• You cannot reply to this topic

Building Bunkers First two level bunker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

I just completed my first two level bunker this morning and it is awsome. I've been jumping around on it to make sure its sturdy and it works you just can't lean on the walls. I was wondering about some other interesting types of bunker anyone else has made. Also I'm planing to try to make an inground pillbox next anyone got any tips? I'll Tell you how it goes.

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

If you can't lean on the walls that's definitely a safety issue, get that fixed up ASAP. Having a friend fall through the wall and break his arm puts a damper on nay game.

If you want ways to build bunkers, check out the SAS Survival Guide. http://www.amazon.ca/Survival-Guide-John-L...n/dp/0060849827 Yeah, the info is actually on how to build shelters but you can easily adapt them to paintball. It's great because several of them use natural material you'll find around the filed.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Crenchy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crenchy

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

Well we had a quite large bunker before. buuuuut the bulls found it, destroyed it, then did there "business" right on top of all our hard work haha. Needless to say we where kinda POed, but it happens. We salvaged the remaining parts and incorporated them in our woods field, putting them where they were needed for more cover.

#4 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Is the SAS guide a small book that fits in your pocket cause i think i've got it. Sucks about the bulls man.

#5 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

I know mine is. It's about 2" x 3" x 1". I'm sure there's a full size version somewhere too.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#6 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

I've got that book it taught me a lot until i dropped it in the water, twice. LOL Im going to be attempting to dig out the hillside soon enough. I just did a major cleanup of my field. Lots of garbage to pickup. I've got a lot of fallen trees i've been slowly building up. But I must say no matter what i do they're always complaining one side is uneven. Last time they complained both where LOL. I LOVE Building new bunkers. I'll defineetly consider reinforcing the walls on my new one but I've gotta find a real long 2X4 somewhere.

#7 User is offline   forza 

• sniping ahhhhhhhhhhh
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:forza

Post icon  Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:40 AM

View PostCrenchy, on Apr 12 2009, 11:10 AM, said:

Well we had a quite large bunker before. buuuuut the bulls found it, destroyed it, then did there "business" right on top of all our hard work haha. Needless to say we where kinda POed, but it happens. We salvaged the remaining parts and incorporated them in our woods field, putting them where they were needed for more cover.

aw sorry about the bulls dude
may last sniper tower gat burned down
after some punk set it on fire with gasoline

#8 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Post icon  Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

View PostCrenchy, on Apr 12 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

Dude... I'm sorry about your luck, but that's hilarious! What's that saying? Mess with the bull, get the... is it... horns? :rolleyes: :laugh: Good luck with the new bunker, though, and with the pillbox. Be sure to let us know how the construction of the pillbox goes, I've always wanted to build one.
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#9 User is offline   ncoco252 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

Me and my friend made a couple bunkers up in trees like 5 feet in the air. They were really nice, but some people tore them down recently. There was a house being built across the street, so we just used thier scrap wood. All free. Oh, and we made a dome bunker thing out of a fallen tree and 10 old christmas trees, lol.

This post has been edited by ncoco252: 16 April 2009 - 10:31 AM

#10 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

Interesting... lol How did you use the Christmas trees?
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#11 User is offline   ncoco252 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

View PostSpektre, on Apr 16 2009, 01:52 PM, said:

The branches kinda locked together and the tree was at like a 45 deg. angle to the ground, so we just stacked them against the tree to make the "walls". The paintballs would just break when they hit the branches and we could see through the cover.

#12 User is offline   forza 

• sniping ahhhhhhhhhhh
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:forza

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

View Postncoco252, on Apr 16 2009, 11:19 AM, said:

View PostSpektre, on Apr 16 2009, 01:52 PM, said:

The branches kinda locked together and the tree was at like a 45 deg. angle to the ground, so we just stacked them against the tree to make the "walls". The paintballs would just break when they hit the branches and we could see through the cover.

o thats awesome creative and tactical makes for a good combination but how do u keep the c-trees to the....... tree

This post has been edited by forza: 16 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

#13 User is offline   ncoco252 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

Uh... they just were kinda leaned against it. So if we had to book it out of there, we could just push a tree out of the way and run. We made a tee-pee frame kind of thing with thick branches and the big tree, and layed the christmas trees on the frame, lol. I was surprised on how well it worked. No nails or screws or rope.

#14 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

I like the christmas tree teepe idea. Where in the world would you find 10 x-mas trees? I've only used scrap stuff as well and its amazing what you can do with it. The funniest is the old door that with only two paintballs you cuold put a whole through it. It's not fun to be hidding behind it when your friend with full auto comes over.

As for the pillbox I picked out a hill on the side of our field (Not really a hill as a very slow incline) then dug a whole in a wedge shape with the point being the front and the back being ...well the back. Then i stuck two posts in the back and put a sloped roof on the top and one board on the left side (back and right side open for getting in) i cut some small slots in the sides but I'm going to put some hinges and make flaps or else as soon as you role in all they have to do is blast you through the side while you try to get out fast. I can't play on my field for a couple weeks so I plan to cover it with dirt and some fallen leave and sticks and surprise everyone when they come over.

Also all the dirt I dug out I tried to fill in a puddle with just made it into quicksand so that'll be funny.
I'll post some pictures next week sometime of the new bunkers

#15 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=72929

There is SO MUCH INFO in this thread. Pinned topics are a great thing.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users