• You cannot reply to this topic

Flurry Emissary Vest This thing is amazing

#1 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Warriortothecore882

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

I just ordered a Flurry Emissary vest. This thing is awesome. I knew it was going to be good from what I had read about it, but I couldn't believe it once I had it. It is everything I was looking for from this vest and more.

Color/Pattern:
I got it in their Digi-Camo pattern. The pictures on the site don't do this vest justice. The site showed this camo as having too much brown and tan, when in actuality, this is the perfect blend of colors for a woodland area like the one I live in. It is a little on the glossy side, but I'm sure that will change after a day in the mud.

Accessibilty/Functonality:
Everything on this vest is very easily accessible. I have taken out every pod numerous times to try out the reach and ease of putting them back, and it was incredibly easy. This may sound stange to some, but for me, I have never had a pack/vest that the pods slide down vertically. The front pockets are equally as easy to use. I have packed everything I think I will need into this vest and there is still room for more. I can't believe the size of the pockets, and the front upper set of pockets is really cool.

Features:
There are three pockets in this portion of the vest. There is a flip-down map/ID card pocket that will come in handy in the future. Right behind it is a normal pocket for some various small things, possibly a small pull-through squeegee or something. The biggest pocket in the back of the set has a zipper almost all the way around, allowing it to flip down as well if needed. This can fit a lot of diiferent things, such as a wallet, keys, etc. There are 2 large pockets on the lower part of the vest on the front as well. These are large enough to fit a couple grenades each, or really whatever might be needed. There are 4 pod holders, as well as 2 additional loops for pods on the back, which can be moved around to go horizontally or vertically. The Hydration bladder pouch is a nice feature, as my old vest didn't have one. The radio pouch is movable, so it makes having a radio a little more convenient. this vest has a loop with a clip to hang a mask on when not in use. This is nice because I ended up buying a carabiner for the same purpose for my old vest. There are Velcro strips on the front above the top pockets and on the back on the front of the Hydration pouch. I know these will come in handy once my team gets nametags, but for now, the front one holds my subdued Commander patch.

Mobility:
From what I have tried while in it, I was able to do anything I would normally do in a game. I was able to crawl crouch, twist, etc. without anything restricting my movement.

Protection:
This isn't a big issue for me, but this vest adds a great deal of protection from a hit. It has a good deal of padding, which will absorb most of the sting from a hit, which might be a problem, because I may not know if I get hit. It seems like it will also increase the chance of a bounce. I thought the padding was a little thicker than I expected a vest to be, but not so much that it takes away from mobility or anything.

Update: I just got to try it out today. It was just a practice to check out our big field we are going to use for a scenario. This vest is great. It holds sooo much stuff. It got a little heavy after a while, but it was raining and the vest/padding was soaking up a lot of water. Still a great vest though. I will get to try it out in an actual game in a week or two, so I will probably have another update as of then.

Update #2: I got to use this in a normal game finally. Wow. I ran with it for a fair distance (asthmatic, so I can't run far) and it felt like there was nothing there. The vest didn't move around or drag me down at all. everything stayed in place securely, nothing lost. Held up to the abuse I put it through, crawling through brush, diving on the ground, etc. Still a great vest.

All in all, a rather good vest from what I have seen on it. It looks and feels like it will take a lot of abuse. I give it a 10/10.

This post has been edited by Warriortothecore882: 09 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

Fortem et Honorem - Strength and Honor

#2 User is offline   Silent_Sniper22 

• If we cant do it no one can!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent_Sniper22

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:01 PM

I as well have this vest and its amazing, it has taken quit a beeting and still standing, everything that Warriortothecore882
said is true i also give it a 10/10
My Brigade
IPB Image
DEATH ALWAYS STARE'S YOU IN THE EYE
THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS STARE BACK!!!

