Special Ops Paintball: Monsterballs - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Monsterballs banned Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#91 User is offline   CdnNinja 

  • The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,119
  • Joined: 11-July 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McGregor, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:53 PM

I have never been hit with monster balls. My field is white or yellow paint only so monster is out of the question.
Posted Image
0

#92 User is offline   HelicopterPilot 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 84
  • Joined: 06-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tracy, California
  • Brigade Name:HelicopterPilot

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

It sucks getting hit with it. It always bounces ,but hurts. A lot. The fields I now play at have banned monsterball. They said it might be cheap ,but why put a price on someone's life. (apparently someones lens broke when it got hit with monsterballs. The dude is okay though.) So yeah. Monsterballs are not cool stuff to use.

Tippmann Owner #107 & Sabre # ╥ (Pi)
0

#93 User is offline   STAZ211 

  • Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 737
  • Joined: 14-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

View PostxX_jXx, on Sep 4 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

I have never been hit with monster balls. My field is white or yellow paint only so monster is out of the question.



well, its kinda like getting shot with a marble, but worse because you never get hit with only one at a time since they dont break.
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."
0

#94 User is offline   oerllikon 

  • All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 967
  • Joined: 09-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:32 AM

View PostBecc, on Sep 4 2008, 11:59 AM, said:

View PostSTAZ211, on Sep 4 2008, 06:30 AM, said:

View Postoerllikon, on Sep 4 2008, 12:40 AM, said:

View Postghost93, on Sep 1 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

Monsterballs commercial
But the TV said they were great! And the TV never lies! :dodgy:

Thats not a surprise.

who is the competition that theyre talking about in the commercial?? rock faces or other jagged things?
that was stupid, they talk them up far, far, far too much

im suing for false advertisment.....

seconded


and no, rock faces bounce... maybe plywood boards with lots of nails sticking out... or would those bounce too?

good point, i think those would bounce too
0

#95 User is offline   Mike Phillips 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 20-August 08

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

fellas I apologize for the profanity in that video

It's pretty hard to make a public service announcement after getting a concussion

I've been shot with monster balls MANY times, and it was a horrific experience. As a matter of fact, the reason why my wife nearly refuses to play paintball anymore is because she was drilled by a run-away full auto Tippmann A-5 Flatline EGrip with a guy shooting monster balls. She took about 10 from 50 feet away and it was the loudest, most horrific scream I've ever heard.

I once was running up to surrender a group of players and took 2 monster balls in the throat from 15 feet away. They had to stop the game because I couldn't get my tongue back into my mouth, and I was gasping for air. It felt like I was hit in the throat by a 2x4

No one should ever experience this pain playing paintball. This is NOT what paintball is about. You shouldn't have to fear for your life when playing. We are playing a game of tag, not "let's see if we can actually kill someone today"

I had to go to the eye doctor a couple days after this happened, my left eye had retina bleeding and I still have blurred vision in my left eye, and I have a scar.


I'm glad the word is getting out. When a 150 pound man wearing construction boots can jump up and down on a bag of paint, and it still doesn't break, this garbage needs to be permanently banned from fields and from the sport

NEVER shoot Monsterball at anyone

Stop buying this brass eagle walmart garbage and get stuff that doesn't severely hurt people.
Yes, I already know that profanity is not allowed on this forum
0

#96 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,465
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Ohio

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

View PostMike Phillips, on Sep 17 2008, 12:25 AM, said:

fellas I apologize for the profanity in that video

It's pretty hard to make a public service announcement after getting a concussion

I've been shot with monster balls MANY times, and it was a horrific experience. As a matter of fact, the reason why my wife nearly refuses to play paintball anymore is because she was drilled by a run-away full auto Tippmann A-5 Flatline EGrip with a guy shooting monster balls. She took about 10 from 50 feet away and it was the loudest, most horrific scream I've ever heard.

