• You cannot reply to this topic

first marker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   nosut 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:nosut

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

Hi name stephen let me just start you off with my paintball history (since it wont take long).

I Started playing not very long about maybe about 2-3 months ago at this point. When I started playing I was given an A5 by a guy I work with. Now dont get me wrong its a good marker except it just does not meet what I really want. Now Im getting my taxes back soon and will have like $600 from that so Im looking into a marker that I can really call my own. I went to a field (camp paintball) and noticed that besides for me everyone was using electro markers. I got to try some of theirs and i really liked them. Besides being a faster shot and a bit more accurate then my own they had one big advantage over mine. They were QUIET. So having decided that I could afford it I have decided on a new marker.

First let me say that Im not partial to any special marker or maker. From what I have seen this is just what i think and please feel free to recommend anything else.

I was looking and saw the smart parts EOS was the best marker in my price range (feel free to reccomend something you think is better). So getting to the main point of the conversation is. What are some main things that I would need to get if i wanted this marker.

Here is how I normally play.
I dont usually fire lots of paint but I like to have the ability to sling with the best.
I have OMNIpat camo and like to go quiet and unnoticed. (Fire once with the A5 and the whole field knows where I am)
I dont normally crawl but I am also hardly ever standing up.
I clean and take care of my equipment so it has to take a little ware but im always carful.
I like to be able to mess with the setting if the need comes up.
I like it to be accurate. (Im a decent shot not the best but i hate it when the paint has enough curve to hit me in the back)
Any other questions needed before recommending something feel free to ask.

So I know I might need like an electronic hopper and other things. So please let me know what you might recommend.
Also if you can any information at all about general electro markers would be helpful as i really dont know anything about them since Im so new to paintball. Right now my knowlage is this. They fire paint and the A5 is loud. lol. So if you recommend a marker could you please explain why and if i where to get it what are the basic things i would need to purchase with it. (like if it does not come with a hopper would i need a hopper and what type) things like that.

Thank you very much
stephen

#2 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

First, welcome to paintball and to the forum. And thank you for one of the better written intros and request for advice. :)

I too started with the A5. I played with mine for the better part of three years. I recently "upgraded", not b/c I was unhappy, but I needed something lighter due to elbow surgery. I've never been a fan of electros, but I realized that it would be the best way to go. (Automag fans don't flame me, please. There just aren't that many had here so I had no experience with them. :() It sounds like we play in much the same manner. I usually wear Omnipat Fusion pants and a khaki t-shirt (though I did wear the omnipat top during a recent scenario game). I found my dream marker in the Invert Mini. I got mine in Olive Dust and it is wonderful. It's coloring works great in the woods with no reflection. I use a Velocity Jr hopper and a 68/4500 tank. I can easily get more than a 1000 rounds on one tank fill. The trigger on the Mini is smooth and easy to work for semi rounds, but can shoot ropes if you need that extra firepower. :D

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...FkAAAEU3jM9oVFn
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...AAAEOirM0w%2e13

One piece of advice...when you decide which marker you want, don't fall for the constant streams of upgrades. Get it, play with it stock for while, then do you research about what upgrades you want to try. Not all "upgrades" are truely upgrades. I had a friend up an aftermarket bolt in his Mini, then had it explode in to pieces the first time he aired it up. :o

Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#3 User is offline   nosut 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

First off thank you for the welcome and the informative reply. I do however have a question regarding your 68/4500 tank. I understand the electro hopper/loader for faster feeding. The thing im not really getting is the tanks. What does it mean when you say 68/4500 tank. The only thing I have used is a pure energy 9oz. CO2 tank and thats just fill it and go. Now I have used a Mini a bit I did like it(someone at a field let me test fire one). However i dont understand the High pressure Air and Low pressure Air system. I have seen HPA tanks with like ratings like ###/3000 or like ###/4500. How do I know if a tank is high pressure or low pressure and how do I know what the marker needs?

#4 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

Sorry, should have explained the air tanks better. The first number (in this case 68) is the size in cubic inches. The second number (4500) is the pressure of the tank. A 68/4500 is a tank that will hold 68 cubic inches of air at 4500 pounds per square inch. A 68/3000 will hold less air than a 68/4500. Also, tanks rated to 4500 psi are usually made of carbon fiber (the 3000 are usually steel) which will be lighter.
The issue with Low Pressure vs High Pressure... most electros can run on high pressure. Very few (the Angel is the only one that comes to mind) requrie Low Pressure. HPA is the most common tank out there. The instruction manual for the Mini says that the marker can be run on either Low or High pressure. It recommends Low pressure, but the advantages are negigible. Some people say that Low pressure can increase your efficiency, but I'm not sold on that. Mine has worked perfectly with HPA.
Aloha, Doug

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERS...ewAAAD3x2elA_2t
Here's a good tank at a pretty good price.

This post has been edited by dougdeb: 27 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,

#5 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

I really like the Proto Matrix Rail. It's lightweight, quiet, has plenty of settings, a nice trigger, it's accurate...and it's only $250 for the basic marker with a 2 piece barrel. They will be producing the PMR special edition again soon, so I would wait for that.

#6 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

My wife has the PMR too. She loves it. She liked the Mini, but the PMR (with the Ultralite Frame) really fit her well. She hated the stock trigger and grip. The basic PMR doesn't come a two piece barrel (the SE does) but the stock barrel is pretty good.
Aloha, Doug

#7 User is offline   nosut 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

Ok well thanks to you guys I have learned some new stuff. I looked up tanks and loaders. I like a crossfire 68/4500 HPA tank and the halo b loader does not seem to bad. From what has been recommended though it looks like no one thinks the EOS is any good lol(not that anyone has commented on it). Everyone is telling me Mini or PMR. If you could though what is the difference. I have looked at them both and besides looking also the same the stats seems pretty close also. What would you comsider to be the main difference between the two markers? Plus if you like one over the other could you explain why please? To top off this set of questions could you tell me what exactly the ultralite frame adds to the PMR. Everywhere I have read its PMR ultralite frame and never just PMR and I am wondering if it makes is that different.

Sorry for so many questions its just I want to get the best for my buck just like everyone else.
Thanks for sticking with me
stephen

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users