• You cannot reply to this topic

IDC promaster? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rihlen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KrazySHOT

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

Is this a good speedball gun it is 250$, and well I read alot of reviews and alot of people say it is great but I have been looking around and their doesn't seem to be alot of upgrades for the IDC alos considering the Ion. I need some suggestions.
98% of the people on this forum will say that tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig.

#2 User is offline   bobaboy007 

• Rangers lead the way!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbsoldier007

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:38 PM

first, don't mean to nitpick, but its the ICD Promaster (Indian creek designs). Its a great gun, though not nearly as upgradeble as the ion, and probably not as durable. stock though it'll beat a stock ion.
Legacy: What will yours be? XO of Legacy
Sabre: If We Can't Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!

#3 User is offline   Rihlen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:48 PM

o okay well i want to be able to upgrade my gun in the future once i have more money so wud the Ion be a better choice?
98% of the people on this forum will say that tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig.

#4 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

Okay*cracks knuckles*, you are looking at the very proud owner of an ICD Promaster. This thing staight kills the Ion, murders it.

You are correct about the lack of upgrades for it, you know why? Because it doesn't need umpteen thousand upgrades to be a really sick marker, the Ion does. It has a blade trigger stock unlike the Ion. So that's an upgrade that you don't need to buy, whereas you would with an Ion. You can get a predator board, but why? The stock one is so good. There isn't a QEV (that I have seen), but again, doesn't really need one. I have a clamping feedneck, CP reg, Dye Boomstick and a CP direct mount. It's as tough, if not tougher than an Ion. The Promaster is metal whereas the Ion is plastic. Everyone and their mom has an Ion, why be a cow and follow the heard? Get a Promaster, all the noobs know what an Ion is but they don't know what a Promaster is. It's original, fast, small, light, comfortable and efficient. It's an all around great gun.

Negatives, meh I can't really find any. I played today with my Promaster, still pleased. Ahhh one negative, but seriously don't let this pursued you from buying it. You need an ASA, it doesn't come with one. So really you are looking at spending $50 on top of your $250. You will probably want a barrel and that's really all you need.

Seriously, Promaster recieves a 10/10 in my book. My A5 is now my backup gun. The Promaster is the real deal.

o okay well i want to be able to upgrade my gun in the future once i have more money so wud the Ion be a better choice?

Why would you want to spend money on upgrades, when if you by the Promaster, you won't need them. GET THE PROMASTER!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by DavidP1013: 19 August 2006 - 12:53 PM

Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#5 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

What do you mean it dosnt have upgrades. Icd underground has new ram asemblys and lpcs,it uses bushy valves and there are 4 of them,it uses freestyle triggers,it has an amazing bord by killa,it uses already existing barrel and feedneck threads,the reg is replacable and so is the bolt with bushy stuff. The only thing non replacable is the eye covers,body,and trigger frame.

#6 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

I think that he was comparing it to an Ion. It doesn't have all thoe "bolt on" quick mods that the Ion has.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#7 User is offline   Gwac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

It dosnt but it is a solid performer right out of the box and ups arent always a must to be good look at the dm6 there are like no new ups for it.

#8 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

I agree. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Hey Gwac, do you know where I can get a spike pin for my Promaster? Also, I was looking through icdunderground.com and I am really about to buy the volumized and lpc but where does the volumizer go on the gun?

This post has been edited by DavidP1013: 19 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

Team Krisis

#9 User is offline   Gwac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

THe lpc goes were ypur lpr goes just like other lpc but this one looks like its one unit only.
I couldnt find a spike pin but some say it dosnt last as long as regular ones.

rih whatis your take.

#10 User is offline   Rihlen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

Thank you guys for the info but does the ICD promaster have issues with Co2 like the Ion does?

#11 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

View PostRihlen, on Aug 19 2006, 04:23 PM, said:

Thank you guys for the info but does the ICD promaster have issues with Co2 like the Ion does?

DO NOT use co2.

#12 User is offline   Rihlen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

ok... but if I get the Promaster I won't be able to afford an HPA tank..

#13 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

View PostRihlen, on Aug 19 2006, 04:26 PM, said:

ok... but if I get the Promaster I won't be able to afford an HPA tank..

I would suggest either a different gun, or waiting until you do have money for HPA.

One more question, what type of hopper do you have? You will not be able to use a gravity fed on a Promaster.

#14 User is offline   Rihlen 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

I just have a basic hopper that I got when I bought my Tippmann98c awhile back....

#15 User is offline   Gwac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

see if you dont use anti siphoned co2 the ion will not work with it and ion or promaster you do need a fast hopper to take advantage of its speed or else its speed is useless.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users