• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First Strike ready Pro-Lite Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:36 AM

after seeing threads here and there about people dreaming up ways to develop FS feed systems for existing markers, i decided to see if i could come up with something simple for myself and actually came up with something that works.

The old Tippmann Pro-Lite has a feed elbow that's part of sliding forearm. The assembly slides forward with a simple use of a lever. Once it's in the forward position, the breech is exposed. So, I dremmeled out the breech to fit the shape of the FS round. The forearm moves in a way that does not break regular paint that's sitting in the feed elbow. This allows me to use regular paint and when the need for FS arises, I simply slide the forearm forward, load a FS round, shoot, then load another one or slide the forearm back and continue using regular paint. I've tested this on several outings now and it works great. :snipersmile:

photo of the gun with the forearm in standard position
Posted Image

close-up photo of the FS-ready breech, forearm in forward position
Posted Image

I picked up a package deal of four old Pro-Lite field rentals. None worked, some were missing parts. My thought was that I'll either have lots of spare parts and room for error, or that I may actually end up with a bunch of working guns and sell some of them to recoup the cost of parts. After salvaging and replacing parts, I was left with three good guns. Below is a group photo.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:53 AM

Sweet!

Thanks for sharing :rolleyes:

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:21 AM

thanks. i've been using it whenever i can since last year. really wanted to field test it proprly before putting info out there. one thing to note is that pro-lites love co2. on hpa, i'm around 250fps regular paint/260 FS rounds, but on CO2, i can dial it in to whatever i want. usually keep it at 280 with FS, depending on field rules.

This post has been edited by D G: 08 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

#4 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Epic YES! Nice modding dude

#5 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#6 User is offline   F-3 

• Alive in the SUPERΠИKИOMИ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Do the First Strikes work fine placed behind the detent or do they need to be pushed into the barrel first?

#7 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

behind the detent is fine. i've put about 100 rounds through it with zero issues.

#8 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

I fear that my simple seal did not express my excitment over this issue.
Im seriously thinking about getting som FS paint and doing this mod to my one true paintslinger, the entire concept makes perfect sense, Ive always wanted to be able to slide the grip foward and drop in a better shot for that rare shot but of course that wasnt a viable option in my youth (I was using PMI premium at the time and that was the best available to me then).

This is too freakin amazing of an idea and I want vidoe on the performace, do it or ill ban you or not.

joy be the prolite
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#9 User is offline   F-3 

• Alive in the SUPERΠИKИOMИ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

I'm seriously tempted to try this on one of mine as well. I need to get some rounds first to make sure I get the fit right.

#10 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE ASSET

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

Very slick! I love how it's so easy to switch between the two types of paint. Very handy incase someone gets too close and need to lay down some fire while pickin people off from the bush!
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
If I said something to offend you, I probably meant it.

#11 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

View Post1-I, on Jun 8 2010, 07:18 PM, said:

I fear that my simple seal did not express my excitment over this issue.
Im seriously thinking about getting som FS paint and doing this mod to my one true paintslinger, the entire concept makes perfect sense, Ive always wanted to be able to slide the grip foward and drop in a better shot for that rare shot but of course that wasnt a viable option in my youth (I was using PMI premium at the time and that was the best available to me then).

This is too freakin amazing of an idea and I want vidoe on the performace, do it or ill ban you or not.

joy be the prolite

lol, I'd like to do a video and may actually get around to doing it, but I can tell that it's not going to happen for a while. Like you, over the years of playing, I wished I had a way to make more accurate and longer shots. FS rounds can make that happen. Ages ago, when these guns were new, I actually had a Pro-Lite. It was my upgrade from the SL-68. The Pro-Lite served me well, but eventually fell to the wayside as paintball gun technology advanced. I never thought that I would end up buying old rentals to refurbish and put back into service as a specialized marker.

View Postlowrider4lyfe, on Jun 8 2010, 09:24 PM, said:

Very slick! I love how it's so easy to switch between the two types of paint. Very handy incase someone gets too close and need to lay down some fire while pickin people off from the bush!

Yeah, this is a huge advatage. I get bored just sitting in the back. Having the ability to use FS and regular paint is perfect for my style of play, but there are some sacrifices.
1. With regular paint, my firepower is limited to Pro-Lite ROF, which is pretty slow by todays standards. You won't be shooting ropes, but it's more than enough to shoot people out. If you like to aim, you're not going to notice the difference. I've run an old school Revy, which is a great hopper. 200 rounds and agitated feed. Batteries last forever. Lately, I think I like a plain gravity feed 100-round hopper. It's got a small profile, it's light and gravity feed on a Pro-Lite isn't really a handycap in terms of ROF.
2. Chrono speeds. Because there is some difference between FS paint and regular paint, you're going to see different velocities when shooting both paint types from this gun. I've found an increase of about 10fps with FS rounds over regular paint. I chrono the gun to max field allowed velocity with FS paint. This leaves me shooting a slightly slower velocities with regular paint. It may look like a disadvantage as first, but I only switch to regular paint use for short and medium range encounters where the reduced fps isn't a handicap.
3. Pro-Lites were designed in the days of CO2 and function best on CO2. I'm working out a couple of easy solutions for HPA use, but until then, CO2 is the way to go. Also, if you really think about it, CO2 isn't much of a disadvatage for this gun. It lasts longer, so one fill will last you all day, if not a couple of days (depending on your trigger finger). I also don't have to worry about velocity drop of with CO2 on this gun, because you're not shooting ropes.

View PostF-3, on Jun 8 2010, 08:42 PM, said:

I'm seriously tempted to try this on one of mine as well. I need to get some rounds first to make sure I get the fit right.

To get the fit right, I worked in small increments, constantly lining up and feeding a FS round into the breech to make sure I make the right cut.
If any fields in your area allow FS rounds, go for it, or buy one of my two spares.

#12 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

i like the front handle on the shroud. i'll have to put one on my pro lite.

gawd i wish i would make my DT use the first strike rounds in a useful way. lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#13 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

Nice Prolites

Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   IIIce 

• Stay.Frosty.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IIIce

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

Just found out this existed,...so my 98c with a flatline could not shoot a FS round?

#15 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

i think not. the flatline is bent to give the projectile backspin. if the first strike round hits it, the fin behind will get pulled off the ball like a possum with a truck tire. from what i can tell the breach needs to be drilled too.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users