Special Ops Paintball: Tactics for the tactical - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tactics for the tactical if you need help on tactics heres some help!!! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Sgtcarlisle 

• Carlisle8642
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Privatecarlisle

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

Hey guys, im in the army and love what i do but... I also love studying on tactics! Theres an ARMY FM (feild manual) that you can read up on to get some help if you need it. I read it cause i had to. But with some of these tactics you can mix and match a lot of movements together and are able to come out a winner in a lot of cases. next time i can get on my computer ill get that on here for you guys. Ill just say theres a lot of tactics as infantry we dont use anymore because it can cause fratracide. well a few i use for my team is a envelopement, turning movement and a persuit/ engagement. this is one big tactic i can up with and it realy work when you have a good team set up. well take care and ill be back soon!!! :panzer: :panzer: :D
Infantry all the way, Path finders show the way!!! Pvt.Carlisle!!

#2 User is offline   LoopyDood 

• Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

Looking forward to reading it! But, it's been tried and proven that Military tactics don't work well on the paintball field. Should be an intresting read, anyways.

PS This should go in the 'Tactics' section of the forum.

This post has been edited by LoopyDood: 23 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

#3 User is offline   PhunkyMunky 

• Git'er Done!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gotta change this

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:21 AM

View PostLoopyDood, on Apr 22 2008, 01:17 PM, said:

Looking forward to reading it! But, it's been tried and proven that Military tactics don't work well on the paintball field. Should be an intresting read, anyways.

PS This should go in the 'Tactics' section of the forum.

Incorrect my friend. You just have to modify them. You see, where most military guys get messed up is when they make contact. They see some guys out about 100-200 meters and they start shooting (makes sense, right? With An M-16 it works just fine). Well, we all know that about 150' is the max you want to shoot and be effective.

So, when you begin to manuver on the "enemy" in PB you just make it more compact. Try bounding at more like 200' and closer. Flank at like, IDK, 50'. Maybe 75. Your base fire keeps their heads down, and your assault team moves up for the kill. Prearranged signal, the base team lifts fire (still suppressing their targets), and then shifts fire, stopping when the assault team begins their last push through. Then the base team moves through the OBJ and you count heads to see who's been hit.

It still works, you just have to realize that the ammount of space you can use is much less than the FM's say.

Also, alot of Gurilla tactics, special Ops (and I don't mean the Paintball guys, although their stuff does ok too), and such work well.

#4 User is offline   Inferno47 

• Rockin the Spyder from Hell
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Inferno47

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

one military tactic that works extremely well is the leap-frog/peel method. pretty sure everyone has read about this, in case not I'll give a quick summary:
this tactic works for any sized team, but for typing ease ill say there is guy 1 and guy 2. either one guy or both need to either
1)move to a better position
2)flank a position, where both guys are needed
3)Retreat
what happens is guy 1 provides suppressive fire at a certain location while guy 2 moves to a new place for cover. once guy 2 is in cover, he provides suppression fire while guy 1 moves to a new location(if he moves towards and past guy 2 in the same direction, then it is considered peeling). you continue this until you obtain your objective

i've used this method for almost every game ive ever played and it works, especially well for retreating(or at least appearing to retreat, o how i love guerilla tactics)
"War doesn't determine who is right, War determines who is left"-Confucious

#5 User is offline   PhunkyMunky 

• Git'er Done!!
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:11 AM

That's the beauty of the "Leap Frog" or "Bound and Cover", "Bounding Overwatch", or any other name you use for that tactic. You can one minute be moving up by bounding and the next find resistance to be too much and now you reverse and have a covered withdrawl.

Doing the ole "Shoot and Scoot" is good too. All that is is you ambush, or make contact, shoot a few balls (Rounds) and then run off. This can be used to draw the opfor into a kill sack for the rest of your team, or to harrass them as they move toward your base/flag/whatever.

If you use this to harrass though, be sure you plan ahead of time to have prepicked ambushsite that you've already prepared. Have several routs of approach and escape to each ambush spot, and make sure you clear your shooting lanes (clear shooing lanes by breaking off low branches, tall grass, etc.). If you use 3 guys for it, you culd even set it up for catching the opfor in a crossfire, one on each side of the opfor, and the third blocking retreat or advance.

Reactng to ambush should be to turn directly into your attackers and rush in shooting at them. You might loose a few guys but you have a better chance of making it out then if you just take cover or run away. Unfortunately, most fields frown on point blank shots, so you may have to just hope they run away from your rushing.

This post has been edited by PhunkyMunky: 26 May 2008 - 06:13 AM

#6 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

i agree with PhunkyMunkey, the tactics are sound, but need to be modified. I've played with Army, Air-Force, Marines, even the German Bundeswehr (army). At first they all try to engage at insane distances (for paintball). Give 'em a few games, and they are scary! Once they adjust their range, they play as a coordinated unit, and rock hardcore. that being said, you can still PWN 'em, as there are things I pull in paintball that i would NEVER try in an actual firefight when it's life and death. You never see bunkering moves in combat. Well, if you are shooting people that close in actual combat, things are really FUBAR....

This post has been edited by Eagle Eye: 28 May 2008 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#7 User is offline   PhunkyMunky 

• Git'er Done!!
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

LOL, If I were ever close enough to bunker someone in Combat, he'd better already be dead! I've heard of quite a few firefights getting that hairy in Iraq though. Just not for me. Most times all I saw was muzzle flashes and silouettes.

But back to what we were talking about. I agree that there are things we can get away with in PB just simply because it's only paint flying around. Just like it's alot easier to rush a position when you know that if you get hit you're not gonna die. You're just gonna sit it out till respawn or the next game.

I've also gotten completely spanked on the field too. I wasn't moving and using cover correctly, and I got nailed every time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users