Playing dagger in walk on games Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Blackbeard 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BLACKBEARD76

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

Hey guys,
I play as a Dagger in walk on games and it just isn't working. For instance I'll make a push to a foward or even flanking postion and get no support what so ever. I'll get cover fire on my way in and then get left out to dry. I try to explain that once I get to the forward postion that I need back up and the rest of the team should move forward while other elements flank. I don't want to be that guy yelling at his teammates etheir. It just seems these cats that show up for walk on games just want to trade paint with the opfor. Anyone got any advice?
Thanks Blackbeard
Keeping it gangsta since 1718

#2 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

try playing with a friend. then at least you have one person to back you up. thats what i do now. also in speedball, my friend plays back, and i play mid/front which works out nicely.

the problem is that in a game, people like to do it the way they want to no matter what anyone says. but if you have a friend that you can trust, games go much smoother and you will win more. especially during walk-on games.

but good daggers don't need back up :wacko: :dodgy:

seriously, you should work on your one on one skills as a dagger, they will help alot. try practicing snap shooting, running and gunning, etc. try to master all of the fundamentals, and you will start to see that back-up is less needed as you are getting better. if you can, play some speedball. it really helps with improving your game because games are shorter and much more things are going on. i play one on one with my friend on the speedball field everytime i go to that field just so i can work on my skills. the only thing that's holding me back from getting better is how uncomfortable my tippmann feels. i am pretty short and its a pain to snap shoot. its all going to change when i get a job in a month [3 weeks actually if everything goes as planned, but i'm not expected it to].

i may use my cousins viewloader triton 2 next week with my HPA tank just because its alot lighter than my tippmann.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#3 User is offline   Fontain 

• I am every where and no where
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fontain

Posted 01 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

I also encounter the same problem.And i learned how to play with out support cause most of the time i have little or none.If u dont have any support then u have to be more stealthy, u have to be able to move fast and find holes to go in.Play agressive, if u can find hole and meet up with ur teammates they will follow u and thus u get support, but u gotta work for it.Walkon players will do what ever they want, if they see ur good or u give them reason to respect u they mite listen to u or help u.

I recomend when ur playin try new or daring things.Try stuff u wouldnt usually do, this will make u unpredictable and better.I personally dont practice at all, i just play alot and try new things everytime i play.I find no matter what or how much u practice it isnt close to a game.Insted of spending money "practicing" just play more.Its funner and it improves ur game.

#4 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE CHURCH

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

I agree with these guys. It's nice to have support as a Dagger, and you see more of that if you get on a team. But it's not always there. You have to get used to being on your own. Keep moving. Put in your opponents then move. Not necessarily to bunker them everytime, but the more you move when they're not looking, the better your chances of them losing track of you. Then you get that easy shot of their head as they try to ind you. Daggers are meant to be light and move quick. Work on that, and don't expect help from walk-ons. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. Like these guys said, they paid their money to play like they want to. Bring some friends or find a team to join to be a more successful Dagger and get backup once in a while.
"You are my hammer and weapon of war." - Jeremiah 51:20
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

#5 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

Pick up games are kind of difficult to get anyone to do what you are tlaking about. Usually you have only a couple of guys on the same page. Phantom Flanker and myself played a pick up game. Although my gear is essentially that of a broadsword, I move pretty quick and with both of us working as daggers, we eliminate about a dozen players in 5 minutes.

If you are going to play dagger during a pickup game, then range wide and expect to have no support. Its a good time to practice moving, quietly and fast.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#6 User is offline   Blackbeard 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

Thanks guys. That's good advice, I'm going to stop to stop the head long rushes. I push the flanks a lot, but I'm going to focus on that and just do me and not rely on the other players as much.
Blackbeard

#7 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

in a walk on game its very hard to play positions because most of the other people dont know what to do when you tell them to give you support. in those situations just do what you can to get the opponents and try to help your team mates and maybe set an example for what they should do.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#8 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

I know what you mean, when I play pure walk on games I'll make my push forward and eliminate the enemy in a forward line like usual but then I normally realize that I have the enemy on both sides of me and my team is way far back.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#9 User is offline   Blackbeard 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

I'm going to a big scenario game on the 20th and I will be using the tips you guys gave me. I'm going to try following tape lines as much as possible and work harder to get those side shots and angles. Hopefully I can hook up with some like minded individuals and go from there. I just have to fight that urge to be right up in the thick of it. Take some time to watch how things are developing and make my moves independently of other players. If I get support so much the better.
Thanks Blackbeard

#10 User is offline   Argelmcgee 

• Saber
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:None

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

The ideal position for a walk-on game is Dagger. All the elements combine to be able to take out the inexperienced players. First of all, your experience allows you to out-shoot the opponents, and know where to move to. Then the Dagger's forte of speed and movement allow you to get into positions to just smash them.

