Special Ops Paintball: LVL 10: Doesn't Fire. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LVL 10: Doesn't Fire. No Leaks, Airs Up, Bolt "clicks", pressure behind trigger. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sup

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

So I replace the regulator piston assembly on my classic 68 since it was so old it couldn't take the LVL 10. Put everything back together, aired up the marker and........Nothing happens when I pull the trigger. The marker is pressurized, the bolt "clicks" into place, I can feel the air pressure behind the trigger, yet when I pull the bolt doesn't go forward. Nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Did you move any of the pieces in the trigger group?you gotta be sure your sear is tripping and that the bolt can pass all components of the sear.

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

View PostTenacious221, on Mar 26 2008, 06:55 PM, said:

Did you move any of the pieces in the trigger group?you gotta be sure your sear is tripping and that the bolt can pass all components of the sear.

-Tenacious

No, I just pulled the bolt off the back. I didn't touch the frame or the rail.

#4 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:06 AM

Did you remember to turn your velocity up?

#5 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

View PostAaronC, on Mar 27 2008, 07:06 AM, said:

Did you remember to turn your velocity up?

Yes, but here is the thing. It seems to be requiring much higher pressure then the other Automag I have used with a LVL 10 on. I started turning the velocity screw pulling the trigger the whole way until I got it to fire. I am about 1 turn away from the screw being all the way in. I have never had it that tight before on other mags. The problem is it now is slightly leaking out the back. I have the medium spring in.

Thoughts?

Also, when testing anti chop with a squeegee it seems to take quite a bit of force to stop of the bolt. I think how it is now it is going to cut right through a paintball. Is it just in my head? I have a 2.0 carrier and 2 shims.

#6 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Your carrier could just be too tight try setting your level 10 up from scratch with a larger carrier and the shortest spring.

#7 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Just an update to my problem with one solved another created. I have been able to fix the leak. I switched out the spring to a smaller one and the leak is gone. I turned the velocity screw back a 1/4 turn or so and it now dry fires fine.

However, now when I feed ANY balls into the marker the bolt stops and vents as if it is anti-chopping. It will keep doing this trigger pull after trigger pull. I cannot get it to actually fire a ball. The bolt does reset.

I have tried 0-3 shims in there. Don't know what to adjust or tweak now, any help? As I mentioned above in this post as well there is a bran new regulator piston assembly in there too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users