• You cannot reply to this topic

Classic Stock Class Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

So im looking to get into the pump scene. But i want the right marker. Im really into classsics, like Alfred Hitchcock and a good '64 Camaro. So i was wonderin what you guys thought would be the best "classic" stock class pump, and perhaps if you knew a good place to acquire said marker. Im willing to wait for the perfect one, and perhaps shell out a little extra if its perfect. Any suggestions?
2 Samuel 22

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

Easy to acquire classic stock class pump: CCI Phantom.

Harder to find classics.... Brass eagle Nightmare, PGP, Nelspot 007, bushmaster, PMI-II

You can still find Mavericks for sale new in some places.<br>
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

'64 Camaro ... so you are looking for the impossible huh?

Classic...how classic?

MCB offers probably the highest percentage of players that have some ofthe older stock class stuff out there.

Pre Dye Carters are truely hard to find and I am told amazing. I personally have a very old Palmer Super Stocker that is smooth and amazing to play with.
The Phantom has been around forever and still offers a great performance for the cost.

As fro new stuff...
Carter still makes an amazing stock class toy.
RTR and the Gargoyle...good stuff right there.
Palmer will still make you a SUper Stocker to your specs and they are still one of the best out there.
And CCI has been doing the Phantom for so long they are truely a science now. Such a flexible multi-use pump platform does not exist in the market better than the Phantom. You can get just about anything you want...and change it up later if your needs change.

Finding what you want in a stock class gun is tough..you really need to look at how you play and what you think will bennifit you.
But quite honestly the four I mention above will meet and exceed just about every aspect you could think of. And without buying all four you will never know which is better or why. They all have their nitch in the market and true followers.

But, there is a reason I am a dealer for CCI. My opinion is a bit scewed by the years Ihave been playing and dealing with the industry...Mike at CCI simply has to be the best person I have ever delt with in the gun industry.
Hands Down
End Of Story

#4 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

Since youre a dealer then, what would you recommend for a non-hopper C02 cartridge pump from CCI? More money for more accuracy is fine by me.
2 Samuel 22

#5 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Question: Do you like a light marker or something with some heft to it?

Phantoms are crazy light, even with a 12oz tank on them. Lot's of people find them too light.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

Too light....panzies the lot of them!

If you are relaly going to run stock class I would recomend getting the most out of the 12 gram.

Rear air stock class with a 15 round feed tube cut down to a 12round so it is still easy to change the 12ie out and hold a full tube of paint plus a couple shots so you have a shot or two to use if you get bum rush while reloading.

"T" stock for stability
undercocking for comfort
color for taste.

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

I love my phantom but I do need to get a stock or butt plate for my tank.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

CCI under cocking kit
Posted Image
Mounted on a rear stock class with ten round feed tube and m-16 grip.
Posted Image

Other options could be considered as well. like...
offset stock class feed
drop out changer
sight ring
Acrylic parts kit for more prettiness

Another thing that can be handy on any stock class gun...check valve!

White Wolf Airsmithing has them and they are great for the need to shoot and change 12ies t the same time.
Posted Image

I youneed some color ideas...goto the White Wolf Airsmithing Gallery. Truely some amazing pictures.

The Phantom has to be the pump gun with the largest choice of user customizational part out there. Yes other placs can build them to fit your needs....CCI has the parts ready to simply add on or change the way your Phantom looks and functions with out the need to build a new gun.

I do not have a web site or anything to show you and quite honestly the CCI site is a bit behind on updates...Mike simply does not have the time to get it done.
So...go here
North West pump Players has a complete list of choices and up to date parts. Possibly the best list I have found online.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 03 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

#9 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 03 December 2010 - 02:42 PM, said:

Rear air stock class with a 15 round feed tube cut down to a 12round so it is still easy to change the 12ie out and hold a full tube of paint plus a couple shots so you have a shot or two to use if you get bum rush while reloading.

"T" stock for stability
undercocking for comfort
color for taste.

Im not really into colors...just straight black is cool for me.

And lightness is fine by me as well. 12 rounds sounds fine too.
Im new to pumps so whats the difference between rear air and...regular air i guess.
and please explain undercocking...

(yes, i am a total pump nooob)

on a related note, check this out. I think i might look into buying it for the novelty. and to use it on days with a lot of walk ons...
Vintage Splatmaster on Ebay
2 Samuel 22

#10 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 03 December 2010 - 01:16 PM, said:

"T" stock for stability
undercocking for comfort
color for taste.

Im new to pumps so whats the difference between rear air and...regular air i guess.

on a related note, check this out. I think i might look into buying it for the novelty. and to use it on days with a lot of walk ons...