Honestly, I've played games with 5 walk-ons versus myself and come out the winner. It's just a combination of movement and shooting. You see someone who doesn't see you, wait for the shot, hammer his spot. Move to a bunker that is forward/to the side/behind your current position, get an angle, and eliminate. Repeat.

With teammates, it's even easier. You get cover fire as you do the drills, and maybe even another Dagger doing the same thing.

#11 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

well i keep my friend who is a broadsword with me. he puts the cover down and i can flank them with no trouble or very little trouble. i would take a heavy gunner with you if i were you
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#12 User is offline   deltaboy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta-022

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

I understand your problem even though I don't play dagger. I'm only 14 so I'm pretty small compared to adults that show up at my field. Because I am smaller they think they should boss me around when they just rented some gear for fun. I played one game of attack and defend where the whole opfor was in a small grouping of bunkers. Some 20 year old started yelling at me to move forward when I was behind cover, was in range, and had the paint to cover our front guys. Only problem is he started shooting at me but missed so I went forward. I get what you mean by not having cover and I enjoy giving cover and calling out opfor positions so my daggers can be effective.
Sabre #166

#13 User is offline   SPARTAN-204  

• Fox Soldier
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spec Ops Fox

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

I tried to getting a couple guys to move up.Yelled at them,just stayed there. Gotta smack the noobs silly!

#14 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:02 AM

View Postdeltaboy, on Nov 10 2007, 02:40 AM, said:

I understand your problem even though I don't play dagger. I'm only 14 so I'm pretty small compared to adults that show up at my field. Because I am smaller they think they should boss me around when they just rented some gear for fun. I played one game of attack and defend where the whole opfor was in a small grouping of bunkers. Some 20 year old started yelling at me to move forward when I was behind cover, was in range, and had the paint to cover our front guys. Only problem is he started shooting at me but missed so I went forward. I get what you mean by not having cover and I enjoy giving cover and calling out opfor positions so my daggers can be effective.

you should have shot him back, you obviously had the experience to outshoot him, he deserved to go off if he team kills

on a better note, get used to being on your stomach aswell, it helped me to lay flat in a bush (or, if i calls for it, crouch) i just shot out 3 people as they went by, the mad rushed there positions back, as i had just eliminated there "flanking prevention team", get used to jumping bunker walls as most bunkers that are up front can also be used from the opposite sides, i jumped a barrier and knocked out 2 team members before i got bunkered down, i wish someone filmed it, it must have looked so cool

(they still never hit me)
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#15 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

I have this problem whenever I walk on, too...

Last time I went to play without a group, I got to the field, asked the Team Captain what the plan was, he said we were going to send a runner up both flanks, two guys per flank to support each of them, while 3 stayed in the back to keep an eye on the opponent's movements and give cover fire where needed... the game started, I tore up one flank, took immediate fire, looked back to see where my support was, and every one of my 8 team mates was sitting behind the bunker they started the game in lobbing fire across the field :unsure:... the opposing team had done the same thing, but at least they had one person in range of their combined fire thanks to my flanking maneuver. What really ticked me off is that not one person on my team had the sense to capitalize on the other team's full minute of combined fire on me and move from their starting positions :huh:. The 9 on 9 game took over an hour with most people walking off the field due to no air or ammo (which, at least I can say, I contributed heavily to).

What I've found works well if you're in a similar situation is this: before the game, choose a bunker on one flank far away from your team mates, when the game starts wait about 3 minutes then start a slow and stealthy flank move (by that time, all the other players should have tunnel vision and be wasting paint against another player's bunker), from there it's simply a matter of eliminating every player you get behind (basically, you become more of a sniper than dagger, but daggers just don't work without support)

Note that this tactic only really works against bad players... but if you're playing with good players you shouldn't have to resort to this anyway.

Hope it helps.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users