Special Ops Paintball: 99 Problems and a Hopper Ain't 1 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

99 Problems and a Hopper Ain't 1 Tacamo MK5 Mag Feed Conversion Kit Review/Testing (for Tippmann A5) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Well, here it is everybody. A word of warning it is long! I put 500 shots through the A5 kit and filmed every single one just so you can see for yourself wether it's firing reliably or not, rather than just hearing me say, "It fired 500 shots without jamming." and having to take my word on it. The downside is, it is f*cking boring to watch all those shots. So feel free to skip ahead. Aside from that I pointed out a number of issues with the kit including:

-The magazine's pressure detent is entirely too sensitive.
-The ball pusher in the magazine tends to jam in the ball detent after the magazine is expended causing problems during subsequent reloading of the magazine.
-The magazine release button is exceptionally poorly placed.
-The magazines do not eject even when the release is depressed. They have to be manually removed from the mag well, making for poor ergonomics and slower reloads.
-The magazine release has a tendency to jam and fail to lock inserted magazines.
-The system can not be effectively tac-loaded

All that considered, it's still fun to shoot and reloading in field is a DREAM. Hopper fed markers already feel like the dumb, muzzle loading musket/dinosaurs of paintball. But then again, to me, they always have.

Appearently YouTube took the liberty of reducing the video resolution for me, without notifying me. I guess because the video is so long. I still don't see why though since they claim to support a couple gigabytes and the video even at full resolution was only a mater of megabytes. None the less, horrible resolution, very long. Sorry about that. I'll make a chopped down version that doesn't include all the shooting and the MKV kit to get a better resolution video later. In the meantime any feed back would be appreciated and good luck with your kits!

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

I think that the 15* thing that i posted could help out. It looks like it would put enough angle on it to be out of the way...
Also, your mags seemed to stick a LOT more than mine did. I could drop mine out like you tried to demonstrate.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#3 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

"I'm all by myself with a camera.....this is gonna be awkward....." That's What She Said!!!!!!!!!!

SHORT BUS!!!!

Nice review.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#4 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Blarg Chicka Honk Honk
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#5 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

LOVE the topic title!

• How about some editing in the video?
  • Didn't you look at any of the pictures over the past year and notice how far the mag release was...this was very obvious and should not be a surprise to you,
  • of course your mags are emptying in you pouch, you are released the spring when loading them, WHY would you do this....and then correct it and leave it all in the the 40 min video?
  • if you don't have the correct parts for the 98 kit why are you "reviewing" it!

Your A5 looks to be a great kit, you just need to find a better paint and a better way to carry you mags (right side up).

#6 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

View PostCuy'val Dar, on 23 August 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

I think that the 15* thing that i posted could help out. It looks like it would put enough angle on it to be out of the way...
Also, your mags seemed to stick a LOT more than mine did. I could drop mine out like you tried to demonstrate.

Do you mean by connecting it to the tombstone and angling it backwards? Breaking out my MK5 and assessing right now haha! There's sort of a "cut" in the mag well to accomodate the steel line connection to the ASA of the tombstone, and it's just big enough to accomodate that connector. I could connect the 15* to the tombstone but I don't know if the cut for the stock air parts would actually fit it. I'd actually have to buy the part to see and I don't have money to spend on things I dont KNOW will work. But even then, that's right where the mag release extension is supposed to connect too, and it's more important to me to have the mag release extension because the stock mag release is just in the WORST place POSSIBLE. If I weren't planning on getting the extension I grab this idea and run with it... that's reall the only thing stopping me...

Besides, I kinda like the idea of having the first ever functional air in folding stock, and the first bullpup air marker haha! Assuming I can pull that mod off :dry:

What? Your mags eject smoothly without having to pull them out???? What the hell is wrong with mine? Maybe I just need to take some sandpaper to something?

View PostI.K.E., on 23 August 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

"I'm all by myself with a camera.....this is gonna be awkward....." That's What She Said!!!!!!!!!!

SHORT BUS!!!!

Nice review.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! That was SHORT BUS! But your comeback was

BRAIN TRUST!

Thankyou, thankyou!

View PostCuy'val Dar, on 23 August 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

Blarg Chicka Honk Honk

I believe that's pronounced, "Bown chicka wow wowwww!"

View Postsousey, on 23 August 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

LOVE the topic title!

• How about some editing in the video?
  • Didn't you look at any of the pictures over the past year and notice how far the mag release was...this was very obvious and should not be a surprise to you,
  • of course your mags are emptying in you pouch, you are released the spring when loading them, WHY would you do this....and then correct it and leave it all in the the 40 min video?
  • if you don't have the correct parts for the 98 kit why are you "reviewing" it!