Haha, pretty awesome :) don't know much about it myself...but I can also vouch for the Phantom (and Krazy8)!

#11 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

Rear air vs vertical air: Rear air is supposed to be more efficient. I've often wondered why, but I've never found an answer. If you are using a tank instead of 12g, it moves the weight back and balances it a bit better.

Undercocking is just a slightly different position of the pump handle. The regular pump fits around the barrel. Undercocking is just below the barrel.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 03 December 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

Rear air vs vertical air: Rear air is supposed to be more efficient. I've often wondered why, but I've never found an answer. If you are using a tank instead of 12g, it moves the weight back and balances it a bit better.

Undercocking is just a slightly different position of the pump handle. The regular pump fits around the barrel. Undercocking is just below the barrel.

Rear air is more efficient because the gas in the vertical/bottomline isn't wasted when you remove the 12ie :) (CO2 goes directly into the valve) ... I find my 13ci tank balances quite well in VSC configuration...but that's probably because I use the T-Stock.

Beware, vertical tanks can make lying down shots somewhat difficult :P

Attached File  IMG_4636_1.JPG (546.22K)
Number of downloads: 2

This is a Phantom VSC (Vertical Stock Class) configuration...but it's considered "open-class" if you use a tank like this, or use a hopper instead of stock class feed.

With VSC or bottomline, the line is extra room for the CO2 gas to expand, but when you run out of pressure in the 12g to push the CO2 in the line into the valve, you lose that CO2 when you replace the 12g.

Undercocking (I've heard) can be a pain to install... but it reduces wear on your barrel which would be nice(especially if it's nicely anodized).

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 03 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

#13 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

If I was to go buy a new CCI stock class gun right now here is what I would get

2011-45-00 Rear Stock Class, 45 grip, 11" barrel, 15 round feed tube, rear drop out 12gr changer
9209 Undercocking kit
9406 Sight Ring
9610 Detnet Ring Set
9606 Spring and Seal Kit
9325 Adjustable 'T' Stock
9511 Trigger Shoe
09 Dry Acid 3 Color
Smoke or Clear Acrylic Parts Exchange

#14 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 03 December 2010 - 12:16 PM, said:

"T" stock for stability
undercocking for comfort
color for taste.

Ok.

There is no regular air in a Phantom. the location of the air input is upto the user.
Bottom line has the 12ie changer under the grip.
Posted Image
This one is running what is know as "Hawian Style" with the 12ie changer facing forward and a stock. Under cocking is on there as well as a sight ring.

Verticle has the changer mounted to the trigger guard like a foregrip
Posted Image
^That picture also has an undercocking kit on the gun..and the stock.
Posted Image
^Standard Pump handle...clear parts exchange

rear has the changer mounted right to the back of the valve body.
Posted Image
^This one has a drop out changer on the rear air set up
You will notice that if the 15 round feed tube in the picture was cut down to a 12 ball it would allow easier access to change the 12grams out.
Posted Image
^Again you can see that a shorter feed tube makes it easier to change out the standard 12 gram changer as well. I have no idea why there is an asa adapter sticking out of the grips...and the cocking handle is totally custom on this Phantom.

Rear air is more efficient for 12 gram users because there is no wasted air spce in an air line. Both bottom line and verticle have an air line running from the ASA adapter to the valve body, Rear just puts the air into the valve without an air line. So to get the air into the valve you end up using less actual volume...saving precious 12gr air pressure for shots instead of filling up an airline.
It is not that the gun works better..there is just less airspace to fill when you charge the gun with a 12ie.

Look at the gallery I link to. There are pictures of gun with and with the under cocking kit. Both work well, but most every player I have let use both prefers the undercocking feel during use.

I find Splatmasters a novelty. When you use a quality stock class gun like one of the four I first mentioned the other stuff just sits in the gear bag.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 03 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

#15 User is offline   Benaiah 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 03 December 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

If I was to go buy a new CCI stock class gun right now here is what I would get

2011-45-00 Rear Stock Class, 45 grip, 11" barrel, 15 round feed tube, rear drop out 12gr changer
9209 Undercocking kit
9406 Sight Ring
9610 Detnet Ring Set
9606 Spring and Seal Kit
9325 Adjustable 'T' Stock
9511 Trigger Shoe
09 Dry Acid 3 Color
Smoke or Clear Acrylic Parts Exchange (would this allow me to see how many shots i have left?)

how much could that run me? Just out of curiosity. if i can find a price somewhere online let me know, and ill look it up myself

And thanks for the lesson on air positions! i would definitely go with the rear air i think.

Under-cocking does look attractive. Perhaps i will use the regular style first and then see if under-cocking is more comfortable for me.

This post has been edited by Benaiah: 03 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

2 Samuel 22

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users