• You cannot reply to this topic

68 Classic vs. X-Valve... Need differences... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Vertisce 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Vertisce

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

Ok here is the thing. Last year I bought a mag off of E-Bay. Mostely because I didn't have the money to outright purchase a Tac-1. It's an older styled Mag with the 68 classic valve. As far as I can tell the valve still works. If it doesn't then it's only a mater of a few internal parts that are cheap to replace. I can put a level 10 on it which I intend to do. It came with a very nice Benchmark grip. Single trigger with safety. Very comfy so I plan to stick with it and get the rail and body from a Tac-1 and match the parts. I and almost certain the 68 Classic valve will fit the Tac-1 body. Now the only thing I am unsure about is the valves performance compared to the X-Valve. Weight is not a concern for me. I know the X-Valve cannot use Co2 but the 68 Classic can. Not a big deal since I use Air. The only difference I think there could be between the two is maybe the fire speed...but internally both valves are the same and I cannot see how it would make a difference. In the long run its a matter of just saving a couple hundred on a X-Valve and I may end up buying one someday but its at the bottom of my list.

Any information on any of the above information is appreciated. If I am incorrect on any of it please let me know. Any advice is also appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Automaggot #106

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

The biggest difference for you will be in the recharge rate of the valves. Classic valves at high rates of fire will experience a slight drop off effect as the valve won't recharge quickly enough to get a full powered shot.

In most cases this isn't an issue as the trigger of classic valves usually limits the shooter to a rate of fire where the drop off is unnoticeable. The trigger is the next largest difference. Overall the trigger in an X-Valve will be lighter and require maybe about half as much force to operate. This difference can be further enhanced by the use of a ULT trigger modification. This modification is only available for X-Valves and brings the marker's trigger pull to the point where it's just barely walkable.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Vertisce 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:55 AM

Ok...thats good then. I can probably live just fine with the Classic valve since I don't spray a lot of paint. Since the marker will be a Longbow in the end it probably won't matter that much more. Thank you for the input.

Automaggot #106

#4 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

The valves are not internally the same, or they'd be the same thing. They're very different.
classic valve
RT valve
The X-valve is an RT valve, which means it recharges at full pressure, and has the RT effect.
With air, you can get a classic valve to shoot plenty fast, but you'll need a pneuframe, or an e-frame.
BTW new X-valves come with the lvl10 bolt.
And yes a classic valve will fit in a tac-one body.
And just FYI, you don't need a new rail for the tac-one. They work and look just fine with the AM/MM rails.

#5 User is offline   Vertisce 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

Yes but I want to have the rail that is compatible with the Longbow shroud. Thus I need a new rail. Either way im working mass overtime to save the money to buy the marker. So I have a bit of time to decide what I want to do for sure.

Automaggot #106

#6 User is offline   Vertisce 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:25 PM

Question on the ULE triggers as I am rethinking on maybe getting an X-Valve. Can the ULE trigger be used in my Single trigger Benchmark frame? It has a safety as well if that matters. I am looking at it on AGD's site and can't see any reason why it wouldn't. It should also work with the Classic valve yes? But I don't see the point since the valve is limited in it's speed.

This post has been edited by Vertisce: 01 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

Automaggot #106

#7 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

The ULT isn't an actual trigger it is a modified on/off that goes into the valve itself it will work with any trigger the ULT will not work properly with a classic valve.

#8 User is offline   Vertisce 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

All I see on the AGD website is a ULE trigger kit. Not ULT...are you guys making a typo or am I looking at something else. Because the AGD site says the ULE kit works just fine with the Classic valve.

Automaggot #106

#9 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:21 AM

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cf...mp;categoryID=9

ULE Trigger kit gets abbreviated at ULT.

Part of the description:

** NOT suitable for use with Automag/Classic/Minimag Valves.

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#10 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

They will work with classic valves, they're just easier to short-stroke. If you shoot it right it should be fine. And if you get a modified sear it should be finer. I have one for sale, if you're interested, lmk. What it does is it trades trigger length for trigger weight, so you get a shorter pull (harder to short-stroke), but it's going to be a heavier pull. But since it's the ULT, it's probably still going to be a lighter pull than the stock trigger.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users