• You cannot reply to this topic

TM-7 Intial Impressions Gassed up and fired today Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Corndogggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:REMOVED AS INAPPROPRIATE

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

Here are my initial impressions of the TM-7 marker today.

Received it today, gassed up and fired it. Pics to follow.

Overall, the package box was well done, and the marker manual was clear on maintenance/troublehsooting/startup. You get a box for tools, and they even include a Duracell battery for you.

The hopper adapter came with the gun, it mounts to the pictanny rail without a problem.

FIRING THE GUN:

Pro: 1. used about 450 psi on full pod (140 rounds of paint) with tank starting at 2000 psi, thats pretty good. Seems efficient.

2. Fire selector switch is NICE.

3. Had no problems ramping full auto.

Cons:

1. Wow, the kickback, felt like a blowback marker (I will discuss this)

2. Full auto is actually NXL full auto.

3. Stock barrel was not good (I know, it also depends on the paint)

4. Loud (some people like it loud)

First, let me say that I have fired and used many guns. A-5, timmys, egos, ions. I also owned a very upped SP8, and ego, and a A-5. First, I liked the safety selector switch, was awesome being able to switch modes. Full auto is not truly full auto, it is NXL auto (means you need at least 3 semi-auto shots to start). I am sure a board upgrade will be in the works for it.

I first fired semi-auto and full auto on stock settings. The gun operates at 200 psi, so it is low pressure op. The manual says it is best if you use a low pressure reg but it also said a high pressure tank reg is fine. I screw my 68/45 tank on it it cleared the stock without any problems. Actually it made the balance perfect with my hopper.

One aspect I immediately noticed was the kick. It was worse than an SP1 but less kick than an A-5. Firing on full auto with that much kick was something that I am not used to. I did not adjust velocity because I do not have a chronograph, but I cannot believe adjusting velocity will make a real difference. I cannot compare the kick to a Mini since I have never fired one, so someone could chime in.

Another aspect it was loud. My upped SP8 is ultraquiet operating at 125 psi, 6 ms dwell, with a TechT L7 bolt, no problems firing full auto at 18bps. I was suprised how loud it was. Again, probably due to the design but also the barrel had no porting holes. Some people my like it that way, personally, quieter is better for stealth.

I shot a full pod through reducing my tank from 2100 to above 1500. Not bad. I will due some more through tests later.

#2 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

The unported barrel was definitely causing the loud report more than the design of the marker... Minis are pretty quiet with a well ported barrel so the TM7 should be as well. As for the kick, that's likely because your spring isn't broken in yet. The more you use it and break in the spring, the less kick it will have, and it'll also become more efficient, just like with Minis.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#3 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

. how easy is it to access the bolt for cleaning or lubing?
. is the stock removable?

#4 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Very nice, I will receive mine on Friday, at which point there will be a maintainence video to follow.
Stock is removable.

#5 User is offline   Varnel 

• Team F.E.A.R Co-Captain
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Varnel

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:56 AM

Nice review man. When you were on full auto and getting all the kick did you have the stock out and securely against your shoulder? If not try it that way. The gun will also get better as you break it in. The more you shoot it the more you should see a drop in kick and an increase in effeciency as the reg breaks in.

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

As said, the kick will reduce some when you break in the spring. And to "chime in" my mini had barely any kick to it.

#7 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

Impressive. The kick is primarily due to how light the marker is. A heavier marker has more inertia and will seem to have less kick. The Mini is similar to the Automag in that it's a bolt-only operation, so there's not a lot of reciprocating mass, but, just like the Mag, on a gun that light you can definitely feel it. I'm sure you can apply most Mini upgrades to it, which will further improve the efficiency and performance as well, and reduce the recoil.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#8 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:48 AM

I personally loved the volume it had to it when I shot one, it was just a lot of fun to play around with. The selector switch is also very, very cool-it was a lot of fun to switch to F/A and rock and roll with it at the Kee tent at D-Day. 'Cocker-threaded barrels is also a very nice touch, and it seems that they're retailing for $400, not the $425 we heard at D-Day-bonus!

Personally, I think the TM-7 is the best thing to happen to milsim/scenario since the A-5 or the Tac-One. Very solid, quality little marker. Slap a J&J Ceramic kit, maybe with an Apex tip, drop on a Magna and you can rock and roll. The fact that it felt very nice both with and without a tank was a huge bonus for me as well.

#9 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

I think that the TM7 will be my entry into the field of electros (after I get my Phantom of course...)

it seems really awesome, and like MP said, the best thing to happen to Milsim since the Tac-One and A5.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#10 User is offline   Corndogggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:REMOVED AS INAPPROPRIATE

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Jul 23 2008, 12:02 PM, said:

I think that the TM7 will be my entry into the field of electros (after I get my Phantom of course...)

it seems really awesome, and like MP said, the best thing to happen to Milsim since the Tac-One and A5.

there is a problem. I noticed today that I gassed up that their was a hissing sound, so I was leaking somewhere. I used water soap combination and I found where it was coming from. There is a hole on the bottom of the ASA. At first, I thought I dropped a screw out, but I inspected the hole closely and it was NOT threaded. The hole location is at the very bottom located in approximately the middle of the thread of where your tank would thread in to. My guess is that it is a relief vent hole. My oring looks fine, I probably need to switch to a new o-ring and grease it with oil to allow it to swell. But it was leaking from there. It leaks about 100 psi of air per hour (I checked the gauge after an hour.) The next person that gets the gun needs to check to see if they can replicate my results. Pics tomorrow.

#11 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

pics or shens :D

good luck with the leak. Hopefully it's just the o-ring.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#12 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

That does sound like the vent hole on the Mini ASA. I suspect that the oring is the issue. I've had it happened before with my Mini (and my A5, and my Phantom.)
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#13 User is offline   fourthsyde 

• Bringer Of Pain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FOURTHSYDE

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:38 AM

are you using a high pressure or low pressure tank?

#14 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, that'll be a tank issue. Pretty much ever ASA has the same hole for that purpose.

#15 User is offline   SteelHearted 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Can you put a double finger trigger onto it?

------------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by: St. Croix paintball Supply, Splattag, CC military surplus, WPN paintball.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users