Your A5 looks to be a great kit, you just need to find a better paint and a better way to carry you mags (right side up).

Hahaha! Thanks I felt it was pefectly appropriate!

• Yeah there is a lot of dead space. But like I said, I wanted people to actually be able to see for themselves this thing going through all the rounds. And I probably will butcher it and post a better more concise version, good call!
  • Of course we've all known how f'd up these mag releases were gonna be for a long time, if you go back to first posts in my Mag Feed Conversion Kits you'll see me and probably you too talking about it back then a year before the kits came out. But I can't just ignore an issue just because "everyone" already knows about it. I did note in the video that yeah, "everyone" DOES already know about it, and the company is coming out with a fix for it. But it's a review video, you have to note everything, or else what's the point?
  • The reason I was releasing the mag spring is because when I watched the RAP4 video Omar Macy TOLD me to release the mag spring after loading it. He didn't say, "it will release automatically when you insert the mag" he said *this is a step to loading the magazine, after you're done, release the spring* (that's paraphrased). So that's why I did it the first half of the video, frankly I didn't know any better myself. When I figured out, "Hey, manually releasing this spring before locking in the mag, and just carrying it around like that all the time is dumb." Then I stopped doing it and noted it in the video. Again you gotta address everything or esle why bother. If I knew before making the video instead of figuring it out in the middle, I would've included it when I first described how to load the mags and just done it right the whole time.
  • Again it goes back to my "address everything" policy. Yeah the vast majority of people out there will have a newer version of the 98 with the newer and compatible version of the sear. But there's still probably someone out there with a model that's older like mine, and for THAT guy this video will show him what to expect with his kit. But more importantly than that, I will take any excuse I can get to post slow motion video of anything firing on automatic... whether it technically works or not.
  • Yeah, I love it myself despite the flaws! Definently need better paint! The old stuff I had that shot the better groupings wasn't even that good, it was the cheap stuff at the pb shop! But the pb shop was closed that day so I got the cheap stuff at wallmart, you know, JT. It wasn't even much cheaper! If at ALL! and it sucked way more. I am bummed. Now I have a friggin case of that crap I have to shoot before I get more. As for the mag carry though.... NOOOOOOOOO! I will not carry them right side up. Upside down and forward is THE BEST way to carry mags for rapid reloading, and the whole point of mags is rapid reloading. So carry them differently is just A) wrong and B) kinda defeats their purpose. The damn mags should have been designed to work right when carried the right way (upside down) but since they weren't I'm just going to have to find a way to MAKE them work right when carried properly (upside down). Damn cRAP4 detent, they should've figured this out a LONG time ago when testing their T68's with the same damn system.

Unfortunately, though, there's this to consider. From the Magazine Feed Conversion Kits thread:
"Theres no way you can make a mag pouch that won't activate the detent on those mags. I mean even if you tailor make the bottom of the mag pouch to protect the detent, even a very slight amount of friction between that detent and the inside wall of the mag pouch is all it takes to activate the detent. And there's nothing you can do to make friction not exist... except maybe OIL the inside of your mag pouches haha! Not recommended!

The only thing that can make those mags more stable is redesigning the detent. It would be pretty simple to make a twisting detent and that should solve the problem. It would require pressure against an angled detent actuater in the mag well to actually put a TORQUE on the detent, which means nothing you could do to the mags in your mag pouch could actuate it. IE pressure alone won't do it, it has to be pressure at the right ANGLE to twist the detent, and you're not going to find that perfect angle in a mag pouch.

BUT I seriously doubt that RAP4 is going to redesign their long standing detent system now. They'll just say, "Store the mags upright." Which will work fine but it's just better for the reload to have them upside down, so I won't like that solution at all."

NOTE: I find myself regretting posting the video in that other thread before realizing I should just make a new thread just for it. Now there's related posts popping up in both threads regarding the same suggestions, feedback, and issues which I'm going to have to address twice now :dry: Fail on my part. Should I just edit my post in the other thread and just make it a link to this one, to consolidate them?

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 23 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Oh....and do you actually play games out there where you filmed? Looks like a pretty sweet place.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123

#8 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 23 August 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

Oh....and do you actually play games out there where you filmed? Looks like a pretty sweet place.

