Special Ops Paintball: NXe Executive Roller Bag - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NXe Executive Roller Bag I have the 07 Model, and the 08 is only an improvment.

#1 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:37 AM

Period of Use - Just got it, but I'll expand the review as I use it.
Years Played - 5
Similar Products Used - ADIDAS Kit Bag, Paintball Body Bag (Super, or whatever the smaller one is)
MSRP - $150 (Purchased for $110)

Strengths - Tons of space, Looks very nice, Larger wheels than other bags, specialized Mask, Marker, and Tank holders.

Cons - Well, this thing is huge. You might have a hard time stuffing it in a trunk.

Alright, I woke up this morning (Monday) to find a very large box at my front door. I was wondering what it was, since the store I bought it from (First Call Paintball) said it would arrive Tuesday (as Monday was a holiday and the post was not delivered). Well turns out they shipped it with Fed Ex or UPS so it would get to me Monday. Big bonus points for that. I took it into my living room and tore open the box (which could have been taped a little better, but whatever). I rip off the plastic and look at the bag. My immediate thought was 'I bet I can fit in this thing!'. So I unzipped the main compartment to get in.

When I opened it, I found some smaller bags. These turned out to be a pod bag (of which I have fit 13 "normal" 140 pods, with room for maybe one more). I thought, "Sweet, finally a bag for most of my pods" as I looked it over. It's a 'Drawstring' style bag, as in, the type that you have two strings on one side, and as you pull them the top closes and the bag forms a backpack. The second bag was a shoe bag, so you don't have to put your smelly, muddy kicks in with your other gear, or in your car. It looks like it can hold a pair of mid-ankle cleats. I doubt most styles of tactical boots will fit, though. There was also a Changing Mat, so you can put it down and not have to stand barefoot/socks in dirt, mud, whatever. I can see myself also using this to sleep in airports :D.

After I had checked out those, I removed the divider pack (the dividers were shipped in one plastic bag, not installed) and got in. Sure enough I could fit my 6'2'' 205lbs frame in the thing, provided I was curled tightly in the fetal position. That should give a basic idea of how big it is, as I know some people (myself included) can't really picture 10,000 cubic inches. After having a friend zip me up and roll me around a little, I got out and opened the divider package. I missed the directions page, which made assembly minorly confusing. See, the part that forms the sides/bottom was pretty obvious, as was the mask compartment. But there was this one that I wasn't quite sure what to do with. Finally I realized it was the hard side-walls for the mask compartment. So after re-doing the sides (The dividers are attached to the side of the bag and each other via velcro. But don't worry, this is some very tough velcro).

After successfully putting in the dividers and getting a drink, I fetched my current gear bags (the Body Bag and an Empire back pack) to start filling up my new toy (Oh wait, the plastic wrap said 'This Bag is Not a Toy'. I still find that funny.). I first put in my playing clothes. I fit two pair of pants and two jerseys into a pouch in the door. The expandability of this bag is quite impressive, as before the door looked to be maybe 2 inches thick, after the clothing, it's at least doubled. Next I zipped that up and put my Dangerous Power Fusion into the padded marker case. If I had two markers, I bet they'd both fit in there (ASA and Reg on, no barrel). I also put my Slide Shorts into the middle pouch, and two barrels (2 2-piece, broken down, wrapped in bandanas) into what I would guess is a barrel pouch. It could also be used for personal effects, but barrels seems good to me. After that, I moved on to the main compartment.

First, I fit a VForce Grill and JT Flex 7 into the padded mask compartment, along with two headwraps and a sandana. I then moved to the bottom of the bag and strapped in two 72CI tanks, using the velcro strap designed for tank holding. Looking at the straps, anything wider than a 72CI (or 88, as I believe they're the same) will not fit, as it's too wide. But how many of you have a bigger tank? Also, anything much longer will stick out, or into the barrel pouch when closed. In with these, I packed my pads (Empire Vents SS knees, Eclipse Distortion Elbows, a pair of gloves, and a pair of Proto Knees) as well as the Shoe Bag and Changing Mat. On to the middle divider.

The first thing I did was put in my NXe 5+4+2, loaded with 6 Dye Lock Lids (that didn't fit in the Pod Bag). I packed it in with the pods vertical (bag lying down). If you know how long a Dye Lock Lid is, that's about how deep the main compartment is (compartment is slightly deeper). Next to the harness, I packed in two Under Armor shirts, an Empire Reloader B, and a Viewloader Revvy (then questioned why I was putting my Under Armor under things). At this point, the bag was rather full, so I decided to close it up. It still zipped easily, despite my thinking I had over stuffed it.

I took it outside to test how well it rolled, because that's a big reason I bought a new bag (my Paintball Body Bag doesn't roll as well as I would hope). On Carpet, it's fine. Vinyl flooring? Fine. Cement and Asphalt? Fine. Then I took it into the grass, and it still rolled fine. Could be why they call it the 'Roller' bag. I rolled it up to my car (1990 Honda Accord LX) and tried to fit it into the trunk. It was a tough fit, put after some pushing and smushing (of the clothes!) I got it in. Then I struggled to get it out. I think I'll be using the back seat for this beast from now on.

So here's my ratings.

Size - 10 of 10 - This thing will fit everything you need for two people to go out and play a good day of paintball. Or an averaged size man, should you kill someone and need a way to transport the body.
Weight - 9 of 10 - It's kind of heavy (empty), but that's because NXe uses High-end 1680 denier nylon. I don't know what that means, but it sounds fancy. NXe also advertises "Weighs in at the same or less than other gear bags in its class, with 40% more storage", so maybe I'm just used to thin-walled, less durable bags.
Ease of Use - 9 of 10 - Installing the dividers is a little annoying, because it took me a bit to get them lined up square with the velcro on the side of the bag. Also not knowing what the mask hard-wall was for perplexed me for a bit. Maybe that's why they include installation instructions :P
Durability - NOT YET RATED - I've had it less than 24 hours. I'll update it later after I use it some more...or just some.
Looks - 10 of 10 - I got the Dynasty edition, because that's the only one they had at the time I ordered. I would have preferred a black one (Unless they made a Joy Division edition. Leopard Print FTW!). Regardless, the Blue is very nice. And really, isn't looking good all that matters :P

I'll be taking it to the field this weekend, as well as on a 4-day trip (non-paintball) in a couple weeks (because we're allowed 1 bag, and this is the biggest thing I have). I'll add comments on it's durability after these trips, as well as pictures whenever I figure out where my USB cable is to the camera.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#2 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Cool, I have been looking at these.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Nice review!

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:06 AM

UPDATE!

After a year of use, there is absolutely no signs of wear on the bag. The velcro still holds strong, the zippers still zip, and the dividers still divide.
This is after two flights across the country (both to LA), a dozen or so trips (5 flights, the rest road trips) to Florida, and a handful to Boston/NYC. I even used it as a suitcase when I went to Europe last summer, since it was the only bag I had that could hold all the clothes I needed.

The only issue I had was when I put the changing mat into the wash. Part of the big NXe logo came off. Otherwise the mat was fine.

And an interesting note, the bag is also good for Cats! (Note: That's a big freaking cat. Like, 25lbs. The bag just looks small with him on it).
Posted Image
Aww! Look at the silly kitty! He thinks that bag is a kitty bed!
I wish I had a picture of the time he got in it, with my gear, and I closed it and took it too the field (15 minute drive) not knowing he was there.
The cat didn't care, he was just sleeping on my gear.

This post has been edited by Pirate: 20 April 2009 - 02:07 AM

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:11 AM

ROFL @ PB Kitty woulda been a good lolcat when you opened the bag
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

Share this topic: