• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about buying paintballs Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   G.J. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

I realised while reading on the net that most painball places don't let you bring pbs from the out side and make you buy the balls at the counter before the "match".

Lets say that you pay 30$ for 500 balls and that at the end you have 150 balls left, what do you do with them? Do they let you bring them back home and come back with them a week later or what?

I am just wondering because I will probaly go for my first paintball game next week and this question has been bothering me for a few days now.

#2 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:41 PM

Well I know if you have extra paint that they will let you take it home with you, after all you paid for it so therefore its yours. However I seriously doubt that they will allow you to bring the paint back the next time you visit. Most fields claim their reasons for having field paint only is because some players think its better to freeze their paint just to cause more pain. Also they don't want to have old, possibly mutated paint being brought to their fields Many fields want to insure that there are no other safety issues that could arise by allowing other players to bring their own paint.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#3 User is offline   G.J. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:11 PM

What if you can't use it at home?

#4 User is offline   Cyanidepoison 

• SpecOps's Infamous.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:14 PM

My field lets me bring back paint from last week, or last month, or last year. I just keep it fresh so i can use it again. Keeping it in a cool dry place will make sure it stays good for a while.
The sun rises to a crisp blanket of snow...

#5 User is offline   König 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

I've never had a problem with them letting me bring back old paint that I bought from their field. You can offer to bring it to them so they can be sure you didn't break any rules.
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

It's up to the field's insurance policy, which can sure be a pain in the patukis, but it's the only way they can stay open. The easiest way to find out is to call them up and ask. And some fields let you bring paint from home if it's still factory sealed. So if you and some friends want to split the cost of a case, you might be able to do that.

#7 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

id say your seriously overpaying at 30 for 500 and should look twords other feilds

other solution (this being a bit of a underhanded route) would be to buy a case of the exact same paint the feild uses and only buy the bare minimum at the feild. this shows you did indeed purchase the feild paint and for all inquirative purposes you continue shooting the feild paint through the entire day

however if the bare min is 500 and you shoot less than per day of pb your kinda SOL

#8 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:46 AM

At the feild near us its BYOP for walk-ons, and FPO for renters. I think the logic is if you are renting then they dont want you putting lousy Brass Eagle Wal-Mart balls through their markers and gumming them up.
I think the thing behind not bringing the feild paint back to the feild the next time you play is kind of the same if you are renting, some people may not know hot to properly store paint and this can have a drastic affect on the quality, so cheap paint is the same as paint not stored properly, and will have the same affect in the rental markers.

Plus you will most likely use more than 500 balls. Alot of feilds also will sell paint in smaller increments too, like 100 -200 balls.
ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#9 User is offline   BlueJoe 

• Paintball Is A Religion, Many Attend, Few Understand
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueJoe

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:56 AM

My fields rule states, "If you bought it from us, You can bring it back any time"

-Joe

#10 User is offline   G.J. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:05 PM

View PostDream of Nullification, on Aug 3 2006, 01:36 PM, said:

id say your seriously overpaying at 30 for 500 and should look twords other feilds

It was just an example :D

#11 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

lol kk, i dont really like feild paint only if im shooting it out of my own marker. if i want to put junk paint through my gun its my right to do so.

when i speed the feild here is $10 for feild fee if you buy feild paint and 15 if you byop. usualy ill buy 500 rounds of there cheapest paint and get the $10 feild fee and bring my own for everything i need past that 500. best bargin for the buck IMO

#12 User is offline   ottoman98 

• The Sultan
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sovietsniper

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

If its field paint, they wont even know that you bought it last week.

#13 User is offline   Meuchelmorder 

• Demon Hunter
  • PipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

View PostThe Scout, on Aug 1 2006, 04:41 PM, said:

Most fields claim their reasons for having field paint only is because some players think its better to freeze their paint just to cause more pain. Also they don't want to have old, possibly mutated paint being brought to their fields Many fields want to insure that there are no other safety issues that could arise by allowing other players to bring their own paint.

They may claim that, but the real reason they won't let you bring your own paint: Paint sales is where they make most of their money.

Every field but one (that I've been to) has allowed me to bring it back at a later date.

#14 User is offline   boiler 

• The bad thing about doing nothing, is not knowing when to stop.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:boiler

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

Im not exactly sure on the policies of the field that i play at, but when we have paint left over, we often save it and bring it back for the next week. They usually dont notice but if they did i dont think they would really care.
EGO 08 OWNER
ETEK OWNER
ION OWNER

#15 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:03 PM

i so hate FPO, most of the times its not that great and when it is they charge an arm and a leg

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users