#3 User is offline   Femur Breaker 

• ^^^HeadshotPhantom makes a sweet avatar
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Femur Breaker

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

I am going to ask the same thing for this vest that I just asked in another review. Can you crawl extremely well with it? I am a sniper so I expect to do a lot of crawling with whatever vest I get. You said it was good for crawling already, but how about for long periods of time. Pictures might help too. I am just wondering what the best sniper vest to get is, and my research has started here. Any advice would be appreciated.
I joined Myspace: Who wants to be my friend?...lol
Broken Bones Member (2 Femurs....!)
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:04 AM

From what crawling I have done, it seems like it will be fine to crawl fo ra long period of time if needed. It has a lot of padding, so that kind of cushions against the ground. It is pretty easy to crawl in as well. THere are no problems as far as I can tell. There isn't really anything on the vest to get snagged on brush or anything.

#5 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

Femur Breaker, on Jan 18 2006, 09:04 PM, said:

I am going to ask the same thing for this vest that I just asked in another review. Can you crawl extremely well with it? I am a sniper so I expect to do a lot of crawling with whatever vest I get. You said it was good for crawling already, but how about for long periods of time. Pictures might help too. I am just wondering what the best sniper vest to get is, and my research has started here. Any advice would be appreciated.

i to am a sniper and also have the vest and love it, it has caused me no problems and fits very well and here are some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

the one with the ghillie on it is actully under my ghillie and as you can see there is no problem with blukieness or anything like that, it is an all around good vest and a great alternitive to getting one made(to much money) and i have taken the padding out of mine and i am still comfortable crawling on the ground but if you were going to crawl on the ground i would not reccomend putting nades in you front pouches, and also one of the front pouches has a velcro flipdown thing with clear plastic so if you are in a scenario then you can put your card in there and just flip[ it down to show it.... 11/10 is what i rate this product and if you want a good deal go to ebay because i got mine $30 cheaper than a new one and mine was pretty much new.

#6 User is offline   hired_gun 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hired_Gun

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

we love our Flurrie vests and they also they have awsome Jerseys

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by hired_gun: 19 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

#7 User is offline   Fallout 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

I agree this vest owns!
Never hinders your movement hold all your gear and feels way lighter than a normal pack with more paint because it distibutes the weight. Also way more comforetabole than even mantis packs(That own all others!) it 100% adjustibole perfect for grenades the list goes on and on adn oh yeah its cheap!
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."
Such is the Rule of Honor

#8 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:28 AM

I second everything Warriortothecore882 said. He covered everything, so I really can't anything.

10/10. And you even get 2 Free stickers and a patch :D
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#9 User is offline   AustinMRPB 

• Tippinator
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JUNO

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:51 PM

I took the padding OUT of my Flurry Vest for the exact reason Warriortothecore mentioned;

It would soak up sweat or rain and the vest would get heavier. Not significantly heavier but I removed it and since have noticed that my vest is more bareable during hot summer days and also that I feel hits more. I didn't like the fact that I would sometimes miss a hit because of the padding.

I agree with everything else though, these vests are TOUGH!

#10 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:41 PM

I am getting one as soon as I get my tax return!!!!!! This thing looks awesome
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#11 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:45 PM

Warriortothecore882, on Jan 18 2006, 07:36 PM, said:

I just ordered a Flurry Emissary vest. This thing is awesome. I knew it was going to be good from what I had read about it, but I couldn't believe it once I had it. It is everything I was looking for from this vest and more.

Color/Pattern:
I got it in their Digi-Camo pattern. The pictures on the site don't do this vest justice. The site showed this camo as having too much brown and tan, when in actuality, this is the perfect blend of colors for a woodland area like the one I live in. It is a little on the glossy side, but I'm sure that will change after a day in the mud.

Accessibilty/Functonality:
Everything on this vest is very easily accessible. I have taken out every pod numerous times to try out the reach and ease of putting them back, and it was incredibly easy. This may sound stange to some, but for me, I have never had a pack/vest that the pods slide down vertically. The front pockets are equally as easy to use. I have packed everything I think I will need into this vest and there is still room for more. I can't believe the size of the pockets, and the front upper set of pockets is really cool.

