Special Ops Paintball: Another Marker stolen by Lee Kinney - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Another Marker stolen by Lee Kinney Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

In late April 2007, I sent a Viper m1 paintball marker ($300 value) and a check for $210 ($175 for custom work, $35 for return shipping) to a mister Alvin Lee Kinney, a custom airsmith, for some custom work he agreed to do. My check, #1104, for $210 was mailed to Lee Kinney at 2079 Nw Alocleck Suite 1011 Hillsboro, Oregon 97124, and was cashed on May 15, 2007. After about 5 months of no contact whatsoever, I found a large collection of people who had also been victimized by Mr. Kinney on varius internet paintball forums. Some of these people paid up front, and haven't heard a word from him in years! I was not aware of this when I sent him the check and the marker. About 6 months ago, he asked me for my return address again, and said my marker was ready. I have no received either my marker, or even a single email from him. I did however find a thread on the Dodge neon forums where he gave a list including pictures of how much he has spent building his little racecar. I also have a copy of the correpsondence I did receive from Mr Kinney. There are a large number of people who have been victimized by this man.

For those of you who have also been "punished"
Please go here
http://www.doj.state...planation.shtml
and file a claim as well. After which,
Rebecca (Becky) Papke
Enforcement Officer
Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section
Oregon Attorney General's Office
1162 Court St NE
Salem, Oregon 97301-4096
rebecca.papke@state.or.us
contact her

Also file a complaint at
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

Contact info for Punisher.
Business
Punishers Customs, 2079 Nw Alocleck Suite 1011 Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
Home
Alvin Lee Kinney Jr 24125 NE Wapato School Rd Gaston, Oregon 97119
971-506-3339

This post has been edited by DonnCath: 13 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

:Cough:Crowd Buster:Cough:

He made great stuff...but imo when he tried to make the crowd busters he doomed himself.

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, how much did people pay up front for those? No one can even get an email back from him.

#4 User is offline   pdxp8ntballer 

• Now in certified PSP ref flavor!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:big bruno

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

I just saw this thread, and I work not too far from the alleged address on alocleck, I'll check it out and see if it still exists.
Team Blacksheep: 2008, 2009 SPPL Oregon sportsmanship winners, 2010 Oregon masters divison first place. www.teamblacksheep-pb.com
Thanks to our awesome sponsors! www.Dangerouspower.com www.actionacrespb.com

#5 User is offline   Gram Reaper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GRAM REAPER

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

His blog says that he's trying to get back on the ball and is shipping out on average 4 guns a week and about 8 boxes of custom ordered parts. By his seemingly recent blog posting (4-22-08) I trust that you will get your things back and hope for his case that you are pleased
I gag every time I hear the word agg

#6 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:05 AM

it shouldn't be hard too win the court case, unless you dont have your recite.
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#7 User is offline   paintball7410 

• headshot
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipingmadcow

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

First of all, you should not be giving his private information out like candy. that is an evasion of his personal information.

Secondly Kinney (Punisher's Custom's) is a one man show,he does all his custom work on the side of a normal life, he has a lot a whole lot on his plate also.

Custom work takes time, thats why it is so costly and needs time to be done excellently.

He too works a full time job, with most of his free time going to the countless custom projects that he has going right now. He has had so many bad things happen to him, like his car being broken into, let alone his huge medical bills, which is why he is working his butt off on his job.

so dude take it easy and wait for your custom work.

#8 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:27 PM

It's been a full year with no contact. I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for that. None whatsoever.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#9 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:31 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 27 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

It's been a full year with no contact. I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for that. None whatsoever.

Doc has the same sort of thing happen (hell, he's got guns from 2003 still)...a year is excessive, but it's more the fact that there's been no contact than anything else. if it took a year and he had sent out an email or two, that'd be a whole lot better.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#10 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

View Postpaintball7410, on Apr 26 2008, 08:44 PM, said:

First of all, you should not be giving his private information out like candy. that is an evasion of his personal information.

Secondly Kinney (Punisher's Custom's) is a one man show,he does all his custom work on the side of a normal life, he has a lot a whole lot on his plate also.

Custom work takes time, thats why it is so costly and needs time to be done excellently.

He too works a full time job, with most of his free time going to the countless custom projects that he has going right now. He has had so many bad things happen to him, like his car being broken into, let alone his huge medical bills, which is why he is working his butt off on his job.

