a 65%poly/35%cotton material. So I'm not sure about those. The TRU's will be in stock this week, but they won't have the BDU's in until April. Order accordingly.

I had originally ordered the BDU's and was charged the normal $109 price. I emailed them about the differences and they told me what I just told you. I also switched my order over to the TRU's and only had to pay the 'good to go price' then.

#24 User is offline   tacwraps 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

I bought a set of copy-cat multicams. Good thing they were cheap, because half way into my first day on the field in them, the stiching began to unravel in places. Now, waiting on a real set from Propper.

#25 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Tru-Spec's traditional-cut BDUs in Crye Multicam reviewed here:

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=109502
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#26 User is offline   dhallak 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

If anyone at all, isnt sure how nice a full set of multicam is, I got my tactical shirt from "Multicamguy" I think his name was, or multicamman, on ebay. It's the one that has the arms, upper torso and neck,.. but a very breathable mid torso and abdomen, like a biking shirt, to be worn under a tactical vest. I didnt know it was going to be coming from hong kong, and was suprised when my package got here finally after 3 weeks. Unfortunately,... when I picked XL for my shirt size, i didnt realize that the dang thing would be coming in an XL for a malnutritioned vietnamese kid. I weigh 200 pounds,.. and the XL was faaaaaaaar to tight for me to wear, though all of my shirts are XL and comfortable. My petite wife, who works out all the time, runs, bikes, and goes to the gym, is 5'7 and 125lbs. She put my "XL" tactical shirt on, and it was snug on her. If the XL was snug on my 125lb wife, you could imagine how it was on me at 200lbs. I had to end up going to sport chalet, buying a similar athletic shirt that fit, and take the whole thing to a tailor to have them rip out the thin athletic shirt part that the tactical shirt CAME with,.. and sew in the new one that I just bought. Anyways,... despite that, with the new "shirt" in it, it is just friggin awesome!!!

I love the tactical shirt. If you are going to wear a vest, you should get this instead of the regular camo jacket/shirt. As this is much lighter, and will keep you cooler with your vest on.
The hong kong fabric, is the exact same as the fabric that I got from RAP4 with my multicam bandana's, and the same matching material that is on my multicam pants, from a different company.
They all, though from different companies, match up perfectly with the multicam vest and leg holster from specialopspaintball.
Now,.. if only someone would make multicam goggleskinz, I'd be a happy man B)

Attached File  DanielHalo1.jpg (259.14K)
Number of downloads: 20

And if anyone wants to Mod their mask to multicam, I was able to using the "hellspawn mask camo mod" from these forums
Owner, Lead Designer
Scenario Arms Paintball

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users