• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E-vents has this ever happend to you?

#1 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

Hi all had kind of an unsettling event happen last saturday at the paintball fields and I'm asking around to see if its happend to any of you

A speedball friend of mine was out in the woods with me and I started shooting at him making him duck in his bunker, while a guy on his team was keeping me down in my bunker. My speedballer friend makes a dash for another bunker and after shooting several rounds his way he puts up his hand and walks out. I myself get out shortly thereafter and go to talk with him.

he looks at me and asks if theres any breaks, I looked him up and down and couldn't find anything on him and I asked what happend, since I know hes not a stranger to pain on the paintball field (speedball) when he says he got hit in the jaw. Its about that time I notice there is orange paint coming out of the front vents of his Empire E-vents and when he lifts up his mask a broken paintball shell falls out.

he also has a nice big welt on his jaw and paint splatter covering his face, what we can only assume happend was that the paintball hit underneath his mask, bounced off of his jaw then broke on the inside of the front of the mask.

I know that we are trying to get more and more form fitting masks, and I'm not trying to spread propoganda saying that E-vents are un-safe, but rather to see if this is more than just an isolated incident and if it needs to be presented to Empire and see about a re-make of the mask to allow for less undershots of masks.
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#2 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

View PostGalihad, on Nov 13 2007, 03:06 PM, said:

Hi all had kind of an unsettling event happen last saturday at the paintball fields and I'm asking around to see if its happend to any of you

A speedball friend of mine was out in the woods with me and I started shooting at him making him duck in his bunker, while a guy on his team was keeping me down in my bunker. My speedballer friend makes a dash for another bunker and after shooting several rounds his way he puts up his hand and walks out. I myself get out shortly thereafter and go to talk with him.

he looks at me and asks if theres any breaks, I looked him up and down and couldn't find anything on him and I asked what happend, since I know hes not a stranger to pain on the paintball field (speedball) when he says he got hit in the jaw. Its about that time I notice there is orange paint coming out of the front vents of his Empire E-vents and when he lifts up his mask a broken paintball shell falls out.

he also has a nice big welt on his jaw and paint splatter covering his face, what we can only assume happend was that the paintball hit underneath his mask, bounced off of his jaw then broke on the inside of the front of the mask.

I know that we are trying to get more and more form fitting masks, and I'm not trying to spread propoganda saying that E-vents are un-safe, but rather to see if this is more than just an isolated incident and if it needs to be presented to Empire and see about a re-make of the mask to allow for less undershots of masks.

I've never had a problem with mine, in fact I love mine. I wont lie however, they dont cover much. I've never seen it happen but I see how it could. A cheek shot isnt going to really hurt you. I really just dont want to get shot in the eyes, nose, ears, mouth. As long as those are covered you are pretty much safe from injuries. Althougha cheek shot wouldnt be pleasant, it certainly wont scare me from the mask.

#3 User is offline   ks~gunner 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

I personaly don have one but one of my teammates has one. And as 508 said they dont protect very much at all. I have never heard anyone getting shot ing the jaw but with the empire on you hear about a lot of neck shoots and even a couble of ear shoots(because the rubber peice on the side is so close to your ear.

#4 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Nov 13 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

View PostGalihad, on Nov 13 2007, 03:06 PM, said:

I've never had a problem with mine, in fact I love mine. I wont lie however, they dont cover much. I've never seen it happen but I see how it could. A cheek shot isnt going to really hurt you. I really just dont want to get shot in the eyes, nose, ears, mouth. As long as those are covered you are pretty much safe from injuries. Althougha cheek shot wouldnt be pleasant, it certainly wont scare me from the mask.

Oh believe me, if you have braces a shot to the cheek can send one of the brackets straight through your skin.
My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#5 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

i endured such a shot, two in fact, without the marker or the player at hand chrono-ing his fps rate down
two shots to the jaw, at anywhere from 350 to 400+ fps, it was fast, and thats good, seeing how i felt a lil pain, then nuthing afterwards, players noted he was using green paint, no red, and saw that i was oozing red blood down my right side of the mask, they imidiately asked me to see the field doc, and i noted i don't feel anything, and that i've felt harder hits to the face, during fights that took place in the past times, he was glad they did not peirce nor penetrate my skin, most would have, considering he shot me from less than 20 ft away, as much as i wanted to play some more, they kept me still and treated my wounds, afterwards i rejoined the game, while they got ahold of the player responsible for the incident

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 15 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#6 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:37 AM

View PostDZ Unit-1, on Nov 15 2007, 12:41 AM, said:

i endured such a shot, two in fact, without the marker or the player at hand chrono-ing his fps rate down
two shots to the jaw, at anywhere from 350 to 400+ fps, it was fast, and thats good, seeing how i felt a lil pain, then nuthing afterwards, players noted he was using green paint, no red, and saw that i was oozing red blood down my right side of the mask, they imidiately asked me to see the field doc, and i noted i don't feel anything, and that i've felt harder hits to the face, during fights that took place in the past times, he was glad they did not peirce nor penetrate my skin, most would have, considering he shot me from less than 20 ft away, as much as i wanted to play some more, they kept me still and treated my wounds, afterwards i rejoined the game, while they got ahold of the player responsible for the incident

i would consider your self lucky. That could have very easily hit you in the neck which could of cuased severe injury i'd imagine at that range and velocity.

