Special Ops Paintball: Forged in Hell, Built to Destroy; Geisterjagers at OK D-Day '08 - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forged in Hell, Built to Destroy; Geisterjagers at OK D-Day '08 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#106 User is offline   Bond Chick 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

What was in the Ark of the Covenant this year?

Don't ask. I've seen the contents. It's not to be talked of by mere mortals.

Yes, I did place the highly revered Mankini inside.

But that is all I am allowed to mention. *shudder*

#107 User is offline   newtrip 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Newtrip

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

View PostBond Chick, on Jun 24 2008, 03:39 PM, said:

Haha Bond Chick, I have some great video of you placing the Mankini in the Ark. I'll have to send you a GJ DVD so you can see it along with the special pole dance that took place in the hooch. PM me your address and info and I will make sure you get a copy.

- Newtrip

#108 User is offline   Squirrel Commander 

• AKA Rocks, SP Bites!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Squirrel Commander

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

View PostVOZ, on Jun 23 2008, 06:52 AM, said:

While I have great respect for the GJs on the field, your ability to distort and warp fact post-event never ceases to amaze...

Sword Beach was never re-captured, though admittedly a strong German push did put the 3rd Infantry back on their heels for a time. Of course, that counter-attack was promptly crushed and full points for Sword were scored by the Allies.

And the GJs most certainly did not "waste the entire Commonwealth" in the open minutes of the game. In fact, just 12 people were shot out in the well-laid ambush we encountered. The 6th Airborne fought straight through the ambush and assaulted Caen, capturing it just 18 minutes into the game - resulting in a general German withdrawal from the area. When I did my head-count after we secured Caen I still had 38 of an initial 60 paras with me. Thus, 1 CAN PARA lost just 22 people in the first 20 minutes of the game, from the initial ambush through to the fall of Caen. Certainly the GJs should be proud of their well-executed ambush, but I would not indulge too much in hyperbole. The facts of the day militate strongly against your rather imaginative version of events.

Let's not forget that AOR South was wrapped up and secured in two hours by the CEF and 101st PF. While 2008 was a German victory, it was not won in AOR South.

The copied Commonwealth uniforms were a nice touch. We accept the compliment implied with the imitation. We had great fun infiltrating German lines claiming ourselves to be GJs. That kind of move, you see, can work both ways.

As always, a great pleasure to battle you folks in the field. I know we can always count on a quality engagement when we are facing GJs on the line.

Cheers, and see you in 2009!

GHOST
1 CAN PARA, 6 AIRBORNE
Commonwealth Expeditionary Force

WOW Ghost! I must have been hallucinating when I got to the DZ and it was full of commonwealth! Hallucinations would explain the early commonwealth reinsertion that backdoored Caen and enabled the early fall as well.

But, I digress, I'll try and lay off the LSD from now on!!

#109 User is offline   VOZ 

• **GHOST**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**GHOST**

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

View PostSquirrel Commander, on Jun 24 2008, 02:41 PM, said:

WOW Ghost! I must have been hallucinating when I got to the DZ and it was full of commonwealth! Hallucinations would explain the early commonwealth reinsertion that backdoored Caen and enabled the early fall as well.

But, I digress, I'll try and lay off the LSD from now on!!

When did you get to the DZ? What units were the CW in there from? The ambush in question only hit 1 CAN PARA and 9 BRIT PARA. In the DZ there would have been members of those two units, plus Pathfinders, Royal Marines, and Royal Artillery - none of which were present for the ambush. Moreover, depending on when you got there, there would have been casulaties in there from our attack on Caen - people eliminated in the assault on the town, not the ambush.

When we cleared the ambush we were down 14. When we cleared Caen we were down 22. By that logic the GJs should be proud of having inflicted more damage on us than the guys defending Caen did, but Caen still fell in 18 minutes, and we had more than enough horsepower to plough through the GJ ambush and then take the town in record time. Surely if the ambush had been half as successful as some seem to claim, taking Caen would not have been possible, and certainly not in just 18 minutes.

As to an early re-insertion, our first re-insertion was 6 minutes late, at Z + 00:36, long after Caen had fallen. We had to wait in Caen for our casulaties to catch up before moving out. If you have some concern about an early insertion, I suggest you get specific, and take it up with the staff. The refs runs the insertions, not the players. I would also note that our re-insertions occured from our drop zone, so if you saw refs leading players out of the dead box "early" that actually makes sense, because they had to hump it into the back woods before they could re-enter the game at our drop zone. I was not there at the dead box, so anything I say beyond this would be speculation, but if you have serious concerns and specifics, drop me a PM and I will take them up with our guys.

