• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rap4 Tactical 10 and clothing

#1 User is offline   StupidMutha 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

hey guys i dunno if anyone has done any RAP4 Feedback. i know i couldnt find any. so here goes

i ordered the MarPat Pants And Jacket set. and the tactical ten marpat vest.

-The VEST-
so this is rap4's tactical ten series vest, it cand hold 10 pods of 100,140 or q-loadr sizes. there are six in the front and 4 in the back. above the 4 back pods is the tank pouch, it holds from 48 to 72 Ci tanks. it also has 3 other pouchs in the front and a shoulder guard.
Attached File  Picture_080.jpg (1.81MB)
Number of downloads: 8

great vest overall. it feels very comfortable whenever i put it on. pods are easily accessible even the ones in the back.

my problem with rap4's TAC 10 vest is; on the website it was a tan vest with marpat accessories, when it arrived, it was OD green with marpatish accessories. the upside down vertical pod pouch and the patches i received with the vest are marpat. but the 6 pod pouch and the 3 other pouches and the shoulder guard are in different color. i wish there was consistancy. i have mine filled with q-pods, and it seems to hold em just fine. i am , however, worried one might fallout during intense gameplay. the tank stays snug. even when you run and jump around, im not worried about that.

i also have a rap4 black vest with 4 pod pouchs. this is an improvement from the stock 4 pod vests... i can carry 1000 rounds with my q-loader or 1400 with conventional pods. big difference from 400 rounds qloaded or 560 from tubes. no problem with wieght. i've had this bad boy filled to the max, and had a 68 ci tank on, and it doesnt seem to heavy... possible because i have the vest fit soo snug ? i dunno,

if i had this thing stolen or destroyed... for the money i spent ( im canadian so with the matching clothing it cost me $300) i would not buy it again. but i am glad that i have it now! big improvement, like i said, on conventional vests or harness.

This post has been edited by StupidMutha: 29 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

#2 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

hey just a warning your about to get like 20 posts saying rap4 sucks! they call it crap4 for a reason and so on. Most of that is true I bought a lot of rap4 product coming into this sport and none of it has lasted at all. Most of their stuff is poorly made, their mag-fed markers have mixed feedback and are arguably decent.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

I have not had any hands on experience w/ any of their products, but "cRap4" seems to be an accurate label when it comes to their hard goods... their soft goods on the other hand have always gotten higher marks here on these forums. Congrats on the pickup of new gear, hope it all wears well for you up in the great white north. Speaking of, I can't believe you bought marpat over cadpat, your felow canucks must think you're a traitor :).
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   StupidMutha 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

View Postger, on Apr 3 2009, 11:09 AM, said:

I have not had any hands on experience w/ any of their products, but "cRap4" seems to be an accurate label when it comes to their hard goods... their soft goods on the other hand have always gotten higher marks here on these forums. Congrats on the pickup of new gear, hope it all wears well for you up in the great white north. Speaking of, I can't believe you bought marpat over cadpat, your felow canucks must think you're a traitor ;).

LOL.... i also feel a lil like a traitor, i'm very pro-canadian... but marpat would fit better as an all year round choice, since i play from april to november.

but i think i will buy Cadpat stuff next year, and have marpat for fall /winter games. but i think spent enough this year, prolly around $1000 this winter

#5 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

View PostStupidMutha, on Apr 3 2009, 07:52 PM, said:

since i play from april to november.

whoa whoa whoa...april to november in canada? that's at least three months of cold paintball...kudos to you my friend. i'm from MN and we try and get as soon as the temp is above 30 *F and go until it drops below 30 *F. this year we started on Jan 31st! good to know there's another "frozen-baller" out there.

good job on the review! i was thinking about getting a tac 10 vest also...but decided against it because of mixed reviews. i hope it works well for you...that's a jack ton of paint to carry!

ps-i thought it was mildly ironic that the very next post after sipbgod talked about cRap4...funny funny funny.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#6 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:14 PM

View Postkage83, on Apr 7 2009, 04:24 PM, said:

View PostStupidMutha, on Apr 3 2009, 07:52 PM, said:

since i play from april to november.

whoa whoa whoa...april to november in canada? that's at least three months of cold paintball...kudos to you my friend. i'm from MN and we try and get as soon as the temp is above 30 *F and go until it drops below 30 *F. this year we started on Jan 31st! good to know there's another "frozen-baller" out there.

good job on the review! i was thinking about getting a tac 10 vest also...but decided against it because of mixed reviews. i hope it works well for you...that's a jack ton of paint to carry!

ps-i thought it was mildly ironic that the very next post after sipbgod talked about cRap4...funny funny funny.

I have jury-rigged my Flurry knockoff vest to hold 11 pods (3 front, 8 back, horizontal...4 2+1 pod packs, but the +1s can't hold regular pods, i think they were made for 100s) and yes, it is a jack ton of paint. I'm a big dude, so i can handle it but I don't recommend it for you smaller guys. After I have shot off 5 pods of so, I feel much, much better.

#7 User is offline   Tippmann33 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:54 AM

Been beating the crap out of my RAP4 vest for over 2 years and it is in great shape. A very high quality product, absolutely no reason to call them crap4. Not sure where that got started.

#8 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:17 AM

Again... their soft goods have mostly gotten very good reviews on these forums. Their markers & marker parts are why the've been dubbed "cRap4".
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users