• You cannot reply to this topic

small team big advantage for 10-15 man team Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

im one commander of a smaller team(about 10 or 15 people), would i be better of focusing all avilbe resorces at one point or by splitting up the team over multiple areas for more tacticle advantage

some background of my team
we have the majority of the team bein new players, i and the other commander are fairly new still, we have one player that was semi pro in speed ball, and a bunch of guys good at takeing orders, we ply woodsball and speedball

we have at least 4 guns capable of sustaning 15-30 bps acuratly, i got an acurate snap-shot of 50 feet, and a hard core player
our typical loadout includes all semi-auto paintball guns, paintball nades, and a couple of guys in full camo to give us an advantage, we also have acses to tank killing weapons/ shotguns.

right now we use smaller quick assualt groups running up one side to kill some of a bunkers deffenses but with little sucses, (our quick assualt teams normally have 3-5 people)
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

The only person that can answer that is you. It will all depend on the game played, your objective, terrain type, field layout, number of opponents......

More information would help in pointing you to other tactics.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Wow... puz said exactly what this post would have... weird..

#4 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Well puz is right depends on the situation, but with my team what we do is some of the players have played together so much they go off in there own thing. Although we send them off on there own thing in order to succeed have to keep communication or else you become a bunch of chickens running with your heads cut off. So if you have a few run and gunners send them a little ways ahead of you but make sure to keep track of them.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#5 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR.

This post has been edited by Saifoda2: 26 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#6 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

seams i forgot to include the important stuff

my team allways plays as an ambush type mission, terrian is allways heavily wooded with a few hills, time is normally 15 minutes per 5acres to cover, and enemy is normally in trenches and other bunkers

opforce normally doubles our teams size

This post has been edited by kingcheese: 29 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

offical saber #137

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

That's tough, not much you can really do. Do they stay in the fortified positions or do they move up field as well?

Best bet might be to send a small force, 3 or 4 guys, up one side and make as much noise as possible, make it sound like it's the entire team. Mean while the remainder of the team pushes up the opposite side as quietly possible and trying to flank the opfor as they're distracted.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#8 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR.

Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power

#9 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

opforce only moves backward for the most part, and we do have some longer range guns
like a 98c with apex and a 98c with 14 in pmi barrel

and a few guns capable of 25+ bps

most of our guns are quiet, minus the 98c with apex
offical saber #137

#10 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR.

Attached File(s)

#11 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

thanks for all the help guys, by the way, by backwards i ment a fightinhg retreat

sorry for the lack of clarity
offical saber #137

#12 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR.

#13 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

okay the game setup is like this
terrain: a lot of small trees spread out, but thick groung cover up to about 6 feet
bunker setup: a few trenches leading to the main foxhole, and about 30 feet to one side is a bunker made of around 70 spools

our goal: clean them out

how it goes down: at first they stay toward the front of the field in the trenches and foxholes as we are forced on to the field through one main trail, as we reach the first trench we can cut right and take a trail to the back off the field so they setup ambushes on it. if we go foward we are in the 50 foot radius of open space around the spool bunker, we have a 5minute cap and they have a team equal to or larger then ours. as we getup and they start going down they work thier way back to the smaller bunkers and thicker woods( the retreat i had metioned in a earlier post.

our loadout: two heavygunners, two light gunners, ten meduim gunners divide amongest me(A SNIPER) one of the heavys and one of the lights.

their loadout: a bunch of smaller teams and walkons and their rentals or super cool gun hat they dont know hot to take apart and put back together(a gun is usless if you dont know how it works)
offical saber #137

#14 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

With double the numbers against you you MUST minimize casualties at all costs that means dont take risks without first thinking about your moves, in other words "play smarter not splattered"

When they conduct thier "fighting retreat is it over a long span of time or really fast and is it relativly organized or is it kind of cahotic"
also do you find yourself taking them out easily but their numbers are just too massive

Heres what I would do in this situation

From the start:

take 1/4 of your team and set them up in an ambush, like the one mentioned before nice post btw, you should be the one leading the ambush team if you are really a paintball sniper, have a trusted person lead the attack force

Taking the rest of your team meet them head on, try not to limit yourself to main paths, unless the off beat paths have no cover whatsoever.
have your heavy gunners and light gunners and PLASTER!!! ,and i use that term with great emphasis on the plaster part, their foxholes/pillboxes and where ever a group might be holed up. laying down fire too keep their heads down

meanwhile have the medium rifleman move up on the bases once within grenade throwing distance try to land some of those in the foxholes.

After this pull your attacking forces back, A descent portion of their team should be out by now, make it sound like youve sustained alot of casualties, yell someting to hint them about it it works on walkons all the time. then run right past your ambush force then spring that

You should be able to mop up whats left after that

if they go into a retreat it will most likely be a fighting, but unorganized retreat.

Take the battle to them if they want to retreat, but advance slowly, if your moving up field too fast its probably an ambush, Try to flank and isolate them into a corner of the field then they have no more retreat and you can pound away at them until their all gone.
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#15 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

so it sounds like im own my own with the help of my team to decide a plan, but i need to use common sense and good tactics to do so

is this correct?
offical saber #137

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users