• You cannot reply to this topic

sights or scopes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tippmannm98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:tyler

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

should i get a sight or a scope i saw this one paintball gun that both and i was wondering if i could do that i have tippmann m98

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  scope.txt (129bytes)
    Number of downloads: 32

#2 User is offline   Hubb 

• Let's do dis!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hubb

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:34 PM

This all depends on your playing style. From my experience, the dot sight is a much better choice for sniping. Go with a dot sight if you are looking at being the sniper.

The scope would be more for a mil-sim look, but it could be used with paintballs. It would just take longer to see it and may not be as accurate as you want.

As far as mounting both, it could be done but is not very feasible. Why (other than looks) would you want a scope and a dot sight?

#3 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

its harder to acquire a close range target (eg...paintball range) with a scope than a sight. Go with a 1x sight and you're good to go. You wont need anything more.

#4 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:22 PM

I have a BSA red dot on my a5, I do not use it that much but when I need to take that one or two shots that count, it comes in handy knowing about were they are going.

Jag
My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#5 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

IMO they are uneccesary cosmetic add ons.
:)

#6 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:59 PM

i have both on my tiberius 9 (maybe you saw mine :laugh: ) ... but anyhow, i use the scope primarily to see if that "bush" over there is really a "guy"
.. some people say just get a bi/monocular but then you gotta get it out and put it away.. mine is always at the ready.... and i can use it to shoot.

with my red dot mounted above my scope it sits really high and speeds up target acquisition.. i have my red dot zero'd at 40ft and my scope zero'd at 80ft . having it this way just makes sense, i wont be using my red dot at 80ft, and i wont be using my scope at 40ft, and i never have to guess much when arcing a ball, i have a reference point at both ranges.

how i mounted the red dot above the scope i took a short picatanny rail and dremmeled out a small square out of the bottom so that the clamps on a ring would reach and clamp on the sides properly, since the sides are identical right-side up as upside down, it clamps right on, then i clamped the red dot on the rail, with its clamps on either side of the ring joining the scope and the reddot

there's pics of my gun in my brigade page:
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...w.asp?id=141313

you can also get a tri rail scope ring or mount like this one:
http://www.airsoftat...a_3rail_jpg.jpg

---

edit: i forgot to say, anything over a 4x scope is pointless... dont waist your money.. if you cant see it with 4x it not worth worrying about in paintball.
i'm using a 4x 30mm bushnell ($40 at walmart or canadian tire)

This post has been edited by P V: 25 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#7 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:24 AM

Scopes are good, but I like dot sights better. (0 magnification)
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   metalhead39 

• The flesh torpedo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:metalhead39

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:39 AM

just use a 1x(no magnification), 30mm or larger sight. It kinda pointless to use magnification.

#9 User is offline   Grimes 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Grimes

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

I have used both scopes and sights in paintball and I have to say that I like to use both of them.
My 4x32 ACOG scope is primarily used for spotting players who look like bumps on trees, or people in ghillie suits from far away. However they are not so good to have when the actual combat starts because it is almost impossible to quickly engage someone when you have magnification. I use my scope when I am playing long scenario games and when I am hanging around in the back, picking off targets and yelling out orders :D .

When I am playing regular walkon or CQB (close quarter battle) games, I use my G&P EoTech sight. ((Ebay link if you're interested))
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...rksid=p3907.m29
As you can see, it is a holographic sight with a big spotting window that allows you to keep both eyes open while shooting. It's a great feeling to pop your marker to your shoulder and have the crosshairs right in front of your face without having to cock your head or squint.

#10 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

I have a 2-7x30 scope that I used on my semi-moded Stingray. Eventually I will mount this on my new 98C ACT along with a 1x or 2x red dot. The scope was fun to use as I could get a better look at what was up ahead, but other than that it wasn't all that usefull as most of the shots I made where only 30-40 feet and usually moving targets.

#11 User is offline   artillerist90 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:artillerist90

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

sight is the way to go on these. One key reason is that with a sight, you can keep BOTH eyes open and still hit your mark as oppose to just one when your using a scope(it's called tunnel vision and it's not good). A wide angle of view plus a lighted aimpoint will give you the greatest advantage on the field; you don't have to make a sacrifice for accuracy.

This post has been edited by artillerist90: 18 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

phoom...phoom, phoom...phoom, phoom, phoom...PHANTOM.

#12 User is offline   SureShot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:38 AM

Doesn't matter, it's all in personal preference.
Just one side note: NO MAGNIFICATION! I can't tell you how many times I've see newbies carting around telescopic scopes.
Sure, if your marker is decked out to shout over 100 yards than be my guest (which it'll never be), otherwise NO!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users