Special Ops Paintball: Blown air out the top of an HPA tank - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blown air out the top of an HPA tank What does it mean? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

I just hooked up a 47/3000 tank t my marker, fired off some rounds, then when I took the tank off it blew air out the top of the tank until it was emptied.

I'm assuming some seal or o-ring must have blown in the regulator, is that what I should logically conclude?

Since it's just a 47/3000 steel tank...I guess it's time to get another one because to send it in to be rebuilt would cost my about the same as getting a tank in good condition or new off Ebay.

Dang it. I already had two tanks in for hydro, 2 new ones on the way...this was supposed to be the air tank I could use in the meantime. :)
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#2 User is offline   gibson0822 

• Distraction
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

Is it coming from the pin hole? I got a DXS tank that when cold the pin sticks and drains the tank. Not sure if there is a way to fix it though.

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

If its just the pin, then you you can just keep it on your gun. HPA tanks can still be filled while they're on guns.

My guess would be one of the burst disks though. Was the air coming from one of the hexagonal brass (I think they're brass atleast) parts up top? If so, that just needs to be replaced.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Mar 8 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

My guess would be one of the burst disks though. Was the air coming from one of the hexagonal brass (I think they're brass atleast) parts up top? If so, that just needs to be replaced.

QFT

If it was leaking out of one of these then just replace it.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

My tank just started doing that... turned out that the actual pin that depresses when you screw the tank into the gun was loose, and I had to wiggle it a bit to get it to stop. I eventually had a pro shop fix it.

#6 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

View PostBecc, on Mar 8 2010, 10:07 PM, said:

My tank just started doing that... turned out that the actual pin that depresses when you screw the tank into the gun was loose, and I had to wiggle it a bit to get it to stop. I eventually had a pro shop fix it.

ya , sometimes that pin can get some junk caught in there that causes it to keep from seating and all you have to do is to take a small screwdriver and depress it fully to blow out the dirt, or paintball chips or whatever and it will re-seat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users