Dude, it is SICK! And with my folding stock (and my folding stock AND stubnose barrel, back when I had both), I used to SO BADLY have the drop on EVERYONE out there once they made the mistake of coming into any of the buildings! I racked up so many kills in those building just because of manuverability of my marker, it's not even funny. I think I've only EVER been eliminated from inside a building twice, and never without tagging at least one other guy first. Oh God, I'm SO BUMMED that my current air mounting is screwing that up right now!!! :(

It's my favorite place ever. It doesn't have a huge outlaw croud.

There's another WAY smaller forestish field on the other side of town that's always been WAY more popular. It's also WAY less awesome though because it's so small and there's no buildings. It used to be mostly woods and a little speedball course on the side. And because it was outlaw this was some LEGIT woods dude! THICK underbrush everywhere, a labrynth of tunnels cut into all the dense underbrush, fallen logs everywhere tha make great cover from the prone position, clearings with military style foxhole/bunkers dug into them, a huge tall grass clearing GREAT for belly crawling through and ambushing the sh*t out of the opposition if you've got some decent camo, a no-man's-land between the edge of the woods and a hill with some bunkers on it, and some underground bunkers in the no-man's-land, this place was dope. It wasn't your typical official field "woodsball" where all the uderbrush and fallen logs have been cleared out "Whaaa, triping hazards, safety issues, whaaa!" it's mostly just pallete baricades spread out feels just like any other speedball field that just happens to have some trees growin on it. Nope this was some WOODS woods. Anyway, it's a lot more popular because there's convenient parking for it. As a result as it's gotten more and more popular over the years, a huge chunk of the woods have been cleared and annexed into a bigger boring ass speedball area so it's gotten WAY less cool. Now it's mostly speedball with some woods on the side. And over the last three weekends I went I couldn't get anyone to go play in the woods, they all just wanted to do the speedball course, even though everyone there was all milsimmed out. Hell thinking back, even when it was mostly woods with some speedball on the side, it was still a pain in the ass to convince even my friends to go play in the woods section.

This abandoned buildings spot, you can't really go out to and find other people playing, which is a bummer for pickup games. I think way fewer people know it even exists, and of those most don't want to go. Technically it's illegal because it's part of the county flood control district, it's all fenced off. There are a lot of airsofters, painballers, and people that take offroad machines out there, so there's a fence that is always knocked down or cut out, it's been repaired and re-demolished by the outlaws several times, eventually the owners of the orange grove on that side just quit repairing it. But in any case, it's a little tresspassy to get there, it's a long hike to the buildings and less people know about it, just the really local locals, so if you want to play there you have to round up all the players you need, yourself. But once you do that, it's AWESOME!

Ultimately, the WAY cooler, WAY bigger field with a LOT of abandoned buildings of all sizes and shapes (not just the one you saw in the video) and lots of thickly brushed desert terrain is way less popular because even the people who know about it don't want to put up with the hike. Then the slightly less cool woods field is becoming a WAY less cool speedball field, and either way people refuse to play in the woods section anyway. Bottom line, paintballers in genral seem to be lazy half assed douche bags. They all just want a nice neat clean clear little flat spot with a fence around it and some simple barricades thrown up where they don't have to think to much about where they're going, why they're going there, or how they're going to outmanuver and outsmart their opposition, so they can play nice neat quick little dumbfire shoot em up games then waltz back to their air conditioned cars and sip iced mineral water. I never in a million years would've predicted this but I need more ex-military/military friends, because they seem to be the only people with the sac it takes (male or female) to play paintball out where the games get REALLY interesting, out in the ELEMENTS! But then you wind up with all your friend having PTSD and they can't play paintball any f*cking way, so it just all f*cking sucks.

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 23 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Wow....that sounds really amazing! Wish we had a place like that. Has anyone ever attempted to get permission to play there?

#10 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 23 August 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

Wow....that sounds really amazing! Wish we had a place like that. Has anyone ever attempted to get permission to play there?

The only people to ask would be the county and they would DEFINENTLY TOTALLY say NO. Officially speaking. The place is kind of a death trap haha! There's probably snakes, I've heard from friends who camped out in the abandoned buildings that there were bears out there, me and my cousin ouselves were nearly eaten by a mountain lion! I ALWAYS bring a big assed dive knife I got in the Navy. Hell, while I was shooting this review some wind blew something in that building and it sounded like some big animal walking around outside, I had to pull that knife and go check it out I was pretty scared, cut that out of the video haha! Not to mention in all the thick brush that grows everywhere there is cactus mixed in so you can't just run through it you always have to be carefull what you're doing. There's a million ways to break your ankle in the buildings, straight up holes in the floors with ladders going down. Must'be been some access we've found tunnels under some of the buildings. But mostly filled in. The holes are filled in with dirt and debris so they only go down a few feet. But that's enough to hurt yourself. There's deep tracks in the floors appearently for moving something very heavy through the buildings (used to be a rocket fuel factory and test facility for Lockheed Martin), the list goes on. So there's no way they'd let us officialy.