Features:
There are three pockets in this portion of the vest. There is a flip-down map/ID card pocket that will come in handy in the future. Right behind it is a normal pocket for some various small things, possibly a small pull-through squeegee or something. The biggest pocket in the back of the set has a zipper almost all the way around, allowing it to flip down as well if needed. This can fit a lot of diiferent things, such as a wallet, keys, etc. There are 2 large pockets on the lower part of the vest on the front as well. These are large enough to fit a couple grenades each, or really whatever might be needed. There are 4 pod holders, as well as 2 additional loops for pods on the back, which can be moved around to go horizontally or vertically. The Hydration bladder pouch is a nice feature, as my old vest didn't have one. The radio pouch is movable, so it makes having a radio a little more convenient. this vest has a loop with a clip to hang a mask on when not in use. This is nice because I ended up buying a carabiner for the same purpose for my old vest. There are Velcro strips on the front above the top pockets and on the back on the front of the Hydration pouch. I know these will come in handy once my team gets nametags, but for now, the front one holds my subdued Commander patch.

Mobility:
From what I have tried while in it, I was able to do anything I would normally do in a game. I was able to crawl crouch, twist, etc. without anything restricting my movement.

Protection:
This isn't a big issue for me, but this vest adds a great deal of protection from a hit. It has a good deal of padding, which will absorb most of the sting from a hit, which might be a problem, because I may not know if I get hit. It seems like it will also increase the chance of a bounce. I thought the padding was a little thicker than I expected a vest to be, but not so much that it takes away from mobility or anything.

Update: I just got to try it out today. It was just a practice to check out our big field we are going to use for a scenario. This vest is great. It holds sooo much stuff. It got a little heavy after a while, but it was raining and the vest/padding was soaking up a lot of water. Still a great vest though. I will get to try it out in an actual game in a week or two, so I will probably have another update as of then.

All in all, a rather good vest from what I have seen on it. It looks and feels like it will take a lot of abuse. I give it a 10/10.

Nice review. :)

#12 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

i was just wondering, i like mine tight to my body but it kinda chokes me, does anyone else have that problem. since i am short i have the straps all the way tight but i dont want it to be hanging down all far though, it kinda sucks i have 6 in one and a half dozen in the other!!!!

#13 User is offline   Easy PIR 

• CA:GRIDLOCK
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

ninja monkey, on Feb 1 2006, 12:40 PM, said:

i was just wondering, i like mine tight to my body but it kinda chokes me, does anyone else have that problem. since i am short i have the straps all the way tight but i dont want it to be hanging down all far though, it kinda sucks i have 6 in one and a half dozen in the other!!!!

What's your build? If you're skinny, you won't really be able to get it very tight, and the front part will try and choke you out.

You can try a web belt. You'll be able to keep the vest down, away from your neck.

LÁMH LÁIDIR AN ÚACHTAR - GREIM A CHOINNEÁIL AR SUÁILCE
||||ÉIRE|||| [ ÉIRINN GO BRÁCH ] ||||ÉIRE||||
EGO SHOOTER

#14 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

Easy PIR, on Feb 1 2006, 01:47 PM, said:

ninja monkey, on Feb 1 2006, 12:40 PM, said:

What's your build? If you're skinny, you won't really be able to get it very tight, and the front part will try and choke you out.

You can try a web belt. You'll be able to keep the vest down, away from your neck.

Posted Image

that is my built and hopefully you can see how close it is to my neck!!! it sucks but i love that vest and it is good for all kinds of stuff and the best to crawl with since every thing is so flat unlike other vests

thanks for the idea but i dont know what a web belt is?

#15 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

View PostAustinMRPB, on Jan 31 2006, 10:51 PM, said:

I took the padding OUT of my Flurry Vest for the exact reason Warriortothecore mentioned;

It would soak up sweat or rain and the vest would get heavier. Not significantly heavier but I removed it and since have noticed that my vest is more bareable during hot summer days and also that I feel hits more. I didn't like the fact that I would sometimes miss a hit because of the padding.

I agree with everything else though, these vests are TOUGH!

I plan on taking the padding out once the weather starts to warm up a bit. It got really hot even out in the snow right now.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users