#7 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

see this is the kind of thing I'm worried about people who have this sort of thing happening, since we are getting smaller and smaller masks with slimmer profiles I don't want to see some tourny player getting bunkered at 15bps and not having proper face coverage since it would be a huge blemish on the paintball name. I'm not saying we need to be wearing space helmets (unless its a mars scenario :laugh: ) but we need enough protection to save our faces not just our eyes
Sabre #117

#8 User is offline   kubihibi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kubihibi

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:41 PM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Nov 15 2007, 11:37 AM, said:

i would consider your self lucky. That could have very easily hit you in the neck which could of cuased severe injury i'd imagine at that range and velocity.

Severe? How about overstatement?

#9 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

View Postkubihibi, on Nov 16 2007, 02:41 PM, said:

how is that an overstatement? at the range and velocity described its quite possible to rupture some of the blood vessls in your neck. Last time I checked internal bleeding was a bad choice
Sabre #117

#10 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

View Postkubihibi, on Nov 16 2007, 01:41 PM, said:

Did you happen to read the velocity and range? I'm going to guess you didn't. Either that or you don't have even the slightest clue of what you are talking about.

#11 User is offline   J.W.Pepper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 November 2007 - 05:41 AM

Dude, ive been shot in the neck ALOT and my blood vessels are perfectly fine. The areas of concern while playing paintball are the eyes and the temples, which is why we wear masks. If i remember correctly, no one has ever died from getting hit with a paintball gun. So in agreement with woodsball, you really dont know what your talking about.

There is always an opening where a ball could get through. If he was looking slightly up or to the side, i could see how a ball could get underneath a mask.
South Eastern Pennsylvannia Paintball Community www.sepapaintball.com
T-E-A-M R-A-G-N-A-R-O-K WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS...
www.teamragnarok.com
SPONSORS:
http://www.WDP.tv| http://www.JtSports.com| http://www.FogTech.com| http://www.Jassepaintball.com| http://www.HooahBar.com| http://www.HoffmanPaintball.com| http://www.StrategyPlus.com

#12 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:59 AM

View PostJ.W.Pepper, on Nov 17 2007, 06:41 AM, said:

Dude, ive been shot in the neck ALOT and my blood vessels are perfectly fine. The areas of concern while playing paintball are the eyes and the temples, which is why we wear masks. If i remember correctly, no one has ever died from getting hit with a paintball gun. So in agreement with woodsball, you really dont know what your talking about.

There is always an opening where a ball could get through. If he was looking slightly up or to the side, i could see how a ball could get underneath a mask.

I understand what you are saying, I myself have been subject to the joys of bonus ball neck shots (4 in the same place you can still see the mark) however at the distance 20ft and the velocity 300+ a neck shot could indeed do internal damage if hit in the correct places in the neck

one of the reasons we have a very low fatality rate in paintballing is because we are concerned with saftey, just because something hasn't happend doesn't mean it won't

again if he was looking up a ball could get up underneath his mask, but he wasn't, he was running at an angle towards me and for much of the run looking straight at me. I wouldn't bring it up if I didn't think it was a big deal
Sabre #117

#13 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:20 PM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Nov 16 2007, 08:59 PM, said:

View Postkubihibi, on Nov 16 2007, 01:41 PM, said:

Did you happen to read the velocity and range? I'm going to guess you didn't. Either that or you don't have even the slightest clue of what you are talking about.

i get shot in the neck all of the time and we never chrono when i play in my barn. this is when some kid bunkered me [less than 10 ft. away]. nothing more than a red mark. i got hit about an inch left of my adams apple.

now i guess if he was shooting really hot [~400 fps], you got hit in the mid section of the neck at less than 20 ft away, i guess there would be a chance that you could rupture a blood vessel. it would be extremely bad luck to have all of these things to happen, causing such an injury.

plus, fields usually have a chrono range to prevent such a series of unfortunate events. no one has ever died from a ruptured blood vessel in the neck from a paintball. and i'm sure many people have been shot in the neck with a hot gun.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#14 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:49 PM

i have heard of people dying from being shot in the neck from a paintball gun. it was a while ago so i cant really remember the story

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#15 User is offline   kubihibi 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kubihibi

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Nov 16 2007, 08:59 PM, said:

Ok Keep it polite, unless it is in a major organ, a burst blood vessel won't "hurt" you. And a paintball will not crush your trachea. At most you will have a "bruise" for about 2 weeks, a little blood, and some choking right after being shot. And don't dodge the filter. Warned. - proto

This post has been edited by protocoach: 20 November 2007 - 01:03 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users