• You cannot reply to this topic

Making My Ghillie Suits My fisrt Ghillie Suits Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   98Custom_Sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:98customsniper14

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

ive been wanting to make a ghillie for the fun of doing so and i looked on the internet for ghillie ideas and types and i decided im going to make 2 ghillie suits. Im going to be making a burlap ghillie and also a AG style ghillie but with camo netting strips. im going to be making the tops like ponchos and the pants are going to be like the normal way ghillie pants are made. im also goiong to be making hoods and gun wrap for both suits.

i still need to think of the shape ill want my ponchos but other than that i have everything i need.
so if anyone has any pocho shapes then share away because thats the only thing im having troubles with.

also i got a question. do you put the burlap strings on the vertical parts of the netting?

This post has been edited by 98Custom_Sniper: 27 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

#2 User is offline   98Custom_Sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

i got all my materials needed for the suits.

Materials List

2 pairs of pants(Olive and tan)
2 pieces of material (for base layer on the ponchos)
Camo Cargo netting
Roll of Burlap material
Thread and needle
Shoo Goo

i also started sewing the netting on to the green pants.

#3 User is offline   Mystic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

FYI. If anybody is interested in seeing another view of my Ghillie. There is a large photo of me in Issue 18 (Oct. 2008) of Jungle magazine, page 37 "Woodsball Ghost".
MYSTIC

#4 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:49 PM

View Post98Custom_Sniper, on Aug 26 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

ive been wanting to make a ghillie for the fun of doing so and i looked on the internet for ghillie ideas and types and i decided im going to make 2 ghillie suits. Im going to be making a burlap ghillie and also a AG style ghillie but with camo netting strips. im going to be making the tops like ponchos and the pants are going to be like the normal way ghillie pants are made. im also goiong to be making hoods and gun wrap for both suits.

i still need to think of the shape ill want my ponchos but other than that i have everything i need.
so if anyone has any pocho shapes then share away because thats the only thing im having troubles with.

also i got a question. do you put the burlap strings on the vertical parts of the netting?

you dont really need string on the vertical parts. the horizontal parts should cover it nicely, but if it looks a little thin in spots, then you can add some to the vertical. the only places it might really help is on the sides, so the strings fall over your shoulders and down your sides.
I havent made a ghillie poncho, i used a BDU jacket, but there are lots of pictures both here and elsewhere on the internet that might help you think of a shape. Also, there are two members here, JOE MAC and Jellyfish. both are military snipers and are full of good info. search for their threads

#5 User is offline   sithlordharley 

• Sithlordharley
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sithlordharley

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

im actually selling a ghillie that i made its actually pretty easy to do... i added a couple pieces of jute to the vertical strings just to cover up a little more

#6 User is offline   98Custom_Sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

thanks for the posts guys. i didnt really have time to work on it since i last posted but im going to start making it again. i should have some pics up by the end of the weekend.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users