Its differnt if he was working on it and communicating...

Its also his fault for taking waay more work than he can handle...he has been in business long enough to know how much time things will take and if he gets behind on projects he shouldnt take more...but he did get behind and he did keep taking projects.

I feel for the guy but he completely brought this upon himself and really should fix the situation...or just pull a brad and go into hiding...lol

Peace,
Teddy K

#11 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

An honest and earnest man would tell prospective clients

"Hey, really backed up, could take a year to get your project complete. Still interested in having me do the work?"

There is NO EXCUSE for taking peoples money and not performing the work in a timely manner...not even "Hey I have a real life and a real job too".
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#12 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

Really we are one of the last bigger PB sites not to have a Lee Kinney thread. Since this guy works via the net I only think info on him via the net is appropriate.

1. Just somethings:

www.Neon.org

To quote Kinney

Actually it's for road course work, mainly track days....I like picking on expensive cars!

However he threatens continously to go bankrupt and that nobody will get money back.

Still here but maybe not for long. I'm not taking new custom work for the foreseeable future. I tried guys, I've put everything I have into this, all my money, all my time, all my heart and there's nothing left to give. I've given up time off, weekends, evenings, social events, family gatherings, holidays, vacations, watching TV, going for a hike, dating consistently and a miriad of other things that you all take for granted in your important little lives, for this. I've had to take a job to keep my job open and that's pretty rough on the ol' spirit.

2. One guy from Mcarterbrown. He claims a 7 years wait now. He's not the only one. He made the post in Feb/08.

mcarterbrown

My transactions date back to 2000-2001. I've got over 20 pages of cut/paste transaction emails with Lee but after all these years it'd take me a weekend to sort out all the serial numbers, etc, to find out what he's got of mine. I know for sure he has Palmer Blazer #009 (yes, the 9th one made. RamboPreacher has 006, if I remember..) for re-timing, a mildly milled phantom I got off ebay and shipped directly there. It had a carter style stainless barrel (why I bought it..) and I've got another of that same barrel so I can verify for-sale ads to check if its my gun. I've got a pump-assist warrior I paid $300 (if memory serves correctly-- it has been almost a decade now, ya know) that came to me leaky so I sent it back.. It's depressing to consider the list of guns so I'm going to stop.

3. I can start a forum on his upset customers. A search on the popular PB sites will show numerous negative posts about him. So I guess it was only inevitable that we should soon have one. The funniest part I find is that there are feedback threads for him but they were never started by him. I guess you can imagine what the feedback reports are like.

#13 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

Here's what I don't get: people have his address. Has he never ripped off anyone close enough that they could call the local police?

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#14 User is offline   Hawk1216 

• Gunwhore
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hawk1216

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

View Postpaintball7410, on Apr 26 2008, 10:44 PM, said:

Punisher is officially a criminal in my book. Theft a' plenty.

No reason to defend him anymore.
Special Ops +39/-0
PBnation +8/-0
E-bay +77/-0

#15 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:15 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Apr 28 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Here's what I don't get: people have his address. Has he never ripped off anyone close enough that they could call the local police?

They do report it but he's a natural born liar. He claims the items are done but he doesn't have the return address and such.

Donnachaidh said:

I think for the most part, everyone has been professional. And for the record, before I dealt with Lee, I didn't have the option of searching for feedback, because I was downrange (Iraq). The internet is SO slow there, and there are time limits, after the long wait.
Anyway, I asked Officer Papke to email Lee regarding this. She did. His response was that the work had been done for months and months now. So I asked her to email him again as to why I have never received so much as a reply, let alone my gun. She did. His response was to ship it last Monday and email her the tracking number.

Donnachaidh said:

Did you read my last? Go to my first post and follow the lin to the Oregon DA's website. AFTER you file a complaint with them, ask Officer Papke to email him why you haven't recieved your stuff, any emails etc. Trust me, he won't ignore her.

Donnachaidh said:

Well, it turns out he didn't mail it priority, and he did mail it to the wrong address. Oh well, just more fuel to help everyone else get their stuff back. I'm going to make sure EVERYONE gets ahold of the Oregon DA's office. I'm going to call them today too, since he lied to her about the shipping (she forwarded me the email)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users