• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Early birthday present DTI- 15

#1 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

Theres always estate sells goin on down here, and you can almost always find a good deal on a good gun. Picked up a excellent condition DTI carbine last saturday. All but new, probably no more than a couple mags put through it. Ill get pics up soo, but its a bone stock 16 inch Carbine. Not an M4, but heavy barreled. I have yet to shoot it, will get to that just as soon as i can get my hands on some more ammunition :(

Anyone know any affordable optics i can mount on it? I plan to hunt with it, but i dont want a HUGE scope hanging off of it.

Specs:
DTI-15 Carbine.
CAA detatchable carry handle
Cammenga easymag.

Just thought id make it known that I FINALLY HAVE AN AR :tdn:
The Free 19th.

#2 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Pics? I know those are some hot rifles.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#3 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image
only pic for now, took it out and put a mag through it. functioned perfectly with the Cammenga. Seems to like longer ranges, it performed best at 100 rather than 25. What would you guys suggest for an opctic? Im leaning towards a small variable power scope as opposed to a red dot. I intend to hunt with this thing as well, so it needs to be able to draw light for low light shooting.

and just a side note... i really started to hate those irons really quick :P

This post has been edited by Kontract Killa: 13 February 2010 - 08:22 PM

The Free 19th.

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

View PostKontract Killa, on Feb 13 2010, 09:20 PM, said:

What would you guys suggest for an opctic? Im leaning towards a small variable power scope as opposed to a red dot. I intend to hunt with this thing as well, so it needs to be able to draw light for low light shooting.

What kind of budget do you have?

The Trijicon Accupoint sounds about perfect if you have the cash. The prices on that site are somewhat higher than you will be able to find them for - for whatever reason Trijicon's website lists their stuff high by a little.

Simply put, it's an illuminated variable power scope that never needs batteries.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 13 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#5 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

Im familiar with Trijicons products, but not because i own any... they tend to be a bit too pricey for my budget :P Im not too sure what im willing to spend, no more than a couple hundred... im a student with chapmaigne taste on a beer budget.

I cant decide if i want to go with a Houge free float tube in OD or a quad rail model. This of course will come later, but im already mapping out what i want this gun to turn into. YHM seems pretty common, as does Midwest Industries. Im thinking Magpul furniture, MOE in OD. Im guessing the front sight will have to be removed for use with a scope? The A.R.M.S front sight interests me, whats the word pn them?

My dad and I did a comparison to a Ruger Mini 14, and its crazy how much better a weapon system this thing is. The Ruger seems more accurate, but as far as ergonomics and user friendlyness, the DTI is king.
The Free 19th.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users