I once was running up to surrender a group of players and took 2 monster balls in the throat from 15 feet away. They had to stop the game because I couldn't get my tongue back into my mouth, and I was gasping for air. It felt like I was hit in the throat by a 2x4

No one should ever experience this pain playing paintball. This is NOT what paintball is about. You shouldn't have to fear for your life when playing. We are playing a game of tag, not "let's see if we can actually kill someone today"

I had to go to the eye doctor a couple days after this happened, my left eye had retina bleeding and I still have blurred vision in my left eye, and I have a scar.


I'm glad the word is getting out. When a 150 pound man wearing construction boots can jump up and down on a bag of paint, and it still doesn't break, this garbage needs to be permanently banned from fields and from the sport

NEVER shoot Monsterball at anyone

Stop buying this brass eagle walmart garbage and get stuff that doesn't severely hurt people.


QFT
I played with Monsterballs for ONE HOPPER LOAD back when I was first starting, I noticed that I was taking bark off trees, and when I shot my friend from a good 50 feet away and brought blood I knew it was time to stop using them.

DON'T PLAY WITH MONSTERBALLS!
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper
0

#97 User is offline   Kman866 

  • AutoMaggot
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 239
  • Joined: 29-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens Georgia
  • Brigade Name:kman866

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

thanks for the video mike, this is getting a message out to alot of people... i might show my fields owner this thread and the video. it's scary what those things can do to you if your hit.
you should sue BE for damages to you or something. make them quit selling this junk.

This post has been edited by Kman866: 16 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your sig

If We Cant Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!


0

#98 User is offline   STAZ211 

  • Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 737
  • Joined: 14-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

View PostKman866, on Sep 17 2008, 12:39 AM, said:

thanks for the video mike, this is getting a message out to alot of people... i might show my fields owner this thread and the video. it's scary what those things can do to you if your hit.
you should sue BE for damages to you or something. make them quit selling this junk.



i double that
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."
0

#99 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

I plan on calling this to attention to my local fields that have BYOP.

Mike, thanks for the video. I am sorry that you were injured in the process, but hopefully we can use the incident to call attention to the problem.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#100 User is offline   TheChaplain 

  • solving the worlds deer population problems 290 grains at a time
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 114
  • Joined: 13-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jordanville NY

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

Increased Ball Accuracy:
Optimal combination of added weight :dry:
increased density and superior roundness <<LOL

quoted from the brass eagle website itself......

so if you have a good brand paint being shot side by side with this crap, the monstrosity ovals (NOT balls) will have a harder impact

I hate companies that hype themselves up to the point of danger.

This post has been edited by TheChaplain: 17 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

You have the right to remain silentwhatever you say can and will be misquoted then used against you
0

#101 User is offline   mass destruction 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 405
  • Joined: 08-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:copiague ny, aka middle of paintball nowhere

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

View PostMike Phillips, on Sep 16 2008, 09:25 PM, said:

fellas I apologize for the profanity in that video

It's pretty hard to make a public service announcement after getting a concussion
I dont think anybody blames ya
I've been shot with monster balls MANY times, and it was a horrific experience. As a matter of fact, the reason why my wife nearly refuses to play paintball anymore is because she was drilled by a run-away full auto Tippmann A-5 Flatline EGrip with a guy shooting monster balls. She took about 10 from 50 feet away and it was the loudest, most horrific scream I've ever heard.
thats horrible, did the field ban monsterballs after that?
I once was running up to surrender a group of players and took 2 monster balls in the throat from 15 feet away. They had to stop the game because I couldn't get my tongue back into my mouth, and I was gasping for air. It felt like I was hit in the throat by a 2x4
:dry: ow
No one should ever experience this pain playing paintball. This is NOT what paintball is about. You shouldn't have to fear for your life when playing. We are playing a game of tag, not "let's see if we can actually kill someone today"
^^exactly
I had to go to the eye doctor a couple days after this happened, my left eye had retina bleeding and I still have blurred vision in my left eye, and I have a scar.
do you know if the blurryness is going to go away?

I'm glad the word is getting out. When a 150 pound man wearing construction boots can jump up and down on a bag of paint, and it still doesn't break, this garbage needs to be permanently banned from fields and from the sport

NEVER shoot Monsterball at anyone

Stop buying this brass eagle walmart garbage and get stuff that doesn't severely hurt people.