#110 User is offline   newtrip 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Newtrip

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:07 AM

View PostVOZ, on Jun 25 2008, 02:26 AM, said:

TL,DR

Here's an idea, Ghost. Why don't you stop thread-crapping in a GJ recruiting thread? What you're doing now really makes you come off as a sore loser. We both know that's not the case, right?

#111 User is offline   Squirrel Commander 

• AKA Rocks, SP Bites!
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:56 AM

VOZ,

I have been instructed that this subject need not be discussed outside of the Summer Staff Meeting. I will say that I am not making this up, and I saw this with my own eyes! Yes, they needed to leave the DZ early to hump it down to the gate, unfortunately they only made it to the SE corner of Caen. That is why the reinsert was early.

If you did not witness this, then don't dispute me, you weren't there. Maybe if you had been you would have stopped it, I would like to think that most of the CW plays with honor. I know I enjoyed battling you guys throughout the day!

I probably should not have brought up this particular issue, it's just tough to hear about how quick Caen fell when I know that a big group of un-honorable players played a big role in the fall. It may have fell just as quick, but it's just tough to swallow, I'm sure you understand. That is why it is best to play with honor, that way your accomplishments are not questioned. We GJ's are insane and pull alot of pranks, but on the field, if you're seen cheating you better pick another unit next year.

As to how many were eliminated during the first seconds of the game, I cannot speak to that, and those that can have not posted. Nor do we really need to get in an argument that petty!!

I apologize for my smart rebuke earlier. I enjoy playing against you guys!

Later!

#112 User is offline   VOZ 

• **GHOST**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**GHOST**

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

View Postnewtrip, on Jun 25 2008, 06:07 AM, said:

View PostVOZ, on Jun 25 2008, 02:26 AM, said:

TL,DR
Here's an idea, Ghost. Why don't you stop thread-crapping in a GJ recruiting thread? What you're doing now really makes you come off as a sore loser. We both know that's not the case, right?

Happily, as soon as the baseless bashing of guys who played hard and did well comes to a halt. Talk about sore losers? I have seen no end to the litany of excuses thrown out to explain why AOR South got rolled so hard and so fast. Does it really surprise you that we are going to challenge fiction and heresay, especially when in making such pronouncements, those at issue presume to somehow cheapen a solid victory with allegations of CW misconduct?

I have great respect for GJ leadership, and for the skills of the players in that unit, and give full credit where credit is due. The difference is, when we get our noses bloodied, we don't make excuses or slander against other units. We accept that we got beat and soundly at Brecourt, and that our opponents fought harder and with more determination at Colleville. That is what makes the game great. If you guys are going to rely on heresay and nonsense to recruit, then yes, expect to be challenged.

SQUIRREL COMMANDER - I respect you as an opponent and a player, and trust your account. I have spoken with others on this and it will be investigated fully. What I would stress, in the interim, is that players following ref guidance can't be blamed for a poor call by ref staff. Our guys are instructed to follow ref direction in the field. If there was a premature release somewhere, that is something which needs to be addressed to the staff, and you will have our full support in seeking remedy for next year. What I will not tolerate is people bashing the players who were simply following staff direction. Their conduct was not dis-honourable or purposefully malevolent. Fault here lies with the ref that guided them in and released them. I think that is a fair assessment, would you not agree?

I appreciate the cease and desist. I have had several convos on this with GHC and I think the point has been taken under advisement, so I leave it there. I am happy to work with my German counterparts to ensure all steps are taken to improve the game year on year, together with the staff. What I will not tolerate, clearly, is unsubstantiated or misdirected slander on my guys. They work hard, they obey the rules, and if they are caught cheating, they have to find another unit to play with.

Thanks again.

A pleasure, as always, to mix it up with you lads. I am looking forward to next year. And for the record - one of your guys just about had me in Caen. One of my aides ran over to me with a message and stepped slightly ahead of me to my left, and promptly took three rounds of sniper paint square in the face. If he had not taken that step, those rounds would have been square in my chest. One of you lads got robbed.

Cheers,

GHOST

#113 User is offline   Squirrel Commander 

• AKA Rocks, SP Bites!
  • PipPip

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

I hope we as GJ's have not made baseless claims against the CW! We respect your unit (Imitation is the best form of flattery, right? :laugh: ) and hope to run into you guys again.

Later!

#114 User is offline   Bond Chick 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

View Postnewtrip, on Jun 24 2008, 03:51 PM, said:

View PostBond Chick, on Jun 24 2008, 03:39 PM, said:

Haha Bond Chick, I have some great video of you placing the Mankini in the Ark. I'll have to send you a GJ DVD so you can see it along with the special pole dance that took place in the hooch. PM me your address and info and I will make sure you get a copy.

- Newtrip

Goodness, I just saw this. I definitely want that DVD! ;)

Address being sent via PM.

Thank you!

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users