• You cannot reply to this topic

Blazer Leak! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

Ok well I just bought a 1k Blazer and it's leaking.

Posted Image

That isn't my gun, but it's leaking from a hole in the body right under the hump which is right under the thumb screw for the barrel clamp. From what I understand there is a valve there to vent overpressure. My problem is, I'm out of air but will be going to the field tomorrow, and need to know how to fix it when I get there. I want to know what to set the screw to adjust that at, along with the pressure screw for the stabilizer, and then how to chrono the gun. Any and all info would be helpful thanks.

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

If it's just from over pressurization, backing out the lpr screw (right hand side) should solve that.

As for chronoing there are a few different ways, Legato could probably fil you in better.
What I do (as a clean start such as after a complete break down/rebuild.

RVA 2 turns in from flush with the back of the endcap.
Start with regs closed
Add air
Turn main reg to 300 (2k so you may want 400ish)
Hold trigger turn lpr until bolt is flush with back of marker and/or hammer latches on sear then turn 1/4-1/3 turn more. Pushing forward on the p-block should be a bit firm but still movable/squishy
Then bring the main reg up until I'm shooting at @ 260-270fps normally reg reads somewhere around 330-340.
Normally I don't need to touch it for quite a while.

Other start at a certain pressure then use the rva to try to reach the correct velocity.

#3 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:03 PM

I have no gauge...

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

MT is right about over pressure. Turn down the LPR a smidge. PPS recomends setting the LPR so that when you push on the master link (the piece taht holds the bolt and cocks the hammer) that it feels like a super squishy rubber ball. Soft, yet firm. Like MT said, turn the LPR off, then raise it slowly til the marker cocks reliably, then do 1/4 turn to 1/2 turn more.

As for the Stab setting....If you don't have a gauge don't mess with it. Just use the RVA on the bottom tube. Once you get a stab...i want to say start at 400 or 500 psi. I forget which. Pre 2k blazers ran at a higher psi, 400-500 or 500-600 psi. I forget which. A quick trip to their website can confirm one or the other.

You can take the time to sweetspot the reg if you want, will take 10 min and a few hundred rounds. But mostly PPS just recomends to set the reg in the general area and use the RVA from then on. If you want a procedure in sweet spotting the reg, so it's most effecient, let me know..i can tell you.. But it will just take you some time at the field. Just understand most effecient doesn't neccessarily mean quietest.

edit to sweetspot the reg, ,turn the RVA in 2 turns like MT said, then lower the reg til it stops working and is at zero, counter clockwise turning. Now slowly raise the pressure of the reg, turn the allen wrench clockwise. 1/4 turn at a time. Fire 3-5 shots to balance the reg out, then chrono...Keep raising the reg pressure, fire the 3-5 shots to balance, then chrono until your FPS starts dropping. As in you were shooting 300 fps, then you turned 1/4 turn more and now you are shooting 280 fps. Once the FPS starts dropping, turn the reg back to where it was. That is your sweet spot. That is the most effecient your marker can get. Do not adjust it any higher. Now use thte RVA to set your FPS from then on. DO NOT touch the main Stab. Also you MUST fire the 3-5 shots in between adjustments to give the reg time to stabilize...those first 3-5 shots will be all over the place, after that it they will remain consistent

When raising the Pressure, don't worry about how hot you are shooting. If you are over 300 FPS while doing this, so what...you willl lower it later once you find the most effecient spot. Like i said, the RVA will be your main velocityguide from then on out. Adjust the LPR also once you have finished messing with the main reg, as the LPR settings could be different. LPR does not affect velocity...just how hard the marker recocks. If you ned any help or explanation just ask

This post has been edited by Legato: 14 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:37 AM

Alright thanks. Yea I'm going to set it up to be as quiet as possible, and a gauge really would help. What I think I'm going to do is turn the LPR off, unscrew the stabilizer and put the tank straight into it and open it up until it gets like you said, then put the stabilizer on and do the same thing, then use the RVA.

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

why bother putting the tank directly into the Vertical ASA??? :dodgy: Especially if you are only going ot use it with the Stab later? Just sweetspot the stab, or get a gauge, set it to desiered low PSI and forget it.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

How will I know how to sweet spot it when I don't know what to set the stab at in relation to LPR.

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

Turn the stab off, as in turn it down to zero psi output, you do this by unscrewing the set screw, counter clockwise. Once the reg turns off, you slowly raise the PSI of the reg 1/4 turn at a time, firing and seeing hwere you are. You just keep raising PSI til you finally drop FPS. Then you know you just passed your sweet spot. TUrn it back 1/4 turn and don't adjust it agian. That is your most effecient. If you want quiet though, this might not be that. For that, you'd need a gauge. For quiet, just set the reg at the lowest operating pressure where it will still fire decent FPS.

YOu adjust your LPR after you have set your main reg, not before. The LPR works off the main regs output. So adjusting the LPR without the HPR being there will just make it wonky once you add the HPR into the mix.

Leave the stab on it. Sweet spot the reg. then adjust the LPR as needed once your reg is set and desiered FPS is keyed into the RVA

and like i said, for quiet...get a gauge...and set it to the lowest setting it can run at. I want to say it's 400 or 500 PSI. PPS can confirm one or the other. Just understand quietest will use more gas then a sweet spotted reg, which will be most effecient, just louder.

This post has been edited by Legato: 15 August 2009 - 11:54 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users