(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.
0

#102 User is offline   Mike Phillips 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 20-August 08

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

To answer some questions, Monster Ball has always been banned from fields here in the Tampa area. But, it's difficult to enforce. Most of the fields allow you to bring your own paint, so sometimes it sneaks in

The best thing is awareness. Ya know, if you are just shooting in your backyard, there is nothing wrong with monster ball.

But people should certainly not be shooting this at other players. I've been shot with reballs at point blank, and even reballs don't hurt as much as this did because reballs are alot lighter.

It feels like being hit with a fishing weight, or a golf ball


I don't care if it happens to me, I just care that it doesn't happen to anyone else. And considering the price of this garbage, someone's first paintball experience should not be getting hit with a gun shooting monsterball.

The blurryness in my left eye is getting better, it comes and goes out of focus, but it definitely has gotten alot better. That first week after I was hit felt like the left eye was looking through a haze


I'm just glad the word is getting out
Yes, I already know that profanity is not allowed on this forum
0

#103 User is offline   STAZ211 

  • Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 737
  • Joined: 14-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

View PostMike Phillips, on Sep 18 2008, 02:39 AM, said:

To answer some questions, Monster Ball has always been banned from fields here in the Tampa area. But, it's difficult to enforce. Most of the fields allow you to bring your own paint, so sometimes it sneaks in

The best thing is awareness. Ya know, if you are just shooting in your backyard, there is nothing wrong with monster ball.

But people should certainly not be shooting this at other players. I've been shot with reballs at point blank, and even reballs don't hurt as much as this did because reballs are alot lighter.

It feels like being hit with a fishing weight, or a golf ball


I don't care if it happens to me, I just care that it doesn't happen to anyone else. And considering the price of this garbage, someone's first paintball experience should not be getting hit with a gun shooting monsterball.

The blurryness in my left eye is getting better, it comes and goes out of focus, but it definitely has gotten alot better. That first week after I was hit felt like the left eye was looking through a haze


I'm just glad the word is getting out


glad the blurriness is getting better. the first time i was ever shot, it was with a monster ball. cant remember exactly how i reacted, but i probibly wasnt too happy. im just glad it didnt scare me away from paintball. im now going on my 6th year of playing.

This post has been edited by STAZ211: 18 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."
0

#104 User is offline   Kman866 

  • AutoMaggot
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 239
  • Joined: 29-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens Georgia
  • Brigade Name:kman866

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

View PostMike Phillips, on Sep 17 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

I don't care if it happens to me, I just care that it doesn't happen to anyone else. And considering the price of this garbage, someone's first paintball experience should not be getting hit with a gun shooting monsterball.

when our rotc went to play (first time for everyone except me and 5 other guys), our sarge brought a case of them at walmart. well it turns out he hit everyone but me with them. he hit one girl in the... well, let's say the no no square :(
none of them busted, but here's the thing. when he was shooting at me, you know the way a ball looks when it's coming at you? it wasn't curcular like the normal ones. this was freaking oval shaped and going crazy as it went towards me. never got hit by it though.
what do they look like on the inside and outside?
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your sig

If We Cant Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!


0

#105 User is offline   STAZ211 

  • Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 737
  • Joined: 14-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

View PostKman866, on Sep 18 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

View PostMike Phillips, on Sep 17 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

I don't care if it happens to me, I just care that it doesn't happen to anyone else. And considering the price of this garbage, someone's first paintball experience should not be getting hit with a gun shooting monsterball.

when our rotc went to play (first time for everyone except me and 5 other guys), our sarge brought a case of them at walmart. well it turns out he hit everyone but me with them. he hit one girl in the... well, let's say the no no square :(
none of them busted, but here's the thing. when he was shooting at me, you know the way a ball looks when it's coming at you? it wasn't curcular like the normal ones. this was freaking oval shaped and going crazy as it went towards me. never got hit by it though.
what do they look like on the inside and outside?


they are misshapen. ive seen some with totaly flat sides
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."
0

Share this topic:


  • (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users