In any case, unofically we were aproached by county workers once and they told us they didn't care if we played there as long as we didn't light anything on fire. So that's pretty cool. All it takes is a change in personell to ruin that though, so we play on a razers edge hoping we don't get shut down someday :(

Oh and for the record: to date: absoluteley zero injuries. In almost ten years of playing there. Everytime I bring someone new, I take them on a safety walk through of whatever building we're playing, show them all the hazards, and just make sure they know that it's not worth it to win the game if they break their leg in the process. So just let people know what they're dealing with, and warn them to keep their wits about them/maintain good situational awareness and we've never had any problems. That doesn't work on an "official" basis though :dry:
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

Huh. Oh well. At least you get to play for now.

Wish I had a place and people to play with. I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and drive the hour and a half to the nearest field and just go play by myself. Otherwise I'll just be putzing in the basement the rest of my life.

#12 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 24 August 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Wish I had a place and people to play with. I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and drive the hour and a half to the nearest field and just go play by myself. Otherwise I'll just be putzing in the basement the rest of my life.

Yeah. One day I will get rich buy the land, disclaimer it and open it to the public haha! "Play at your own risk."

Pretty much everyone I know quit. So I didn't play for a while, then I went out to that popular woods place and met some people. They're too lame ass to go to the abandoned buildings or even play the woods side of the field which sucks. But at least I know someone I can play with somewhere. Just go out to that field that's far as hell away and meet someone there who lives closer to you. Or get people you know who live in town to start playing, then just cruise around looking for a spot. I'm sure you kind find someone and somwhere closer if you try.
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 24 August 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostI.K.E., on 24 August 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yeah. One day I will get rich buy the land, disclaimer it and open it to the public haha! "Play at your own risk."

Pretty much everyone I know quit. So I didn't play for a while, then I went out to that popular woods place and met some people. They're too lame ass to go to the abandoned buildings or even play the woods side of the field which sucks. But at least I know someone I can play with somewhere. Just go out to that field that's far as hell away and meet someone there who lives closer to you. Or get people you know who live in town to start playing, then just cruise around looking for a spot. I'm sure you kind find someone and somwhere closer if you try.

Probably so....but the last person I saw buying paintball stuff from our Walmart was a kid.....and I don't wanna play with kids. I know I know....real players don't buy from Walmart.....but it's all we've got.

#14 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 24 August 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

Probably so....but the last person I saw buying paintball stuff from our Walmart was a kid.....and I don't wanna play with kids. I know I know....real players don't buy from Walmart.....but it's all we've got.

Most definently so! What? No paintball shops in your town? What about sporting goods places? Big 5? Bass Pro Shop? What about that one with a funny name? What was it called? Oh yeah! Dick's! Haha! Dicks... what a dick!

Dicks is actually where I got my first/only gun back in the day! Back before I knew anything about paintball! Haven't you read this thread? I JUST epic failed zeroeing my sight 'cause I bought the cheap paint from walmart haha!

Anyway, I'm sure if you ask around at the field you'll find someone that lives near by you. And you can also recruit people you actually already know.

When I got my first gun I didn't know anyone who played paintball, or anywhere to play paintball. So I pretty much forced one of my friends to start playing haha! It's actually pretty horrible and easily the most manipulative thing I've ever done... because I never do manipulative thing except for this once haha! So I looked at my group of friends. One of them was "the cool guy" I knew I couldn't convince him to do anything he didn't already want to. The other guy was older, the quite type, and kinda goofy; you'd think he'd be a pushover but while he wasn't very assertive towards others he was pretty much rock solid in what he did or didn't want to do. If he didn't want to there's just no way you could convince him otherwise or pressure him to do it. So that wasn't going to work... And then the last guy in the immediate circle of friends was fairly nerdy and tried a little too hard to be cool, so I figured if anyone could be turned onto paintballing it was this guy. Well, after I got the gun I asked everybody once to get their own so we could play, they all said no, and I never asked the other two again haha! But this guy I hastled constantly to get a gun. I think it probably would've been really quick and easy to get him to get one, but there was one last factore I didn't anticipate, he had a wife! And did NOT have the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). So here's how I convinced him. First off I just told him, "If you go paintballing ONE time I gurantee you will love it so much you'll probably never stop going paintballing!" And I meant that, and that was before I had ever been myself! I just always knew from the idea of paintball, there's no way anyone "normal" can go have a day of shooting semi-painful projectiles back and forth with their friends and NOT have a kick ass time. Well anyway, that still wasn't enough because he said his wife would be pissed if she saw he spent a couple hundred on a gun, and she wouldn't let him if he asked her either.

