• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nike Land Shark Review

#1 User is offline   twisted ion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

Packed with power and built with extra bite, the Nike Land Shark Mid Men's football Cleat is the ultimate on-field threat.

Synthetic materials combine to create a great fit while the molded eyelets enhance ankle lockdown for superior support.
New Phylon midsole for enhanced comfort.
New rubber Shark outsole with proven and tested traction elements.

Materials/Craftsmanship - Made of rubber and leather as most cleats are the make up of the cleat is typical Nike.

Ease of use - Well if you do not know how to use shoes yet I guess you should not be reading this review :dry:

Looks - This will always depend on the buyer and what they like or dislike. I personally like the aggressive look of the black cleats with the different textured leathers/nylons.

Overall - I just bought these today to break them in for the upcoming game at Battlefront. I expected these to leave blisters on my feet since they were new. To my surprise no blisters. There was some discomfort like you get with wearing a different style shoe than what you are used to. The bite you get with these are top of the line. I climbed up and down the logging toad at MVP and did not slip once, while a guy in front of me fell right on his butt. He was wearing cross trainers. Overall for the first time wearing them (about 6 hours total)I would say they are as comfortable as you can expect for new cleats/shoes. For the $44.95 price tag you cannot go wrong. I went with mids to have the extra ankle support. This I have to rate a 10 as the support was great!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
www.dmeyerspb.com

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

Good review. I might look into a pair for myself. ne question though.... What's a logging toad? :P

View Posttwisted ion, on May 30 2009, 07:35 PM, said:

I climbed up and down the logging toad at MVP and did not slip once, while a guy in front of me fell right on his butt.

Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   twisted ion 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

View PostPuzuma, on May 30 2009, 10:52 PM, said:

Good review. I might look into a pair for myself. ne question though.... What's a logging toad? :rolleyes:

View Posttwisted ion, on May 30 2009, 07:35 PM, said:

I climbed up and down the logging toad at MVP and did not slip once, while a guy in front of me fell right on his butt.

The logging toad is a distant descendant of paul bunyan.
Posted Image
www.dmeyerspb.com

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

A very nice review.

I wore Lansharks for three seasons and agree these are a great shoe for paintball.

After Landsharks I discovered Under Armor Hammer Mids. Also a flexable soled cleat.

And have since moved onto Inov-8 Xtalon 212's....my favorite paintball shoe ever!

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

we really dont sell alot of these at our store, I like the Under Armour styling a little more. you can also look into soccer shoes.
but yea, for paintball Im usuing a pair of New balance sneakers.. lol probaly not the best but I like em alot.

Also, nike's insoles are terrible. ( thats just nike,) if you can look into a insole for them, Spenco insoles arnt really that great becuase they will wear down.

There is an insole we have at out store and is avaliable at most sporting good stores. its called Super Feet. they are a hard insole and you can get the athletic support which really makes a difference when your running.

#6 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

I bought that color and style in December to try out for the DC Arena indoor football team (didn't make the cut) and I was sick of slipping in the mud with my Magnum steel toes so I decided to switch to my Land Sharks. I love them. I will never play in boots again after switching to these.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users