That in and of its self is pretty damn weird if you ask me. I mean, I understand the concept of the WAF and it makes perfect sense to run things by your wife. But for her to have YOUR paychecks on COMPLETE lock down? Wow. I was like, "How does she even know what you're spending?" Joint bank account. Even that could make sense if your finances were tight. But this guy was a Second Class Petty Officer in the Navy at the time, which is just about the most stable damn paycheck you'll get from any organization in the world AND it's not a whole lot, but it's PLENTY, you know, not rich but not hurting at all AND being in the Navy ALL of this guys living expenses were taken care of, he never had to buy food, or pay his own rent, didn't have to commute at all AND his wife had a good job of her own too as I understand it.

Anyway, this guy just could NOT/WOULD not buy a gun without the WAF. And appearently he wasn't willing to convince her to give him the WAF. So I told him to get a $25 Brass Eagle pump from WALLMART mwahahahaha! And I told him if he just played once with that, no matter how bad the gun sucked, he'd have a kick ass time and would immediately go and GET the damn WAF and buy a real gun just because he'd want to go again and again. Then he used the excuse that I would just destroy him with my semi-auto A5 vs his cheap pump with 15 ball hopper. But eventually he did get that BE pump and then all we had to do was find somewhere to play. So we jumped in his car and just started cruising the Norfold area looking for a stand of trees big enough to play a good game in without drawing attention. We thought it'd be easy because if you stand basically anywhere in that city and it's suburbs you can see a big stand of trees somewhere nearby. But what we found is that all those trees you see EVERYWHERE aren't actually large areas full of trees they're ALL just narrow hedges of trees! They're rarely any wider than 20-30ft and in the middle of neighborhoods where we were worried people would call the police or a pasing patrol car would see us. Ugh. So we ended up driving around everyday for like a week, never actually found a good spot. So we decided to just go to an elementry school play ground haha! It was summer so there was no school at the time. We'd park around the corner, put the guns and masks in a duffle bag, walk to the playground, break out the guns and masks, take a few paces away from eachother, then turn and just light eachother up... or try to. Shoot off all the paint in our hoppers, throw the gear back in the back, briskly walk back to the car and take off before one of the randome soccer moms who lived in any of the houses that surrounded the school could call the cops hahahaha! It's SOOOO ridiculous I know, but we didn't know of any fields in the area so it's really all we had haaha! Well, in the end it went exactly according to the plan. But here's two interesting and unexpected details. First, as we were counting off our 10 paces, my friend decided to take it upon himself to even the odds of my gun vs. his by turning and opening fire first before the agreed upon ten paces! So as I was still walking the other way unsuspecting I heard POP! and then heard the first paintball he shot whizz through the air to my right. That was THE FIRST time I was ever shot at with a paintball gun and the first thing to pop into my head at that moment was the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. If you remember that scene where there's just hundreds and hundreds of bullets flying by and you can hear them all cutting through the air haha! I thought to myself, "Holly crap, this is gonna hurt!" and his next shot hit me right in the ass as I was yelling for him to wait... and it DID hurt! So out of an ill-begotten sense of honor I limped the last few paces, before turning and firing back. As it turned out, with me just dumping 100+ shots on semi-auto vs. him carefully firing his 25 shots on pump mode: I missed every shot! He ended up tagging me a couple more times after I ran out and started yelling, "Stop, stop, OWWW! I'm out of paint! OWWW!" and then we bailed as planned. Anyway, from that point on, we were both hooked. He bought a real gun I don't remember what, probably a Tippmann too. We found an official field that was like... at least half an hour away, maybe an hour. Drug our other friends along, who got rentals, and actually ended up paintballing every weekdend we had off that summer (our ship was in dry dock). After that I never had a chance to play paintball again while I was in, except of course leave. But I did go or at least try to go at least once every time I got leave. And I never stopped... neither did he I think. I haven't heard from him in a while...

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 24 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

UPDATE!
A RAP4 rep contacted me on YouTube about the video, and after discussing the kit issues (especially with the 98) via e-mail, he says he is getting me the updated 98 sear parts that the kit needs to work! AND he says that RAP4 will provide those parts free of charge for everyone with an older model 98! Which is sick!

I think he might be getting me mag release extensions too, but I'm not sure.
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users